Six month challenge anyone?

Well done guys. It is a great feeling to be back on track after a blip.

I have managed 5 lots of exercise again this week - and got our running for the first time in ages doing 3.3km!!

1.7lb loss this week - steady and slow:)

Hi all,

I've been having a rough time with SW lately, so I'm going to switch over to JUDDD and try that for a few weeks, as I think I need a change and I think it will suit my lifestyle. I will still be weighing in at SW, as I think I need that routine.

I am however, withdrawing myself from the numerous challenges I am part of, as I keep failing and its doing nothing for my motivation. I'll keep popping in here though xx

Can someone delete me?

Hugs Lottiebird. Good luck :)

Well done Missy, Louise and Ruthie on your great losses this week :)

A STS for me this week which is much better then the gain i was expected :) back on form and will still a loss next week :D

Fantastic work everyone xx

Well done everyone, and good luck to you Lottiebird - I hope JUDD works for you :)

I have been eating awfully over the weekend...and this week its my birthday and OH's birthday today so no hope of it letting up. I am not going to bother weighing in this week as I can't go to usual group (working) and I can't really afford the fee's and petrol to go to another one. Plus I'd have to weigh on my birthday which isn't much fun! I am hoping to scrape back and minimise damage with hard work from sunday this week...fingers crossed ;)

good luck to you all :) x

In six months time my BMI has to be less than 30 so that we can either qualify for IUI treatment (for infertility) and/or get on the IVF waiting list.

I'd like to join in too, me and my hubby need IVF i have my next appointment in May then if im not at the bmi they would like i then get what seems to be the standard next appointment in 6 months ive been to two appointments now and i seem to need a fire lit under me, i dont know if anyone else is but i seem to be an emotional eater the first signs of stress or upset and boom! out of the window goes all my hard work and whats worse is i know what im doing no-one is forcing those cakes crisps etc down my throat. I got down to 18st last sept then over the months due to things ive put a stone and half back on i think many might agree with me here but seems the be that little bit harder when you are your own worse enemy.
I've like others seem to have things stacked up against me PCOS mental health and other things but damn it we will win! :)
looking forward to the support and being able to support others :)

Lost 3 pounds this week :D

missy1978 3 st (2st 12lbs to go)

Oabaab 3.5 st (3st 6.5lb to go)
Pastagirl 2 st (1st 12lb to go)
louise1982 2.11st (2st8lb to go)
treenire 2st (2st to go)
Flabtofit 2st (1st 10st to go) lost 4lb
MissLX 3st ( 2st 3.5lb to go)
Mandlegrot 2stone 6lbs (34lbs to go)
MrsQuadkon 3st (2st 9lbs to go)
Need 2 Diet 2st (2st to go)
Oey 3st (2st 13lbs to go)
LauraO 4st 7lbs (4st 3.5lbs to go)
3106catherine 3st 1lb (2st 10lb to go)
Hutchie 2st (1st 12lbs to go)
Indigoviolet (3st to go)
Madmuppet 3st 7lb (6lb down 3st 1lb to go)
LottieBird 2st (2st to go)
Stevie.j 3st (2st 9.5lb to go)
Blondegem 2st 7lbs (34lbs to go)
Ticktock 3st (2st 12lb to go)
Ruthiehammers 3st 11lb (3st 3.5 to go)
TootyFrooty 4st (4st to go)

Well done everyone, and good luck to you Lottiebird - I hope JUDD works for you :)

I have been eating awfully over the weekend...and this week its my birthday and OH's birthday today so no hope of it letting up. I am not going to bother weighing in this week as I can't go to usual group (working) and I can't really afford the fee's and petrol to go to another one. Plus I'd have to weigh on my birthday which isn't much fun! I am hoping to scrape back and minimise damage with hard work from sunday this week...fingers crossed ;)

good luck to you all :) x

I'm sure you can pull it back! I have an off plan day coming up on Friday and we're eating out at least once that day so I'll be reigning it in too after my massive burger pig out! Main thing - enjoy it and have fabulous birthday celebrations :D x

