Skinny Sia - Wedding Bells!!!!

Skinny Sia

Silver Member
OK, this is going to sound mad but I'm probably getting married this December. It's a long story but think I should share.

You may remember me from slim and save, or Cambridge or even JUDDD. I started slim and save once, lost 2 stones, gained some back, tried slim and save again. Didn't work out as I was scared of my hair loss etc. then began eating with calorie counting and hair began growing back. I got tests done at belgravia and all came out normal and said it was cos of my vlcd. Then I went for Cambridge as I wanted a counsellor and I was lucky enough to have the most wonderful counsellor who is an actual therapist. But I hated the packs. Really couldn't take to them so I would have packs one day, normal food (fish, chicken and bread!) on others and think I was unintentionally doing JUDDD, the alternative day diet. I ended up losing 6lbs my first week and would've stuck to it cos it's soooooo easy BUT...

... I'm getting married and more than likely it will be this December. It's all a bit of a shock. My ex and I have always been friends but we broke up a couple of years ago because he couldn't take my negative self talk and lack of self esteem. I suffer from mild social anxiety so it's not like I'm a social butterfly anyway and he totally accepted that and loved me regardless. However, he just couldn't take my anger towards myself and constantly berating myself so after many arguments, he upped and left. We have children together so we talked now and again and have a laugh but I didn't see him often as he'd pick the kids up from school one week and drop them back there and I'd do the same the following week. We never ever had issues with co-parenting etc and just got on with it. He always said he'd want to give us another chance when he felt I started loving who I was. So.... Today I had to attend an event that he was at. I saw a woman by his side who I thought was his new girlfriend. Turns out she was his kid brothers girlfriend who had business connections with the event. Anyway, we spoke for ages at the event but I didn't ask him if she was his girlfriend until I got home and he called. He said it was like he was chatting to the old Sia again and he wants us to make a go of things. It may seem like its too much, too soon but it really isn't like that. We didn't fall out over anything but my attitude.

I've worked hard to become more positive not for him but mainly for me and my mum who has cancer but is fighting it (go mama!). I'm also doing something (or trying to) about my weight and really want to make a change.

Anyway, he said we are long overdue for our wedding. I halted wedding preparations 2 Decembers ago because I didn't want to be overweight on my wedding day. He wants to get married on his grandparents wedding anniversary which falls in December and if things go ok between us, it'll probably be this December.

Soooo, I'm basically shocked, nervous, super excited and now have a real motivation to get the last couple of stones off. Technically I could do JUDDD but I really want to have my ideal wedding dress by September so I can spend the last 2 months on other stuff and not panic. So I've decided to keep my cambridge counsellor for my weekly therapy sessions and il pay her for that but il have my beloved slim and save packs which I love. I'm starting tomorrow (or today actually as its 1am in the morning). I hope that we manage to make a go of things. We'd been together since I was 16 and broke up when I was 30. We'd been pretty strong up until my late 20s when my weight gain got worse.

Our families are so happy and excited and our kids are going mad they're so excited that mum and dad are back and going to try and make it work. We've had the "no guarantees it'll work out" talk with them but don't think they care!! Bless them. This morning I didn't even want to see my ex cos I was so nervous but in just a day, we've managed to reunite our families and it just feels right.

Wow, that was a long post but I needed to get it off of my chest ;)

So, in a nutshell, il be doing slim and save until I lose enough weight to feel sexy in my wedding gown and beyond!

Love Sia
xxxxxxx

Skinny Sia said:
OK, this is going to sound mad but I'm probably getting married this December. It's a long story but think I should share.

You may remember me from slim and save, or Cambridge or even JUDDD. I started slim and save once, lost 2 stones, gained some back, tried slim and save again. Didn't work out as I was scared of my hair loss etc. then began eating with calorie counting and hair began growing back. I got tests done at belgravia and all came out normal and said it was cos of my vlcd. Then I went for Cambridge as I wanted a counsellor and I was lucky enough to have the most wonderful counsellor who is an actual therapist. But I hated the packs. Really couldn't take to them so I would have packs one day, normal food (fish, chicken and bread!) on others and think I was unintentionally doing JUDDD, the alternative day diet. I ended up losing 6lbs my first week and would've stuck to it cos it's soooooo easy BUT...

... I'm getting married and more than likely it will be this December. It's all a bit of a shock. My ex and I have always been friends but we broke up a couple of years ago because he couldn't take my negative self talk and lack of self esteem. I suffer from mild social anxiety so it's not like I'm a social butterfly anyway and he totally accepted that and loved me regardless. However, he just couldn't take my anger towards myself and constantly berating myself so after many arguments, he upped and left. We have children together so we talked now and again and have a laugh but I didn't see him often as he'd pick the kids up from school one week and drop them back there and I'd do the same the following week. We never ever had issues with co-parenting etc and just got on with it. He always said he'd want to give us another chance when he felt I started loving who I was. So.... Today I had to attend an event that he was at. I saw a woman by his side who I thought was his new girlfriend. Turns out she was his kid brothers girlfriend who had business connections with the event. Anyway, we spoke for ages at the event but I didn't ask him if she was his girlfriend until I got home and he called. He said it was like he was chatting to the old Sia again and he wants us to make a go of things. It may seem like its too much, too soon but it really isn't like that. We didn't fall out over anything but my attitude.

