Skipping Meals

Does anyone else do this? And does it have a positive or negative effect overall?

Sometimes I just dont feel hungry and i'm not sure if its my own will power just taking over and telling me not to eat otherwise i wont lose anything. Being a nurse doesnt help either. Im forever on my feet and generally dont have time to eat whilst on shift so can often go 12-14 hours not having anything.

Take today for example, when I woke up I didnt feel hungry so just went out and about and went food shopping, picked myself up a few more tubs of slim fast shakes (reduced - only £4 atm in ASDA for those who use it). It is only now that Ive had a shake. I felt a bit sickly after the last bit went down, but managed it.

I guess what Im asking is, will the slim fast and xenical diet work if I only have say 1 shake and 1 meal a day, with perhaps a bit of fruit thrown in and water?

Thanks for listening to me rabbit on!

xx

You need to be eating 1200 calories a day really else weight loss slows up/stops. Trust me I tried it!!!!

I have herbalife shakes for breakfast and sometimes lunch plus a meal at tea time. Two meals a day is not going to keep your metabolism going very well.
Nutritionists say to eat 3 meals and 2 snacks a day. You have to keep your blood sugars on an even keel otherwise your body goes into starvation mode and stores far rather than burns fat.
So even if on one shake and one meal you take in the correct calories you're not doing your body any good. It needs to be spaced out.

Dies that make sense?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

No never force yourself to eat just get into the habit of having something for breakfast even if initially its more of a brunch thing and bring the time you eat earlier every couple of days until you're eating a proper breakfast

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I never used to have breakfast but now I can't imagine not, I would be starving which I guess is why I used to be on the bags of crisps by 10am!

Back