Sizzling Pubs - Quorn and 3 bean chilli

Princess_Stevie

Gold Member
Sorry if there is already a post relating to this, but I couldn't see one.

I'm eating out at a Sizzling pub tonight, and as it's only the first day of my fresh week today, I really want to stay on the straight and narrow. I've been having a look at the menu this morning so that I can plan in advance, and I came across the Quorn and 3 bean chilli:

Quorn mince with kidney, borlotti and black eyed bean spicy chilli, served with spicy mexican rice, tortilla chips and sour cream.

Now, if I was to take a rain-check on the tortilla's and the sour cream, I'm guessing it could be a pretty low Syn dish. Does anyone have a rough idea of how many Syns I'd need to count for the chilli and the rice?

If all else fails, I guess I can stick with the trusty JP with baked beans and cheese on the side! :)

I've found the nutritional info for the chilli, but as it doesn't tell you how many grams per portion, I can't work out the Syns using the calculator! Looks like it will be a trusty (but boring) JP with beans for me tonight.

I have the chicken breast with jacket and side salad no dressing when i go there syn free

I had considered that, but I do Red / Green days so it would mean doing EE for the day. I always feel deprived on EE as I love the double HEx's you get with R / G. I can't make up my mind xx

for eating out ee is the best option i have found .... have steak n chicken combo with jacket then you wont miss the hex as much thats got to be worth an ee day steak and chicken mmmmmmmm tasty

I don't eat a lot of meat to be honest, most of my days are green. Plus I tend to use the hex's for something sweet after a meal 99% of the time as it saves my Syns.

Anyway, just back. Ended up having 2 chargrilled quorn fillets with a JP and side salad. Didn't feel like I was missing out at all - jobs a good'en!

I don't eat a lot of meat to be honest, most of my days are green. Plus I tend to use the hex's for something sweet after a meal 99% of the time as it saves my Syns.

Anyway, just back. Ended up having 2 chargrilled quorn fillets with a JP and side salad. Didn't feel like I was missing out at all - jobs a good'en!

Yay

The chilli would be low syn, I'd just count around 6 for any oil used to be fair... or guess the weight of the dish... I've done that before with the calculator... put a couple of different weights in and its given me a rough idea of how many syns it would be, which although isn't great its better then nothing :)

Back