Skin Tips

melarnz

Silver Member
I have been doing LL for 10 weeks now and have lost 4 stone in total (6 to go). I have now starting to notice my skin is getting loose.

Im guessing that 'time' and water is the biggest cure for this, but are there any tips on how i can help things along. Im not expecting miracles (i have had 2 kids = stretch marks) but I would love to have half decent skin to go along with my new.

I would love to avoid having a body lift when im at my target ;-)

As far as I know there are only two things you can to do help;

1) give it time. It apparantly takes up to 12 months for the skin to tighten up

2) exercise to tone your muscles, as your muscle tissue gets tighter and more taut it will "pull" at the skin from within and so it will appear to be less lose as it will be stretched over the larger muscle mass.

Realistically, if you have been overweight for a prolonged period of time, especially combined with having children, you will almost certainly have some degree of lose skin forever :(

Thats something to look forward to!! THANKS!! LOL

(Very nice avatar by the way - Nice to see a bit of eye candy on a predominately female site)

Hi Mel,

If you find a miracle cure, please let me know! I've lost nearly 7 stone now and everything looks like a balloon after it's been left for two weeks! It's not a pretty sight - BUT - I would rather look like that than be fat again.

Like Pete has said I believe it takes up to 12 months for the skin to go back. I've been doing Pilates for about 3 months in the vain hope that it might help, but I know that after being overweight for my entire adult life I am not going to have the body of a 20 year old!

I think I may buy shares in bio oil lol

Lol I have some already!!! Streach marks are a bit paler but not much else - tummy is like ive had 5 kids and I havent even had one!!! So if there is a miracle I am praying for it!:)

And probably start saving for surgery :)

Jez
xx

Back