Simply Filling Recipe Photo Diary

SimplyFilling

Hello Everyone!

I did weight watchers last year and went from 14 and a half stone to 11 stone 11lbs. Then towards the end of the year I lost interest and I gained 7lbs in 4months. So here I am 172lbs and ready to get back on plan this year. I have tried to have a diary before and generally forget to use it. So I'm not using this as a food diary, it is more of a place to note my recipes, weight loss and inch loss. I will log my points on my phone app.
I am doing the simply filling plan for as many days a week as I can. My start date is tomorrow and therefore my WI day is Tursdays (for now)

I hope you all have a fantastic new year! Enjoy the yummy foods tonight as I'm sure most will be strict on plan tomorrow.

So yesterday I thought I'd make a quick recipe I saw as it was simply filling. I saw the recipe here http://www.theburlapbag.com/2012/07/2-ingredient-cookies-plus-the-mix-ins-of-your-choice/

Sounded too good to be true, oats and banana = cookie.

I used Oats, banana, sweetener and vanilla and here is how it went.

image-3499027595.jpg

They tasted okay but I think next time I will add some dried fruit or nuts and spend the extra propoints.

Last edited:
Today I tried a recipe for banana pancakes.

Mashed up banana
Sweetener
Egg

I had it with sweetened quark. It wasn't the best pancake I've eaten but it was edible and cured a sweet tooth. I found the recipe on another board.

So I have just made some mini quiche things in a muffin tray. The idea came from this Vicki-Kitchen: Mini vegetable quiches (slimming world friendly)

I cooked some peppers, mushroom and onion. Them poured them into muffin tray with some chopped ham. Then wisked some eggs and poured them over the filling.
I never added the cheese. They puffed up in the oven and looked like little quiches. I am going to take two to work with me tomorow to go with my salad and cottage cheese.
Its suprising how little egg you need, just enough to cover the filling, I never used as many as the recipe suggested. I did taste one and it was very nice and I imagine better cold.

So far so good with simply filling. I have been following it last year but after a few months off plan it feels good to be back into control.

Welcome to this side of the board and a big well done with all the weight you lost last year, that's fab!

I often make the crustless mini quiches and they are really nice. Think I might well make a batch up for work lunch next week.

They sound yummy! I really want to try them

Thank you both!

I have had a non SF day today as I wanted sausages. I had butternut squash mash. Free on SF and 0pp on pp day. And it was amazing. Why have I never made that before.
I wish vegetarian sausages were free on SF as I could have had them instead. But I had some lovely Cumberland sausages 8pp for 2. So good. Other than that I've had a completely SF day, but I want a rum later ;) so made sense to pp.

image-3953671230.jpg

Last edited:
I am actually going to cheat today. Quorn meatballs are free and I have tesco own brand. I have looked online at the nutrition and the tesco brand of meatfree meatballs and they have less fat but a few more calories. I am going to treat them as SF. It would be a lot less calories than making my own SF ones from scratch.

So this evening I will have meatfree meatballs with mushrooms, pepper, tomatoes, homemade pasta sauce and carrots, lots of garlic. Either with broccoli and green beans or with wholemeal pasta depending on what I feel like.

And I have bought a tub of quark and it tastes like utter crap. Someone said on another thread to mix it with sweetener or hot chocolate to make a mouse. Any other ideas? Can I use it to cook savoury dishes or is it mainly for sweet.

I've been on a bike ride this morning with a club. I've had a racing bike for 2 months and have not used it due to rain. So we went out 12 of us. I was suprised I managed to keep up with the front pack. I feel really good. The fiancé is at the football later so I may lay on the sofa and catch up with homeland.

Well done on the bike ride, it sounds really fun and motivating to be part of a bike club.

The tweaks you have made are all really sensible ones so I am sure they weren't adversely affect things at all. Any eating plan is just a set of rules to try and moderate our overall intake of food and try to tip the scales in the balance of good, healthy foods and minimise the treats. Most of us employ that sort of common sense when callings things SF. The sausage thing is annoying, I agree. Several people count the very low fat vegi sausages as free and I am very very tempted to count the "Skinny Lizzie" sausages I bought today as free - they are less than 1.3g of fat per 100g which is far lower than most meat that is free on SF!

