Skulldilocks Food diary

I don't really have any tips cos we're as bad! When I move upto my house I'll be able to see how good/bad I am at it. X

I don't really have any tips cos we're as bad! When I move upto my house I'll be able to see how good/bad I am at it. X

Its so hard isn't it!? Especially when using fresh veg. You don't want to buy a week's worth of say, salad leaves because they'll go off but then popping in to buy said leaves results in picking at anything on offer too! Well, I know I do! Been very bored at wok, so have written up a food plan for the rest of this week and ideas for next week, then working out the shopping list from that and have told the boy to think of something too! On his day's off he'll eat like 5 meals a day!

Its so hard isn't it!? Especially when using fresh veg. You don't want to buy a week's worth of say, salad leaves because they'll go off but then popping in to buy said leaves results in picking at anything on offer too! Well, I know I do! Been very bored at wok, so have written up a food plan for the rest of this week and ideas for next week, then working out the shopping list from that and have told the boy to think of something too! On his day's off he'll eat like 5 meals a day!
Yeah exactly. You can't really go the full week on veg you bought on Monday. I'm like you , I pick up all sorts when in the supermarket! They put them at the end of aisles too, right in your face so you just can't miss the offers x

Hi I no exactly where u r coming from. Both of us bring in a good wage but always seem to have no money. I do put some into savings but always end up dipping in to it. Plus I have 4 credit cards, a loan, 2 cars & a mortgage nvr mind the usual bills etc. have u tried using frozen veg? Some r ok when using in cooking wouldn't say for eating alone tho. I'm not as bad when OH us away working I can do a weekly shop for about £30.

Make a spreadsheet of monthly outgoings then u can see what u should have left & split this between savings & shops etc :)

Hi I no exactly where u r coming from. Both of us bring in a good wage but always seem to have no money. I do put some into savings but always end up dipping in to it. Plus I have 4 credit cards, a loan, 2 cars & a mortgage nvr mind the usual bills etc. have u tried using frozen veg? Some r ok when using in cooking wouldn't say for eating alone tho. I'm not as bad when OH us away working I can do a weekly shop for about £30.

Make a spreadsheet of monthly outgoings then u can see what u should have left & split this between savings & shops etc :)

Hey there, yeah I actually ended up doing the spreadsheet yesterday! haha. I've also now said that I'm going to collect all the receipts from shopping so we can see how many "pop in"s we do.
I use quite a bit of frozen veg such as onions, peppers, broccoli, green beans and spinach. I think the onions and peppers are great for when adding to a sauce but obviously when you're making roasted veg or something as a side you want bigger chunks so I end up buying fresh as well.:)

So last night I ended up having a Krispy Kreme for dinner. Don't ask, last night was a disaster and I'm still absolutely knackered. I have no idea how weigh in will go tomorrow, star week came last night and I'm so bloated and there have been a few cock ups this week that could cause a gain. Boooo
Guess what? Yet another gig tonight! In Brixton which is conveniently opposite a Nandos so that's dinner sorted. Was supposed to be making soup for lunch but had no time due to last night being a nightmare, so we'll have to grab something here. Here's a plan:

Tuesday EE day

Breakfast:

2x Alpen lights (HEX B)
Banana (SF)

Lunch:
Jacket potato
Cheese (HEX A)
Beans (SS)
Apple (SF/S)
Mullerlight

Dinner:
Butterly chicken (3.5)
Side salad (SF/S)
Halloumi (3)

Total syns: 6.5

Am I missing out? Nvr had a Krispy creme. Not even sure there is 1 near me!!!

Nandos is so expensive though!

Maybe the monthly shop is too.limiting- you can miss out on deals that way too... Me and my OH do a big shop every 10 days or so then dont buy anything else (except no freezer at the mo so occasional meat shop) but that way I can go to the reduced stuff and get meats that need cooking that day and cook them up to feed us for a couple of days really cheaply! Amazing what you can find in the reduced to clear sections sometimes... But also that way we can stock up as the deals are good and just not buy certain things that time if there isnt a deal on.

Realistically you cant expect a once a month shop to be enough as things like milk, salad, etc need to be replenished and fresh, but maybe part of your spreadsheet can factor in the fresh bi-monthly needs for a mini essentials shop? X

Another 2.5lbs on :( Totally lost the plot. almost a whole stone heavier than my lightest weigh back in May, absolutely devastating. I was so embarrassed I escaped image therapy. In my defence I went home to sort myself out - a large batch of soup was made, Tescos shop was bought and food plan has been set up. The boy did good and had made a lovely Quorn meatball pasta bake for tea. Thanks to Lily and Stevie for the heads up on how awesome they are!

