Skin

Claudia84

I dont want to b depressing but is anyone worried about excess skin? Or has anyone lost a lot of weight and not had a problem with it? It's really getting me down thinking about losing all this weight and being left with loads of saggy skin, any tips on how to prevent it ?? X

107lb down and yes at first my skin felt baggy but the skin has caught up with my weight now, exercising helps I don't use any lotions or potions just shower gel and a body puff

That's good then :) I lay awake at night thinking about it lol, I'm thinking about taking swimming up I was doin aqua aerobic's but started feeling faint so think that might have been too much x ps well done on ur lose!! How long did that take? X

It was about 8 months but I messed around once I got to 12st and stayed the same for about a month and a half then again at 11st. It's always the st brackets that I struggle with lol

Yes this is one of my big worries! Especially my stomach :-( after 2 kids and years of yoyo dieting. But I would have to say that after the first 1st stone and half, it's not as bad as I thought so fingers crossed x

Nette said:
Yes this is one of my big worries! Especially my stomach :-( after 2 kids and years of yoyo dieting. But I would have to say that after the first 1st stone and half, it's not as bad as I thought so fingers crossed x

I'm the same, my youngest has just gone one so I'm hoping iv still got some elastic left in me lol, my sister says "u can always have an op" haha I hope it doesn't come to that x

I think excess skin is an issue many of us with a lot to lose think about, I know I do. There really is no difinitive answer because everyone is different. Losing a large amount of weight so quickly will most likely result in some sagginess, but over time the skin should tighten back up. I think doing some strength training/toning exercises can help.

im so worried im going to have a blanket of skin left :( i already have saggy bits under my arms and they look gross!! i can only imagine them getting worse when i lose weight

Yep worried!!

Buy I use a body brush every day. Improves tone, appearance, cellulite, lymphatic drainage and gives your skin a blooming good exfoliation! I do it before the bath or shower :) xx

sapphirestara said:
Yep worried!!

Buy I use a body brush every day. Improves tone, appearance, cellulite, lymphatic drainage and gives your skin a blooming good exfoliation! I do it before the bath or shower :) xx

Where do I get one of them from? X

body brush! great idea. my sis used to do that all the time before.
ive got all these firming creams and stretch mark creams but i dont think they make a difference.. but u gotta try right?

A friend of mine who's 18 lost 12-13st and was left with a lot of sagging skin. Everyone told her that she wouldn't have any excess skin left because of her age but she did!! She had plastic surgery to remove it all... yes at that age!!!

I think after losing that amount of weight you would definitely hav skin!! Well done to her tho! Bet she looks fab. If i cud afford to i wud hav it removed coz i know i'll look horrid

I must admit worry about excess skin too.

I'm taking extra vit E & zinc - which should help the condition of my skin. & I'm moisturising with bio oil as well. Hopefully this will avert the skin problem & I'll bounce back. lol

Back