Slaj's diary

Evening all, thank you for all the kind words. Weighed myself this morning and pleased to say I lost the 2lb that I put on last weekend at the wedding,food today was:-
Flax porridge
Cheese salad
Spicy prawns with fried cabbage

Enjoy the weekend, lovely people :)

Hi Jane
I would season with sea salt ,black pepper and parsley and pan fry in butter, keep cheese sauce as a side as the fish flavour is very suble and will be lost if covered with cheese sauce, delicious! :)
I've had haddock with green beans cooked in butter , yummy ;)

slaj said:
Hi Jane
I would season with sea salt ,black pepper and parsley and pan fry in butter, keep cheese sauce as a side as the fish flavour is very suble and will be lost if covered with cheese sauce, delicious! :)
I've had haddock with green beans cooked in butter , yummy ;)

Hello lovely
They were 50% off as went out of date yesterday so I had to use them and only read this just now! I baked with the cheese sauce. Was totally delicious but I know what you mean about the fish being delicate so will try it your way next time. Still yum though!

Morning all
Went to a college open evening last night to find out about an introduction to teaching course, so fed up at work that I am thinking of a career change. Course looks very interesting and if I get accepted on the course and pass, it would allow me to teach my chosen subject in college. I need to give it some serious thought.
Foodwise started off well, omelette for breakfast, tuna salad for lunch, tea had a Birdseye baked to perfection fish meal( great when you are in a rush)
Then spoilt it all by eating a chocolate coconut macaroon and cinnamon & raisin bagel!! Why did I do that??
Have a good day all :)

slaj said:
Morning all
Went to a college open evening last night to find out about an introduction to teaching course, so fed up at work that I am thinking of a career change. Course looks very interesting and if I get accepted on the course and pass, it would allow me to teach my chosen subject in college. I need to give it some serious thought.
Foodwise started off well, omelette for breakfast, tuna salad for lunch, tea had a Birdseye baked to perfection fish meal( great when you are in a rush)
Then spoilt it all by eating a chocolate coconut macaroon and cinnamon & raisin bagel!! Why did I do that??
Have a good day all :)

Decided to weigh myself after last nights little feast and can't quite believe I am one pound down!!

Oooh teaching. Teaching (at uni) is one thing I've thought about, but I'd need to get my MA. Definitely worth checking out all your options.

Morning all
Day off today so i am off to german Market in Birmingham with friend, looking forward to sipping a mug of gluhwein and having a browse.
Breakfast , mushroom and cheese omelette

slaj said:
Morning all
Day off today so i am off to german Market in Birmingham with friend, looking forward to sipping a mug of gluhwein and having a browse.
Breakfast , mushroom and cheese omelette

Have a great time at the German market. Careful of the gluhwein as it usually has a lot of sugar in it!

Our town Christmas market is tomorrow. It will feel very Christmassy too as there's lots of snow and it's going to be -3'C tomorrow!

I made an amazing soup today - check out my diary for the recipe x

White rabbits! Can't believe it's 1st Dec today!
Had a lovely time at German Market, did have one mug of Gluhwein which was lovely( I know it was a bit naughty but had to be done!)
Flax porridge with soya milk this morning( have to say thanks to ML for introducing it to me, I love it!)
Have a great day all :)

Back