Just going to try and get back on the wagon and see what happens. I don't have any positivity here I'm afraid. I told my C I wouldn't stay, and I warned her in advance and said next week I want to do fast forward.

Thursday EE Day:

Breakfast:

35g Porridge (HEX B)
1 tsp honey (1)
Tea with ss milk (0.5) and sweetener)

*Would normally have banana but still too green bleh*

Lunch:
Soup containing - Plum tomatoes (SF/S), Baked beans (SS), Pickled onions (SF/S), Carrots (SF/S)
Apple (SF/S)
Grapes (SF/S)
Ringos cheese n onion (3.5)
Blackcurrant and vanilla tea x2

Dinner:
Quorn meatballs
Pasta
Chopped toms (SF/S)
Onions (SF/S)
Mushrooms (SF/S)
Peppers (SF/S)
Jalapenos (SF/S)
30g grated cheddar (HEX A)
Gherkins (SF/S)
Options hot choc (2)
Graze apple and cinammon flapjacks (12!!)

Total syns: 20

Last edited:
Aw Lily, I'm sorry to hear that :(

You know where you went wrong though and you came home and got straight back into it - always the hardest step I think!!
All you can do is take it one mouthful, one meal and one day at a time.

Maybe you need something to motivate yourself... something simple like saying you will buy something each time you lose 1/2 stone (has to be something you really want though!!) or even writing down all the reasons you want to lose weight... how it makes you feel when you don't.... how it makes you feel when you do... then reading it every time you have a wobbly moment? xx

Aw Lily, I'm sorry to hear that :(

You know where you went wrong though and you came home and got straight back into it - always the hardest step I think!!
All you can do is take it one mouthful, one meal and one day at a time.

Maybe you need something to motivate yourself... something simple like saying you will buy something each time you lose 1/2 stone (has to be something you really want though!!) or even writing down all the reasons you want to lose weight... how it makes you feel when you don't.... how it makes you feel when you do... then reading it every time you have a wobbly moment? xx

Thanks for the support hun, I definitely need to think of something! I was originally, from the start, thinking a tattoo for every stone but money wouldn't allow it anyway. I think I just need to get out all my magazines and make a big scrapbook or something. I always read through the mags and I do use recipes but then I forget about the old mags. Plus, when we moved here I never got round to putting my certificates back up on the fridge, maybe little things like this will help.
Even though I'm out tomorrow night, I'm not going to let myself drink, I really need a big loss to get me back in the game. My boyfriend really hasn't been helping either and I'm such a dependent idiot haha! X

Well stuck to plan 100% yesterday so happy about that :) The Graze apple and cinnamon flapjacks are gorgeous and so worth the 6 syns! Anyway another hopefully successful day today. Off out tonight but can't afford to drink so saves me syns!

Friday EE day:

Breakfast:

35g porridge (HEX B)
1 tsp honey (1)
2x tea with ss milk (1) and sweetener

Lunch:
Chicken skewers (S) with onion (SF/S) and pepper (SF/S)
Jacket potato
Cheese (HEX A)
Beans (SS)
Apple (SF/S)
Grapes (SF)
Ringos (3.5)

Dinner:
Soup inc -
Tomatoes (SF/S)
Carrots (SF/S)
Pickled onion (SF/S)
Baked beans (SS)

Mullerlight toffee yog

Total syns: 4.5

Last edited:
Sounds like a good day. I am also too skint to drink so a sober(ish) weekend for me. May have a couple of drinks in the house but definitely won't be going over the top. We can do it xx

I am skint also and planning on having minimal alcohol - might go to a christmas market tomorrow but will try to behave myself - the bank balance should take care of that anyway!

Food looks good - love that porridge is now a daily occurence :) xx

Ahh, our Xmas market doesn't seem to have rolled into town yet, its normally pretty disappointing anyway. I want to go to Winter Wonderland but its just toooo expensive!
Yup, guess I should be thankful I am completely skint this weekend, means I have to eat what I have and behave! Can't even scav any money off the boyfriend as he's just as bad, he's having to use the "birthday celebration" excuse to get people to buy him drinks hahaha x

Just been told I'm getting paid today, as the boss is going away on holiday. Oh no hahaha!!!

Oh my god, just trying the Cherry and Cinnamon Twinings tea and it is amazing! Tastes so Christmassy and smells even nicer :D

Back