Sky +

IreneH

Gold Member
After years of thinking about it and doing nothing, this week I ordered a sky+ for my sky system. It has been fitted today and I am like a kid with a new toy. The skyman also fitted my new TV that I got from my Cat who won it in a competition.

So got 2 new toys and loving it.

Any tips for using the sky+ would be appreciated.

I know how to record things on today but how do I arrange to record things on next week?

Irene xx

Thanks Cat (kitteh)

I LOVE my Sky+ wouldnt be without it.

You can go through the On screen guide up to a week in advance and select things. To record in advance just highlight it and press the record button and that puts it in your planner. Or if its something you want to see every episode of put it in your planner & select 'Series Link' that'll record every episode for you.

One trick I didnt learn for ages, was for instance if you and someone else are watching a recorded programme & they have to go out or something if you press pause, then the red button it sets a bookmark so later if for instance they came back in & the programme was still in their planner they can forward directly to that point :)

Youll wish youd got it years ago ;)

Starlight explained it all but I just wanted to add that I love my Sky+. Can't live without it!

Although it does make me grumpy if the box sticks and a recording fails. Thankfully that is rare and I suppose my video recorder used to fail more often.

Have fun with your new toy!

Have had my first problem. Last night pressed to record and watched about 15 mins of it then switched TV off and went to bed. This morning found it hadn't recorded any more.

How do you get it to record when you are out or in bed?

Irene xx

Irene, make sure that the box is still switched on with the TV off and the red light is on for recording.

I love my sky plus, and have downloaded the natty little application so you can record a program via your mobile phone from anywhere in the world.

It looks exactly like the sky guide, and generally delivers the instruction back to your sky + box within 15-20 mins.

K xxx

what was my life before sky +, i just love it, although i record so much rubbish i end up deleting loads cos i need more room to record more rubbish lmao,

Back