I'd like to join in too, me and my hubby need IVF i have my next appointment in May then if im not at the bmi they would like i then get what seems to be the standard next appointment in 6 months ive been to two appointments now and i seem to need a fire lit under me, i dont know if anyone else is but i seem to be an emotional eater the first signs of stress or upset and boom! out of the window goes all my hard work and whats worse is i know what im doing no-one is forcing those cakes crisps etc down my throat. I got down to 18st last sept then over the months due to things ive put a stone and half back on i think many might agree with me here but seems the be that little bit harder when you are your own worse enemy.
I've like others seem to have things stacked up against me PCOS mental health and other things but damn it we will win! :)
looking forward to the support and being able to support others :)

Hey Jo-Lou x I know what you mean, it's hard to keep going, especially when you feel down about things and that's why I wanted to start this group so we can all help each other. This time last year I was 19st 6 lbs with a BMI of 48, just coming off medication for anxiety and depression and struggling with giving up smoking. Today I'm 14st 9lbs, BMI 36 and closing in on BMI 30, on no medication and haven't smoked since May last year. It can be done, just stick with it, be determined and you can do it!

The big motivation for me, other than just the date I've been given, is my age. I'll be 35 in September and I'm aware that I'm cutting it fine! So it's kinda now or never with me.

This group should hopefully help us all to get to where we need to be so let's go for it and make this our year :D xxx

Good luck missy and jolou, i have pcos too and know how impossible it feels to loose weight! I stick to sw religiously and loose slowly whereas friends constantly cheat, barely stick to it and still lose loads! Its worth sticking at, just losing a little weight helps with my pcos symptoms. Never give up hope of a miracle...my gyno said i was completely infertile, didn't ovulate and would never concieve naturally, he made apt for us to join ivf in 6 mths time, i gave up worrying as nothing i could do, came to terms with it, went on holiday..........came back pregnant!!!! My gorgeous son is nearly 7 now i then fell pg again 11wks after havinghim! Impossible my eye lol!!! lovely daughter now 6, fine i havent had many periods since but so what, i got what i desperately wanted when i least expected it, and whenever i tell people about our miracle babies i get told plenty more stories just the same, doctors arent always right, fingers crossed for u both xxx

I'm glad you got your babies ticktock - thank you for sharing. xxx

I don't have PCOS, in our case the infertility is due to my husband having a low sperm count. I'm trying not to think about it all too much at the moment as although there are so many lovely stories like yours there are also some not so lovely stories and I daren't get my hopes up. Just got to keep going and hope the IVF works. :)

Thanks Missy and ticktock My hubby also has a low sperm count and it can get so disheartening when you feel the odds are stacked up against you, this group is a wonderful idea and i agree it is comforting to hear the good stories but i too have heard the not so good stories and together We shall make this year ours! :) ive had my last hurrah and naughtiness (Bottle of wine eek!) but now reading these posts and feeling encouraged we're gonna do this all of us for our own reasons and the ones we share :)
Also well done for quitting smoking! Missy thats hard i quit last year and gained 5lb but worth it in the end for the health benefits alone :)

wondered if i could join?

treenire 2st (2st to go)
Mandlegrot 2stone 6lbs (34lbs to go)
Oey 3st (2st 13lbs to go)
Indigoviolet (3st to go)
Fatty241 4st (4st to go)

Can someone update me please? I lost 3lbs last week and want to enjoy that result as much as I can before inevitable birthday gain at weigh in next week :)

Welcome to all thr newbies...some amazing targets set!! I think mine is going to have to come down a bit - maybe to 2 stone - will review it when I'm back from India in march :)

3lb down for me this week :) and done for you mandlegrot!

treenire 2st (2st to go)
Mandlegrot 2stone 6lbs (31lbs to go)
Oey 3st (2st 10lbs to go)
Indigoviolet (3st to go)
Fatty241 4st (4st to go)

Only 1/2 lb off for me this week quite miffed off but any loss is better than a gain, and well done to everyone that has had a loss.

treenire 2st (2st to go)
Mandlegrot 2stone 6lbs (31lbs to go)
Oey 3st (2st 10lbs to go)
Indigoviolet (3st to go)
Stevie.j 3st (2st 9lb to go)
Fatty241 4st (4st to go)

getting weighed on saturday after not going last week - dreading it!!
is it me or do you think you have a pass when you dont get weighed that week!
agh so annoying....booked a holiday for july last night too so need to get rid of this baby weight!

Back