size or weight?

twinkabelle

just wondered what was more important to you, or which you were aiming for?

do you want to be certain weight and that is all that counts?

OR

do you want to be a certain size and will stop there?

just being nosey really :D

i want to be a certain weight,

i want to get to 10.5 stones and see how i feel then.....

lowest ive been as an adult was 11stone 4, and i really wanted to go that bit further but never made it!

i think at that i would be about a size 12......... ahhhh the dream lol x

I think size, at my peak physical fitness i was a size 12, but only 17 and doing way too much fitness i mean all day everyday for 8 months, as soon as i starting actually having a job, i went up to a 14, so i would love to see a 14 and look good in it. Dont care if im 10stone 5 or 12 stone 5, size 14 it iz!!

At the moment I'm aiming for weight but having not been the weight I'm aiming for in my adult life it will be a case of see when I get there. I'll just stop when I feel happy.

If I'm 10/12 on top and 14/16 bottom, then I know that I'll be able to look in the mirror and smile :D
At my target weight of 154lbs/70kg, I'll be overweight but I've never believed BMI took heavy bones into consideration anyway!
So yeah, I'm a size rather than weight kindda girl x

For me weight is more important than size , and I actually wrote initially the other way around and have now changed my mind

its hard to aim for a size because its not always clear when you are there

Whereas weight is a definite figure to aim for, and then ill see what size I am when I get there

I think also that size depends on how toned you are , I might get to 9 stone and be a size 12 because i havnt exercised , a bit of working out could take me down to a size 10 but add 7 lb because ive gained muscle

Size is too vague , plus it varies from one item of clothing to the next , one shop to the next

its true size can be different from person to person, i know years ago my mum and i lost alot of weight and even though she was a stone lighter than myself we were the same size AND she was 1.5 inches taller..... i guess it depends on where you hold the f@t the most, which is why this time i want to go for a goal weight, rather than a size :)

Well aside from the bit about being toned (that ain't ever going to happen-any other exercise-phobs say 'yay'!. I know, it's naughty but if you can't be honest on here, where can you be honest...?) I could have written Phoenix's post. For me now it's weight. I think some clever people have worked out healthy weight x height and although it's an imprecise science, it will do for me. Around about the 11 stone mark should have me not scaring the horses or small children and then I'll be happy! (Or will I..... hope so!)

I also want to stress that waist measurement is very important
It is closely linked to you risk of heart problems and stroke
I am more concerned about my waist size than my dress size , particularly as im apple shaped and i have big boobs , so chances are even if I got down to some ridiculous weight I would never look good into a size 10 dress , my body shape just wouldnt allow it regardless of my weight

Agree Phoenix and it's where I'm biggest (round the tum) and where I'm losing the slowest, but that's ok, it's going...slowly. I'm going to have to have the tuck surgery when this is all done, but it will be a sweet discomfort to get the outside all tidied up!

I'm aiming for a weight as I was happy at that weight before. Size is important to me too though so I'll reassess when I get there and see whether I need to lose more. I think feeling happy with size and not weight is important too but I'm not very good at assessing my size so it's better for me to aim for a weight.

Both really I'm happy at 9.7 upto 10.4 which is size 10 :)

I think it's an individual thing.

Last time I lost weight, 47lbs, I went down to 160lbs but after losing a bit more, only a few pounds but I hated the way I looked, going from big to small made me look slim in my eyes, the extra few pounds made me look too skinny.

Completely different look at things this time round.

I was only about 14lbs over that weight when I started in January that but felt and looked huge! Even though last time round I saw around that weight as slim/skinny. Strange how the mind works!

So the plan is to get down to about 140lbs but if along the way I feel that it's too much then I will stop, I want to look healthy!

Although the way things have been going not sure I will ever get to that stage lol

For me I am aiming to sit comfortabley between a 12-14, my goal weight is 175 before the wedding to fit my dress. But for me to wear a 12 I have to be around 11 stone ish. Thats the ultimate goal. I am slightly worried about toning, I took a good look in the mirror today and I am concerned about my arms and tum. Need to do some exercise! x

The Alizonne body maintenance treatments, if they work, (and I have no knowledge one way or the other), sound as if they cope well correcting or maintaining the inevitably excess skin issues. I assume a lot of it is down to the level of fitness and your muscle /skin tone before and during the weight gain. I know some very fit larger ladies who I'm sure won't have the saggy issues that I am fast developing. Age is also a factor. I wouldn't go over the top with concerns about a few saggy bits but I really don't want to be left with a tum which is mainly left over saggy bits! I know, it's a horrible thought, right?! Not an issue when I was younger, it just shrank back.... less shrinkage these days :(

I've never been thin, ever, so I have no idea at what point I'l say thats it, I'm done. It may be a weight, it may be a size, it may be me standing looking in the mirror and liking what I see! I may get too thin and not like it, I may finish at overweight rather than normal BMI if it feels right. No idea yet! My goal weight was only picked as it's within the normal BMI range, thats all!

Same with me MiniM - I have a size in mind and I have a weight in mind but I have no idea whether it'll suit me. I'll have play it by ear when I get there...

I have kind of wanted to be a 14 all the way along but the last time i was a 14 I was 11 years old. I am really unsure. I really want to be healthy so I guess I am aiming for the higher regions of my healthy weight zone. I have such a long way to go I am not really considering it at the moment. When I get near to having to give it some serious thought I will be so made up anyway. As long as I get somewhere near it I win. YEAH!!!!

"I have such a long way to go I am not really considering it at the moment. When I get near to having to give it some serious thought I will be so made up anyway. As long as I get somewhere near it I win. YEAH!!!!"

You'll do it Lynee, this works, it really does!

Weight is the biggest thing for me
As I am Losing to be suitable for fertility treatment. Being a smaller size will be a
Bonus :) lost 2 sizes in the last month x

Back