Slightly Obsessed

beaky31

Does anyone else weigh themselves on a daily basis? I`ve become slightly obsessed with jumping on the scales every morning this last week, i really dont want to but when i see the scales going down everyday it spurs me on. Should i get my partner to hide the scales until weigh day?

Haha. I try to avoid looking at the scales when it's not my weigh in day! Otherwise I'd be on there all the time. I like to see what I've lost after a week and I like the surprise I get! Sometimes to avoid it I walk straight to the kitchen and down some water and that deters me from jumping on the scales lol

I find it exciting especially in the first week to weigh first thing every morning as the weight comes off so quickly:)

If you feel they are causing you to obsess then it is best to put them away as that is not good.

I totally sympathise and I have a way of tricking myself believe it or not. When I get up and I really want to weigh myself but it's not WI day, I make sure that I have my usual pint of water first thing immediately coz that way you're going to be weighed down by the water and not tempted to actually go on the scales. Possibly a bit lame I know!! But it really works for me.
I find it either exhilarating or disheartening weighing every day coz you either have come down again or you haven't or only by very little. And it's easy to think you might have done something wrong if it's not the loss you expected and end up feeling bad or slightly negative for absolutely no reason. So if you can, I'd only weigh once or maybe twice a week.

I used to weigh myself every day too! I live with my parents so they were getting a bit suspicious and I ended up asking them to hide the scales haha

I have to confess that I still weigh myself daily, I just can't resist as they show in 0.2 lbs so even a little shows
It is something I try not to do but as soon as I wake up its on my mind, I have though accepted that I will not let it ruin my day if nothing shows as I know that if I am doing the plan correctly and it will work :)
That's progress for me as in the past I would loose the plot if the scales showed nothing lost.
Good luck with your willpower and send me some :)

I weigh every single day. I tried not to for a few days and couldn't manage it. I have a spreadsheet I use where I mark down my weight everyday, how much it's down (or up), my BMI etc and it works out my percentage lost, how much I've lost in total, how much I still have to go etc. And then on WI day I measure myself too. It's what keeps me going. Interestingly, every week I have at least 2 days, often more, where my scales dont move at all, or they go up by half or quarter lb, but by WI day I'm usually got a good overall weekly loss.

That has happened to me on 2 days so far out of my 11 weighs, it was stuck on same as day before And I have to ignore it and soldier on :)

I like the idea of drinking water to avoid the scales so I think I might try this as it would be nice on weigh in day to have a surprise!

i am a slave to the scales, it drives me mad cause my weight can vary by as much as 5lb up and down during the day. So i dont really take note of it just a fleeting glance then its Monday morning weigh in that counts.

Yep I try and drink before I weigh in but on average I weigh about 3 times a week atleast lol

I still havent got out of the habit of it still hopping on everyday so this morning i have taken the battery out of the scales and told my other half to hide it until next week if i do get on i wont see anything! lol

Haha that's a really good plan... Although he will use having that power to his advantage I bet haha

Back