SkinnyBabe's diary!

Hi!
So today I finished university for good, and I'd been telling myself I was doing on a proper diet and mean some serious business as soon as I'd finished - so here I am!!

I'm planning on doing this 5.2 I've been reading about, and then 1400 calories on the days I'm not ~ fasting~. I've got about 3 stone I'd love to lose and I'm looking forward to getting going with it!

Tomorrow is day 1, and after my breakfast of oats so simple I'm not sure what I'll have as I'm going back to my parents, but I'm certainly not going over 1400!

X

Thank you! I have yeah, such a good app!!

Well yesterday was my first day and it went well I had just under 1400 cals - I was thinking of putting my goal to 1200 but tbh I don't know whether I'd stick to it as much?

Not sure how I'll get on today - i stayed at my boyfriends parents last night and I never want to eat their food and he's not home from work till about 3, so today might unwittingly be my first fast day!

I ate a pear yesterday I was really proud of myself :p I also weighed myself first thing and I was 11st5lb. Not that I really believe if be able to, but if I lose a steady 2lbs a week I'd be 8st5lb by the end of September! That is some pretty good motivation!

Although I didn't exercise as such yesterday, I walked to my boyfriends house which is 4 miles away, and I'll probably walk back again today or tomorrow. I don't really count walking as exercise, but it's better than nothing!!!

Hey well done so far, do you not like fruit very much? Smoothies are a good way to get fruit if your not a fan. 4 miles is a good walk! i couldn't walk that far my legs are usually like jelly after the 1.5 mile walk i take my dog on lol can you not take your own food to your boyfriends parents house? You could make a chilli or Spag bol at home which is easy to stick in microwave so you can eat within your cals too then. As for lowering your cals that's up to you, personally i was always hungry on that amount so i now have 1500 which is much better, i never lost much on 1200 either i lose better when i eat a bit more! X

Last edited:
Hi Spudnik, smoothies are so good for getting the fruit in aren't they!!! I don't mind it...but I do have to force it down me!!! I don't really spend much time there thankfully so it's not too much of an issue :)

Ive not been too good at keeping this diary have I?! I've been doing alright anyway! Been having about 1500 cals which is probably too much for my weight, but at least I'm eating less!

I still haven't got round to starting 5:2 yet, which I said I would have done by now, so I might start tomorrow, seeing as though my only plans are going to the sunbed shop and reading Harry Potter!!! I'm not sure what/when I'll eat though? I might save it all till evening and have a big bowl of porridge or something filling like that? I've had a little look at the forum and people seem to be seeing some pretty good results!!! It also means having 1500 on the other days is fine :)

Hi, not sure what i would eat on a 5:2 diet, it is something like 500 cals a day on the fasting days? i would be tempted to have something like a cereal bar for breakfast they are around 85 cals, a tin of soup for lunch asda good for you thai chicken soup is lovely a full tin is only 130 cals, and prob fish fillet which are usually fairly low in cals and vegetables for my tea or tuna salad something like that, I wouldn't be able to go all day without eating i get bad headaches if i do that..

hope this week goes well :) x

Ive had an ok few days! Not brilliant...but I haven't gone crazy either! I'm going to weigh in Monday and see how the last week has gone! As long as I've lost 1lb I'll be happy! I've just been getting into the swing of 3 meals a day this week, because snacking is my real downfall.

I'm going to start noting down my food in here, I do use MFP but I'd like it all written down when I start taking it a bit more seriously!!!

I'm going back to my uni flat for a fortnight tomorrow as I'm doing work experience in a school - so I'm not sure what to buy food wise! I think I'll just have cereal first thing before I go, probably special k or something, then I think I'll make buttys to take? Say 300 for a ham sandwich, then I'll probably have a chocolate bar aswell taking me to 500. Dinner later on will probably be something along the lines of jacket potato and beans, jacket potato veg and gravy, pasta and pesto maybe? Then if I have a bit of fruit after each of these I should be on the right track!!!

Not sure what I'll eat today... For breakfast I'll have cereal and a pear, lunch, maybe a sandwich and an apple, then I think my mums making a roast dinner later! She's a lifelong dieter herself so nothing sheakes is ever tooooo bad, it'll be roast chicken, boiled veg, roast potatoes which are bad but whatever, and instant gravy!

My main downfall rid week has been biscuits when hollyoaks is on after my tea! I only have 3, so it's about 200cals worth, but it's still 200 cals I could do without in my life! I'm not sure whether to make a few changes throughout the day to fit them in, or just try to scrap them? It's a bit if a bad habit!!

X

Hello :) I really need a kick up the bum, I just can't stay motivated!!! I woke up this morning feeling really motivated; and although I've got obstacles ahead I just need to stop making excuses! The first obstacle is that me and my flatmate planned to have wine and snacks tonight which we've already bought, so I've just worked it into my calories for the day. The second one is that I'm meeting my boyfriend to go out for dinner tomorrow night. BUT, I think were going to Pizza Express, where I KNOW they do an under 500cal pizza, so there we go! I really need to stick to these calories, regarless!

Here's my plan for today:

B - 40g special K with SS Milk = 231 cals
L - Ham pitta bread with a pear = 260 cals
D - Chocolate Fudge Brownie, crisps, red wine = 850

= 1341

I know that my 'dinner' sounds terrible, but I just thought it was better than having a proper dinner, and then eating all of that on top (because I would, no matter how full I was...)?!

I'm going to try really hard this week though, and weigh in on Saturday morning! I think ill set my target at 1400 cals but only try to eat 1200, which will be easier through the week as I'm on placement, and then after that I think I'm going back to my Mum and Dad's, where I find it SO much easier to eat less!

I've been feeling really unmotivated this week, I had a little look in the Challenges section to see if theres anything I could join for a little bit of encouragement, but there wasn't anything really? So maybe I'll make one?? If anyone reads this, do they have any ideas?

Back