Size 14-16 in a Bikini on the beach?

NewLife4Me

What are your rules about wearing a bikini on the beach?

Only for the gals size 6-12?
Anything goes?

I wore a size 16 bikini in Egypt last month, and felt fine with it, no one stared pointed or laughed, and there were far worse sights than me. I'd like to be wearing a smaller one next time though :)

I feel a bit exposed if i was to wear one. But having said that by the time i go away in October I'm so hoping to be a 10/12 so i probably will wear one. Like Sarah says there is always someone bigger and this year it wont be me!

i wore a size 14 one last year on holiday and felt really good!

Yeh no worries!

If it fits and you don't have anything hanging over (This is usually the other person, who's worse than you!). There are so many styles out there bikini's aren't always the string type.

If you've got one and you feel good in it then where it with pride. Where are you going?

Bren
X

As long as you feel comfy go for it!!!

Who is gonna stop you.

Maybe if your not sure about a bikini go for a tankini!

Have a fab time.

I am going on holiday in September. I am thinking of wearing a tankini, which as I see as a sort of compromise.

I'm an 18/20 and wear a bikini. As long as it's well fitted and you feel comfortable then it doesn't matter what size you are!

To me, getting that golden tan is far more important than wondering what other people think :p

I'd say yes.

Especially if you're going to america, there are people over there who must be 20+ and still wear bikinis.

Get toned and it doesnt matter how big you are, it generally only looks bad if you're really untoned.

Go for it! :)

I am a size 12, bought a play boy bikini for Greece ( in 8 weeks) but I am feeling so strange thinking i,ll be wearing it. I feel i,ll be the biggest person on the beach wearing a bikini. This thread is helping me in a way to boost my confidence.

Thanks everybody for your honest opinions.
I´m off to Spain, thing is I´m really paranoid cos it will be the first time on the beach with my boyfriend, and to make matters worse we will be meeting up with his friend from time to time, and he´s a Doctor!! so it has got me thinking all sorts :(

if you feel comfortable wearing one, go for it! I'm gonna wear one this year too, still feel a bit paranoid about it but like others have said there's bound to be worse than me there.

im going away in 5 wks and bought size 16 bikini, it fits fine but i will still wear a sarong or one of those thin tops.... so i think if u feel comfortable in yourself, don't give a **** about what other people think!!!!

Thanks everybody for your honest opinions.
I´m off to Spain, thing is I´m really paranoid cos it will be the first time on the beach with my boyfriend, and to make matters worse we will be meeting up with his friend from time to time, and he´s a Doctor!! so it has got me thinking all sorts :(

Just be confident! im sure you'll look gorgeous and if you radiate confidence people won't even notice if you're not skinny, just relax and enjoy your holiday hunny :)

Hey, last year,in October,I wore a bikini and went topless, at a size 24.I get that it probably wasn't pretty but I was with my best friend, and I wanted a tan, she wouldn't judge as she's seen me naked before (as I'm sure your boyfriend wouldn't) and I didn't know anyone else so who cared what they thought.

If I'm honest, my attitude was, I paid for my holiday, I want a tan, I have a cracking rack, why the hell shouldn't I show it. and you know what, as much as you're the centre of your world and it's a huge thing to you, you're not the centre of everyone elses and I honestly doubt on a beach full of topless people, or much bigger people in one pieces, your size 16 bikini wouldn't stand out at all.

Don't be self conscious, wear the bikini and rock it!!

I wore a size 18 bikini in Tunisia last year and no one battered an eyelid your on holiday hun if you feel confident do it !!! Size 12 or 24 if u feel confident then go for it !!! :) :) :)

I only got back from Spain on Thursday, am a size 14/16 and wore a bikini the whole time.
The one I wore was black and made by panache, it has a proper bra top (as I am a 32g) and short style bottoms which I think are very flattering.
I didn't feel out of place, there were people bigger and smaller than me wearing bikinis, but if you are feeling unsure I would definetley say go for a tankini, you can always pull it up to tan your stomache when you are lying down and a sarong can hide a multitude of sins!!

Back