SKIN

timsmom

For those of you who have lost lots of weight (probably 6 stone plus) , I have a genuine concern which I hope you can help with. I need to lose seven stone and am getting there but even now I am worried how bad my loose skin is going to be. I carry all my weight on my tummy, comparatively skinny arms and legs and small boobs but even now my fat seems to be getting softer somehow and my skin looks terriby wrinkly.

Have any of you had to have tummy tucks and if so did you have to pay privately. Nothing is going to stop me in my quest for slimness but it does concern me that I'm gonna have a huge apron of skin where my belly used to be.:sigh:

Didn't want to read and run, but you may have been better posting this in the main forum as this is a diary section.

Regarding loose skin, I can't say but do have alot to lose, but feel i'd rather have some loose skin and be healthy than be the way i am.:)

Nhs tummy tucks depend on your local pct and if the doctor feels that the loose skin is 1) affecting your mental health and 2) if the excess skin is causing sores, or medical problems. You will have to maintain your weight loss for at least 1 year to 18 months to be considered.

Also because of the fast weight loss it can take a year for the skin to catch up, age and how long you've been over weight all are factors in to the loose skin. a good friend lost 6 stone on cd and has no loose skin so it's all luck really.

Body brush and moisturise will help.:eek:

Hope this helps a lil bit, and good luck with your weight loss journey:)

Thanks honey, I have no plans to stop dieting at the risk of having some loose skin. Good advice though Jenx

Back