Slaj's diary

Daughter just back from Alton towers, cold and soaked through to the skin, bless her! Fair play to Alton towers, gave everyone a free ticket to return as park closed early due to the appalling weather.
Vegetable curry and cauli rice for my tea tonight, can't get enough of the Kashmiri spices!:)

Daughter just back from Alton towers, cold and soaked through to the skin, bless her! Fair play to Alton towers, gave everyone a free ticket to return as park closed early due to the appalling weather.
Vegetable curry and cauli rice for my tea tonight, can't get enough of the Kashmiri spices!:)

Stick with me kiddo :D

Have a lovely din-dins and evening hun. having a film night with the little'uns, it's all transformers in our house these days.

Thanks Busy, heated cumin, mustard seed and Kashmiri spice in coconut oil, then added aubergine, courgette, spring onions and mushrooms and put some of the left over paneer in, when cooked added some double cream. It was gorgeous and warmed daughter up a treat. They are having chocolate pudding and custard and I am about to have whipped cream with handful of blueberries and strawberries , I don't even fancy the choc pudding! Who would believe it !! :)

Thanks Busy, heated cumin, mustard seed and Kashmiri spice in coconut oil, then added aubergine, courgette, spring onions and mushrooms and put some of the left over paneer in, when cooked added some double cream. It was gorgeous and warmed daughter up a treat. They are having chocolate pudding and custard and I am about to have whipped cream with handful of blueberries and strawberries , I don't even fancy the choc pudding! Who would believe it !! :)

:drool: Ok now youve got me going, that sounds lovely....where do you live again? lol. Try chicken wings mixed the K/spices a little lemon juice and salt, grill or bake untill cooked and garnish with s/fried spring onion and green chillies. My version of salt n pepper chicken wings from the chinese. And it's nice and quick.

Came across this the other day in my local health food shop - seems like a pretty low carb (1.9g per 100) coconut milk?

Kara Dairy Free | Home |

I bought some and will try it in a curry this week. Let me know if you know of one that's more l/c than that :)

Will do Susie x
Busy I do eat fish, I eat it a lot, I am loving this way of eating as it forces me to cook from fresh ingredients And experiment with new recipes :)

What's your favourite fish, hun? I'm allergic to shellfish and non white fish, but am conscious that I should be eating more of it - and preferably not in batter!

I know what you mean I love cooking, it's my thing so this diet is ideal. My mum taught me all the traditional stuff, it just went from there, been on courses to Thailand and Italy. Must say our traditional stuff is my fav. I love fish but perhaps I'll eat more on atkins. Bengali and Thai people cook the best fish dishes, there tiger prawns are gorgeous and gigantic.!

My favourite fish, now that's hard cos there aren't many I don't like! mahi mahi has to be an all time fav, very hard to get but they do have it in M&S, waitrose and morrisons from time To time, also love swordfish, monkfish, snapper( lots of bones though) sea bass, salmon, tuna, haddock, mackerel, tilapia, there are many more but these are the ones I eat fairly regularly. Have some lovely fish recipes if you need some new ideas xx

Thankyou. If you go into the asian butchers they have a large selection of exotic frozen probably worth a look.They fresh white masala fish already marinated that's quite nice. Hope you have a lovely day x:)

Morning Sandra... I must eat more fish - I tend to stick to salmon and some tuna cos they're easy and boneless! Lol

Have a good day xxx

Evening all, just in from work, shattered! Hope everyone is ok and I will catch up with everyone's diaries later x

Morning all, guess what? It's pouring with rain again! Can't believe it is May already!
B 2 quorn bacon slices and scrambled egg, nearly finished first litre of water
L tuna salad with mayo
T salmon fillet with cheesy Mayo topping with cabbage

Have a lovely day everyone, hope the weather is better where you are x

Morning Slaj, I also want to eat more fish. I love it but don't cook it that often.
have a great day x

Morning Sandra, i love fish too - and your list has reminded me of all the ones we dont eat regularly. Perhaps i should ask DH to head out to twickenham fishmonger - Sandy's is supposed to be the best fish in west london:D

Back