Slaj's diary

Wow that bread looks fab. I didn't like mims the first time I tried them and I've never bothered since but you may have convinced me to give it another go x

Hi, mim looks great, I have to say I have never liked them but sometimes I use a mim receipe, but cook it in the oven. The texture is drier that way.

I always do mims in the microwave and then toast them, stops the "slimy" texture.
Really enjoying SB food and recipes in the SB Supercharged book made a lentil moussaka which was delicious , phase 1 allows a desert each day, e.g vanilla ricotta creme, Greek yogurt with nutty granola, ricotta cheesecake with lemon drizzle with pine nuts , yum yum ! :)

What's a mim? Looks like bread x

Lots of recipes for mims on the recipe thread, i think it stands for muffin in a minute, basically it is a mixture of flaxseed ( milled linseed) egg, bicarbonate of soda, can add cheese, herbs, bit of salt ( or can be sweet with artificial sweetener) cooked in microwave for a minute. This morning instead of making it in a mug I used a lunch box which is shaped like a sandwich. It came out just like a slice of bread and was wonderful with butter, cheese and tomato . Mims are very low carb and help when you fancy a slice of bread, the texture can be quite slimy so I always toast them when they come out of the microwave. Well worth trying! :)

Thanks Hun ill give it a try sounds nice x

Hi Sandra, glad you are enjoying your food:). I love moussaka and it makes a great meal for guests if you serve with a Greek salad - all minus the lentils in our case!

Hi all

Happy weekend ! Autumn is certainly here!
Food wise have been a bit up and down, weight seems to be staying the same at the moment. Lots of stress at work, the council has just announced 1000 jobs to go in next 18 months, people are being asked to consider voluntary redundancy, real dilemma ! Pleased to report I haven't been turning to food for comfort which I would have done in a previous life!
Hope everyone is well, will catch up with diaries this afternoon x

Hello all
Sorry I have been absent for a few days, work has been so stressful and I have really been struggling with food, not sure what diet I am following at the moment. Started to reintroduce pasta and rice, but I feel so bloated and lethargic!
I have my interview for my job end of October so feeling quite anxious, I need to try to stay positive and keep away from cakes and biscuits!

Oh all the very biggest hugs for October sweetie - it's not easy going for your own job!

Re biscuits, why not try making some almond flour ones, they aren't induction food but help me avoid the bad biscuits.

Hi Sandra, sorry to hear it's so stressful and hope all goes ok. Definitely worth having "legal" treats to help you stay true.

Personally i've never been able to add back grains - just make me feel too c***p so i'd rather not be bloated & uncomfortable. I can manage some potato if i'm feeling really adventurous but they have to be spectacularly good;)

Morning all
I'm afraid I've completely lost my way food wise, haven't got a clue what way of eating I am following. Think the stress of work has really got to me! My interview isn't until 23rd Oct, just wish I could get it over with.
Can someone give me a good talking to and a kick up the backside please! I know low carb is the best but not eating meat I do struggle . I end up being so fed up with eggs and fish!
Have a good day all.
Think I will have Greek yogurt with few nuts got breakfast and Greek salad got lunch.

Well got off to a good start, ditched the yogurt and had mushrooms cooked in a little olive oil with melted cheese . :)

Ah good on you - you know low carb is the answer chick. How did the rest of the day's eating go?

Morning all
Thanks waterworks, actually the day went well
Kept carbs to 17g and felt in control, went Asda shopping last night and have stocked up on food , enjoyed a creamy coffee which was bliss!! :)

Back