Skin and Nails

Shopaholic

is back to finish the job
Have any of you noticed a lovely side effect to this diet? My skin hasn't been so silky and clear in years. My nails are lovely and strong - they are usually a bit brittle. Obviously having a nutritiously balanced diet has fringe benefits :D

my skin is better, haven't had a spot in ages but my nails are worse! Flaky and brittle. My hair is a nightmare but luckily I'm getting it all chopped off on Thursday! Can't wait!

Skin is clear and spot free, nails are stong. My only complaint is that my skin is a little dry, not that this is a major problem, I've been using up all my Christmas present moisturisers!! :) x

I can remember having very soft elbows!!!!!!!!!! I always had dry and cracked elbows, but when on CD they are always lovely and sofT!

Just had a feel of my elbows and they are soft too - but I put that down to not working in over a year. Back at my desk on Wednesday so I'll probably get my hard skin back before long...

My skin has really improved, used to get several spots each month on my face, but not anymore!
However, all the grease from my face seems to have moved to my hair! It is now really limp and grim. Tried all different shampoos, but nothing is working. Any ideas??!!
Will get to goal, have lovely clear skin but greasy hair. Ummmm!

Maybe ask a hairdresser for some advice the next time you get a trim, do you use a lot of conditioner? If you do, just put it on the ends, not the roots.

I had to change my shampoo to a milder one. I was using one for damaged hair and it left my hair greasy after 1 day. I usually wash my hair every 3 days. Some hair products like mousse would make it greasy too.

Ive got baby skin, grr I still get id'd everywhere however my hair grows back much faster and my stomach and chest is covered where a year ago there were literally about 2 inches square on my chest so I think it certainly helps with skin, nails(and hair growth even if not softness) .

I've noticed that although my skin is really clear its also very dry. So moisturising loads, thats probably no bad thing either.

My hairs went a bit Wurzel Gummidge though. I think thats more down to previous dye jobs than anything else.

Hi Count210, Have you found your hair has got thinner as I have heard this can happen on cd and that will make your hair appear more greasy-I already have thin hair and I have to wash my hair everyday other day due to this. Zoe xx

My nails have become much stronger and have even started to grow to a nice length for once. Have noticed that my skin overall is a bit better, but I'm putting that down to spending more time looking after myself & using more body lotions etc. Another good reason to do CD!

i never EVER manage to grow my nails long, they just break but after a 2 weeksish on CD i looked at my hands and was like OMG long nails!!!....but they all came off yesterday, chipped one so got rid of them all :( lol

My skin is nice too and the dark circles under my eyes have gone due to the earlier nights and good sleeps i've been having to keep me away from the fridge.

My skin is nice too and the dark circles under my eyes have gone due to the earlier nights and good sleeps i've been having to keep me away from the fridge.

LMAO :giggle: I might take a leaf out of your book Molly and go to bed when the fridge is humming my name...:rolleyes: lol

lol, I've been sitting on here - so I've developed dark rings under my eyes :p Must do some early nights!

ive noticed the bags under my eyes have almost gone and my skin and nails are fantastic... i think its all the water, even if i do feel like im drowning sometimes lol

I can remember having very soft elbows!!!!!!!!!! I always had dry and cracked elbows, but when on CD they are always lovely and sofT!

Good heavens! I checked mine when I read this, which used to be like Dinosaur skin (probably) and they're peachy soft and uncracked. Bonus!

I wish the soles of my feet were going the same way...

Ohh, miss pinky, me too. I hate my feet, sandles scare me, lol.. knowing that I need to wear them, and by the end of summer my feet are even dryer and cracked. I did have some vaseline heal balm and that was ok, softened slightly, I just need something to get rid of it all, but condition at the same time. x

Back