size matters

OMG Lind that's amazing! Well done :D
I love keeping up with your progress cos I started the week after you - you're only a teeny bit taller than me and we started at the same weight! You're dropping the pounds way quicker than I am though!!

Just goes to show though that weight and body shapes make a difference in sizes that you drop - thanks to my West Indian heritage (= big bum & boobs) I know that it will take me a lot more than a 2 stone weight loss to get me into a size 12 at Next!

We are pretty similar too ajb. I also have junk in my trunk and big mahungas lol. I can't imagine getting into a 12 from next for at least another 3 stone!!

Yay you Lind

i find that even in the same shop im not able to get into the same size tops quite often, im top heavy too so tops are and have always been a big issue for me. i started at 16/18 top and 14/16 bottoms.

Ajb It often gets me down that i'm not loosing as much as some people do (mainly because of my pcos) but im just glad that im loosing somthing and always try and remind myself of this fact because its more than wat i was loosing by myself(which was nothing, infact i was gaining).

Ha ha Melarnz I feel your pain! Even during my 20s at my lowest weight (8 1/2 stones eek!) but thanks to my boobs and bum I was still a size 10/12 while all my mates were a 6/8 so I thought I was fat!

Girls nowadays are lucky to have role models like Jennifer Lopez and Beyonce - If they had been around when I was growing up I wouldn't have been so ashamed of my curves! Now I'm fighting to get them back and when I do, I'm gonna flaunt them!!

Dazzle you're right I should be pleased to be losing - but its human nature to compare isn't it? Especially when you see someone with similar weight/height to you losing loads more its hard not to get frustrated with yourself. Still I know I am following the plan 100% I'm not lapsing and the only thing I can improve on is my water intake and exercise - so I'll work on those - one day at a time :)

That's the best attitude to have AJB, everyone loses weight differently, but on any other diet would you have lost a stone in 3 weeks! Plus your BMI has already gone down so much, which for me is a big goal as I just want a healthy BMI.
:)

Thank you Ladies. :D

I have decided to have a big wardrobe clear out over the weekend and see what fits and what is still too small and what is too big. (dare I hope!)

Then I will have a nice empty wardrobe ready for goal weight and oh so much shopping.

its funny, I need new clothes at the moment because most things are very loose and leave me looking like i'm wearing sacks and due to cost of lighter life don't have the money to get any really (which is probably a blessing in disguise) where as before i was buying clothes left right and centre and did'nt really need them. Well let me get to my target and then finish rtm and boy am i gonna go on a shopping spree. who wants to join me? lol

Dazzle I will join you :D

I bought a size 14 jeans out of Next yesterday and I was walking around the town swinging my bag. I kept saying to my OH - look a Nxt bag with a size 14 jeans inside. Not an Evans bag that i have to hide inside a M&S bag so nobody knows I have been in the fat shop. I think my OH thinks i have lost the plot completely but unless you have shopped in Evans you dont understand how good it feels to shop in a 'normal' shop. Does anyone know what I mean?????

Oh yeah...shopping sounds like a plan!

I so loved going into River Island yesterday, and just for once I wasn't just looking at the accessories!

ohyes, yes, yes, I Soooooooooo know what you mean. Sometimes I feel like wearing my clothes inside out to show the labels!
Thank heaven for Evan at the time. I can't tell you how many pairs of black trousers, huge knickers and tights I've bought there over the years.And their Sales were great.
And thank heavens I don't have to go there any more.
No more sensible shoes, anonymous black trousers with a "nice bright" top for me now. Heels, minis ans skinnies now!

I can't wait until I can shop in Warehouse, River Island, Oasis and dare I say it Jane Norman again! I live right near Lakeside Shopping Centre - maybe I should warn my bank manager in advance of reaching target!

Hanmac I'm with you on the BMI - my main target is to get into the healthy weight range - anything lower than that is a bonus :)

Oh SB I was smiling away to myself reading your last message - cos I felt your excitement at wearing normal clothes. I bought 3 vest tops yesterday for a tenner instead having to pay £20 for one - the way I have had to do for years. Now if that isnt an excuse to start shopping then I dont know what is :D

It doesnt take much to amuse us - does it lol

oh yes the day I can shop in Primark for a vest top and a pair of jeans and make them look good - then I know I've made it!

I was looking at all the stuff in the sales and I was thinking in the next sales I will be at goal and I will be able to really stock up because I will be maintaining and I will be able to wear them for years......well at least until they go out of fashion!

Great minds think alike Lind! Come those January sales I will be standing outside Next at the crack of dawn and steaming towards the sale rails like a woman possessed!!!

Yeah, Sales are fun , but BL and I discovered a new hobby when we became slim
CHARITY SHOPS !!!
We have had some fantastic bargains -
designer labels, some brand new with the original labels on.
I got a pair of silk Jaeger trousers for £1 !!
But beware ..............it becomes addictive.

We have a plcae where I live that you can take you clothes to and they will sell them for you and take their cut.

The stuff they get in is amazing. I have already bought a few bits for when I am at goal. A white Ralph Lauren jumper, A silk shell top and some lovely French Connection trousers and it didn't even come to a tenner!

Dazzle I will join you :D

I bought a size 14 jeans out of Next yesterday and I was walking around the town swinging my bag. I kept saying to my OH - look a Nxt bag with a size 14 jeans inside. Not an Evans bag that i have to hide inside a M&S bag so nobody knows I have been in the fat shop. I think my OH thinks i have lost the plot completely but unless you have shopped in Evans you dont understand how good it feels to shop in a 'normal' shop. Does anyone know what I mean?????

i recently (i say recently but its been about 7 months now) ended up in evans looking for boots that fit my calves. i know what you mean about hiding the carrier bag. but the boots i bought r fab, though,with like a corset tie up design at the back (very sexy) i dunno if they still fit me. must dig them out.

Back