SKIPPING SHAKES

Jude1512

IT WILL BE THERE TOMORROW
Hi just wondering if you can skip a shake at any time. I'm finding that I usually dont want the evening one as my throat is already really furry from the other two and I just dont fancy it even if I am feeling hungry. Will it be bad for me if I dont take it?

No, you must never skip a shake! Although you might not feel hungry, you need the nutrients. If you miss a shake you may well stop losing weight or gain as your body will not be taking in enough energy to function with. Eating under 500 calories a day is drastic enough, hence controlled by pharmacy or doctors, to go below that is dangerous.
I'm sure someone who can explain the scientific stuff will be along to explain more clearly.
Perhaps try drinking shakes earlier in the day, or drinking some water,cleaning your teeth/ having a breath strip straight after.
Good luck

No, you must never skip a shake! Although you might not feel hungry, you need the nutrients. If you miss a shake you may well stop losing weight or gain as your body will not be taking in enough energy to function with. Eating under 500 calories a day is drastic enough, hence controlled by pharmacy or doctors, to go below that is dangerous.
I'm sure someone who can explain the scientific stuff will be along to explain more clearly.
Perhaps try drinking shakes earlier in the day, or drinking some water,cleaning your teeth/ having a breath strip straight after.
Good luck

Thanks again Nic, I actually remembered that I have to have that last shake anyway because I am taking the Champix tabs and need to have something in my stomach before I take to avoid the awful nausea, so no choice anyway. I'm currently drinking around 4 lts do you think that enough?

I drink around 3-4 litres a day, and it seems to be fine. My pharmacist is happy with it anyway! You're so brave stopping smoking and doing Lipotrim at the same time, it must be tough, yet you are doing fantastically well, a stone off in two weeks is brilliant!

I drink around 3-4 litres a day, and it seems to be fine. My pharmacist is happy with it anyway! You're so brave stopping smoking and doing Lipotrim at the same time, it must be tough, yet you are doing fantastically well, a stone off in two weeks is brilliant!

Thanks Nic, your not doing too bad yourself, almost 2 st in 3 wweks. :0clapper:Its really strange and it must be the Champix because the cigs have not been a problems, touch wood!! I only get craving a few times a day and they soon go. Considering I smoked around 20+ a day over 30 years bar 3, its weird. But I'm not complaining because if I was craving cigs as well, it would make everything so much more difficult and I would certainly have been more challenged. This site is also really helping keep on track. Keep up the good work.

Teapot on this forum sees the shakes as medicine now and so do I. I down them really quickly and remember to drink 250ml of water before and after each shake. It's tough but it does full you up. And might get that furry feeling away.

Teapot on this forum sees the shakes as medicine now and so do I. I down them really quickly and remember to drink 250ml of water before and after each shake. It's tough but it does full you up. And might get that furry feeling away.

Thanks Sam, got to get used to it, I've started putting more water in them so they dont taste so grainy.

Back