Slaj's diary

Hello all , hope everyone is well. I have been straying off plan a bit recently , afraid I am not very focussed at the minute so I am lying low, need to get myself back into gear !
Have a great day everyone xx

Hello all , hope everyone is well. I have been straying off plan a bit recently , afraid I am not very focussed at the minute so I am lying low, need to get myself back into gear !
Have a great day everyone xx

Hi Sandra, can definitely understand! Had a very off-plan weekend myself and am struggling to get back on it.

I'm blaming it on February - such a rubbish month. January is okay because we have New Year enthusiasm and the pleasant memories of Xmas. February is just so...blah. Nothing special happens, it's still winter, and it seems like a million years since it was last warm :(

Roll on March, I say...can't wait!

Hi all, thank you for your words of encouragement. I have decided to up the carbs and introduce more fruit , yogurt and a few higher carb veggies. I have been feeling fed up of my food as i seem to have been stuck in a rut eating the same things day in day out. Had some mango with yogurt today and it was gorgeous. Will see how I get on with some carrots tomorrow! :)

I know how you feel Sandra. I'm calorie counting and although can be a bit tedious I like everything I'm eating and not hungry. Good luck and mango sounds fab :)

I'm upping my carbs to about 40g too (30g technically as the rest come from meds). Only on days I feel I need it - so it basically means as much veg as I like. That's the plan anyway, in practice I haven't gone up to that yet. But it's nice having the option there if I need it.

I do think this is a spectacularly hard time of year to diet, I have to say. I seem to do best when it's warmer - April - October. The trouble is not wanting to undo hard work in the winter months!

Morning all, have increased my carbs quite significantly to about 80g - 100g and have lost 1lb , will see if this continues,or is just a fluke! I have enjoyed the variety of veg etc
Have a great day everyone, it's FRIDAY :)

I think if I remember rightly between 50g and 100g is the optimal weight loss carb target on grain free diets like primal - it could turn out to be a great fit for you.

That is great news Sandra! Well done on the 1 pound.

Now you must try the baked salmon with spicy mango salsa - one of my favourite meals of all!!

Jx

Oh I had forgotten about that Jane, must give it a try, is the mango salsa recipe in your diary?
When are you off to India? How exciting x

Oh you must try it :)

Spicy mango salsa
Chop up in to small chunks:
Half a cucumber
Half a large mango
Medium red onion
Large red chilli

Add juice from a lime and a large handful of freshly chopped coriander. Refrigerate for at least half an hour.

This is also delicious with cottage cheese.

For the salmon I just sprinkle with crushed fennel seeds and crushed chillies and back for 20 mins.

Yum!

Well done on the pound, Sandra!

80-100g carbs is about where I'm aiming at the moment (albeit missing on the high side sometimes :cool:) and it's a comfortable place for me. It does give you tremendous flexibility where veg is concerned - just be a bit cautious of the starchy ones when you first reintroduce them and I'm sure you'll be fine.:)

Back