Your meals sound lovely. I had mash with roasted harlequin squash the other day and it was lush.

Enjoy your weekend.

Hmm interesting. I may have a look out for skinny sausages. I don't go overboard anyway. If I have a fruit yogurt that's 1pp I only have 1. But if I have the natural yogurt from the bigger tub that is free on SF I have about 2pp worth. I think why can't the fruit one be free. As the individual natural yogurts are never on offer.

Okay I want to start checking measurements monthly. My waist is 29inches.

I'll be trying the sausages this week so can report back on what they are like if you want?

Someone once posted that their ww consultant had explained why the flavoured yogurts weren't free - it was basically that in order to make them so low calorie most of the actual "nutrition" is taken out of them so they don't satisfy your hunger in the same way as the un-messed-about-with ones do. I guess its always a case of what works for you though. I have pretty much adopted the rule that yogurts that were free on slimming world are free on simply filling.

Oh tht would be great! Please let me know how they taste. Low calorie sausages never usually satisfy my sausage cravings. Haha

So today I am going to make some Chocolate Mouse. This is I the slimming world website, as I need to use this horrible quark up.

500g Fat Free Fromage Frais
100g Quark
1 options sachet 1pp
Sweetener (optional)

That makes 4 servings apparently. 1/4 of a point per serving. I am gonna give it a go and see if it cures me sugar cravings. Photo to follow later.

Holy Crap! I always shock myself! I go skiing, I cycle, I'm generally think I'm invincible and throw myself around. I NEVER get injured.
I just fell over walking up the stairs and my little toe has swollen up the size of 50p coin.

Not quite sure why I'm updating my foot in my food diary but it kills. It's black and blue and I am pretty sure it is broken. Hurts to move it. I had a quick look online and the hospital can't do anything for a broken toe. So in gonna go to sleep tonight and pray that the pain has gone when I wake. I don't want to be hobbling around work all day.

Okay so I used my 'Julienne slicer' tonight. I saw it on TV so I ordered one off amazon for £5. It basically cuts your veg into spaghetti like strips. So I had courgette and carrot spaghetti in 1 0pp extra light cheese triangle. With broccoli and asparagus. Then smoked cobbler.
So that meal was 100% SF. Would have only been 3pp on ww.

Oh no! That's terrible :( I know they can't do anything for a broken toe but if it's not any better by tomorrow, I'd go and see your doc tomorrow. Ouch! I banged my wrist on the door yesterday and it swelled up into a huge lump. Today the swelling has gone down but I have a beautiful bruise coming up. It's not as bad as yours sounds though.

I like the sound of that gadget. What does it taste like?? Next time you make it, can you take a pic so I can see what the veg looks like? x

I will take a photo the next time I use it. The veg is cut so thin that it needs very little time to cook.

Here is a picture from the Internet of it:

Attachments

• image-104529909.jpg
    image-104529909.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 69
  • image-1525938435.jpg
    image-1525938435.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 70
Amazon £5. I am not sure if you can buy them in high street shops.

First weigh in.....2lbs in 6 days. Super happy. I finished the week with 5 weeklies left. 35 ap earnt

You lost 2lbs?? That's fantastic! Well done :)

Yup 2lbs! I normally have small losses. About half a lb a week. But maybe the extra weight lost was Xmas binge lol!!

So I've been shoeless all day at work. Which is okay as I'm in an office. But one of the Nurses saw my hobbling around and strapped it up for me. She said she thinks it looks broken in her opinion, I need to be careful and avoid exercise for a week or two at least. Try not to put much pressure on it. Which is very annoying as I finally have my motivation back. Grrr

Tonight's tea is homemade chicken Kiev. :)

My crafty friend has made me a beautiful sign for my wedding saying:
'Today two families will become one. Pick a seat not a side'

My family is HUGE. My OH is an only child with a small family. So first of all it will even the sides out but also I think it is quite nice idea. I also have just seen this:
image-563074262.jpgI LOVE it. Not a traditional cake, maybe the top couple of layers could be a cake. I'm not sure. I'm not the most traditional of people. It is our day so we will pick what we like. It just looks so lovely. Maybe we could have both. Like this and also a cake. People could take a macaroon home with them. We get favour boxes in our wedding package for free.

Last edited:
Back