I've worked hard to become more positive not for him but mainly for me and my mum who has cancer but is fighting it (go mama!). I'm also doing something (or trying to) about my weight and really want to make a change.

Anyway, he said we are long overdue for our wedding. I halted wedding preparations 2 Decembers ago because I didn't want to be overweight on my wedding day. He wants to get married on his grandparents wedding anniversary which falls in December and if things go ok between us, it'll probably be this December.

Soooo, I'm basically shocked, nervous, super excited and now have a real motivation to get the last couple of stones off. Technically I could do JUDDD but I really want to have my ideal wedding dress by September so I can spend the last 2 months on other stuff and not panic. So I've decided to keep my cambridge counsellor for my weekly therapy sessions and il pay her for that but il have my beloved slim and save packs which I love. I'm starting tomorrow (or today actually as its 1am in the morning). I hope that we manage to make a go of things. We'd been together since I was 16 and broke up when I was 30. We'd been pretty strong up until my late 20s when my weight gain got worse.

Our families are so happy and excited and our kids are going mad they're so excited that mum and dad are back and going to try and make it work. We've had the "no guarantees it'll work out" talk with them but don't think they care!! Bless them. This morning I didn't even want to see my ex cos I was so nervous but in just a day, we've managed to reunite our families and it just feels right.

Wow, that was a long post but I needed to get it off of my chest ;)

So, in a nutshell, il be doing slim and save until I lose enough weight to feel sexy in my wedding gown and beyond!

Love Sia
xxxxxxx

Omg! Congratulations! That sounds awesome xx

Sent from Jo's iPhone using MiniMins

So happy for you hunny xxx (and selfishly pleased to have you back!!) Xx

Awwww such a lovely story! Congratulations! X x

That has made me smile sia x congratulations x

Thank u all! My internet stopped working midway through responding to u ladies so I'm using my BB which I hate using as its so slow and keeps freezing. I'll update as soon as my internets running again. Thanks a lot for ur support. Means so much to me xxxx

Hi... Internet is working now, phew! Thanks all so much for your support. Xx

Welshtigger said:
Omg! Congratulations! That sounds awesome xx

Sent from Jo's iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks hunny! Just had a quick read of yr stats for last month. Uv done brilliant! :D

*Shanny* said:
How lovely :) congratulations chick... Good luck I will be following you xx

Thanks for your support on all my diets! Much appreciated xx

RebekahR said:
So happy for you hunny xxx (and selfishly pleased to have you back!!) Xx

Thank u! I'm selfishly pleased to be back on the team Rebekah. Thanks for the love chica xxxxxx

LauraLooLa said:
Awwww such a lovely story! Congratulations! X x

Thanks Laura. So sweet! Xxx

Katierose said:
That has made me smile sia x congratulations x

Thanks Katie, you're doing so well too. Good luck for tomorrows weigh in xxx

Ok, just weighed myself and am actually 10.12 again. But it's coming up to my TOTM and I tend to gain before and during that so not too worried. Also, I had a mini celebration yesterday - ok, not quite so mini but it was fun. Today I've had a few cups of tea, my mac n cheese pack and will be taking my bar and caramel shake with me to my OHs mums place!!!

Have a good evening hunny, ill jump for joy when I'm that weight!! LOL

Relax water weight will shed off in no time Xx

Thanks Hun, I'm so hungry today but stuck to my bar and shake. Gonna have a huge cuppa now and put my feet up. OH is here and we gonna talk more later. Yikes.

:) weee, so happy you sound happy hun :) xxx

RebekahR said:
:) weee, so happy you sound happy hun :) xxx

Thank u sweetie. It's been a while since I felt like how I do now. Lol, I sound so lovey dovey - yuck!! Lol

I had a list of the reasons why I want to lose weight but couldn't find that list. Think I may have deleted it. I was looking online and found this link which was funny yet emotional to read. I'm going to compile a list which I feel are true for me and post that!

http://reasons-to-lose-weight.tumblr.com/

Off to the pub I go with my OH. I just called them and they said they don't do coke zero but they do fizzy water and so I will have that with ice and my wine flavouring. Yummmmm.

Hope u have a gd time at the pub x

Katierose said:
Hope u have a gd time at the pub x

Thanks Katie. I did have a nice time although I choked on my fizzy water because I was laughing so much! Embarrassing!

great story hun
good luck for that dream wedding dress xx

leedsforever said:
great story hun
good luck for that dream wedding dress xx

Thanks hun :D I've been looking at dresses and there are so many gorgeous ones out there. You've done amazingly well! Loved ur before and afters xx

Oo how exciting, I've seen the one I want... In a little boutique, lovely lace arms(need sleeves!)

Once I get my boobs done and get to a 6 we can set a date.. Yipeeee!

Xx

Back