Size 14?

Keighleyjo2010

Silver Member
I remember a lady saying what weight she needed to be to be a certain size...
I don't know how she worked it out or where she found the info but if someone knows can you please tell me what weight I'd need to be to be a size 14? (I'm 5'5)

There is no right or wrong answer to that question. Based a person's bone structure/density, muscle weight, etc, it will be different for many people even if they are all 5'5.

You can probably make a guess for yourself by noting your current dress size and making a goal to be one dress size smaller. Note how many pounds you lost to get to the smaller dress size and that can help you guess how many pounds you need to lose to fit into that 14. Don't forget to take into account that, from one clothing brand to the next, sizes will run small and large. :)

Good luck!

hi dont no if this helps but im 5ft 5 and when i was 13stone 4-9lbs i was a comfy 14 (most shops) and id say i dont have much muscle....bit lazy lol!!

see now i am a 14 at about 11.5-12 stone. I am 5ft4. BUT i have huge knockers.....lol. I am an 18 and about 13.5stone

am 5"4 and weigh 14 10 and am a size 16 and i know to be size 14 i need to weigh about 13 7 cos thats what i use to be when i was a size14. everyones different but at least its some sort of a guide.xx

I'm 5'6.5" and a size 14 at 14 stone

its so not fair.....lol. No wonder i have never been less than a 12 all my adult life. LOL.

Well I 'm confused as I'm 5'7" and need to be 11st to be a size 14.

at 5ft 8in i need to be 11st 4lb to be a 14, although in certain things i can get away with a 12 and others i need a 16 (like monsoon dresses - states us12 is uk 16 which is rubbish.... it's only 1 size difference so a us12 is a uk14,,,,, rant over :)).

p.s usually 1 stone is about a dress size for me. i can also loose size when i pick up my running but no necessarily loose weight.

Well mocha I'm really really confused cos I'm 5'7" and I weigh 11 stone and I'm a size 10/12 work that one out lol !!!!!

Hi Ladies --

Great things is correct -- for the most part the difference in US and UK sizing in clothes for women is a little more than one size. For example: a UK 12 can equal either a US 10 or 8 depending on the design.

I am about 5'4" -- I carry most of weight in bum and thighs -- and I am wearing a UK 14/16 (which is a US 12/14) depending on how it is made and I weigh about 12 stone. When I have a BMI of 22.5 (9 1/2 stone) I wear a UK 8/10 (a US 6/8).

Question: KeighleyJoJo2010 -- Why are you aksing about being a Size 14. Do you have something special you want to wear?

Note: Clothes have been sized up over the years. Vintage clothes are much smaller for the sizes they are marked.

MinnieMel

I have a wedding to go to in aug, and I was thinking about buying my dress now to give me a goal.
But I have changed my mind I'm just going to lose the what weight I can and buy the dress nearer the time.

I am 11st 5, 5ft 7 and size 12/14 x

God this has depressed me lol

There's no way I will be in a size 12 dress for the hubbies homecoming in April...

3 months to loose 4 and a half a Stone lol

At least I can set my sights on a size 14 dress now!

Bloody clothes. Booooooo!!!

Xxxx

God this has depressed me lol

There's no way I will be in a size 12 dress for the hubbies homecoming in April...

3 months to loose 4 and a half a Stone lol

At least I can set my sights on a size 14 dress now!

Bloody clothes. Booooooo!!!

Xxxx

hunni you could show up wearing a bin bag and hes still going to be looking at the most beautiful woman hes ever seen

We are all SO different!! Amazing!

Back