Slim by summer and for good....

Breakfast - Porridge
Brunch - Truffa Bar
Lunch - Spicy Spag and green beans
Dinner - Cottage Pie and broccoli
Evening snack - sugar free jelly
Drinks - camomile tea and Ribena Plus
Water - around 3 litres

Better day today. Felt hungry this afternoon for a while but managed to busy myself so it passed. New stock coming tomorrow so I can broaden my horizons a little!

Woke up with a stinking cold this morning! Plus the headache is back! So dry at night even though I'm downing pints of water. keto strips showing 3.9 so theoretically im in ketosis....strange dreams a night?

Have worked out that my hunger peaks around 12 and subsides around 5. Maybe because of how early I get up. Been sparko on the sofa the last two nights before bed. Maybe I need to rethink the meal planner and times.

Breakfast - Porridge
Brunch - half a coconut/half a mint bar
Lunch - Spicy Spag and green beans
Dinner - Cottage Pie and broccoli
Evening snack - sugar free jelly
Drinks - camomile tea, Ribena Plus, S&S white wine and lemon spritz
Water - around 3 litres

Tough day today. Full of cold, headache and then a raging hunger this afternoon. Tried a few new things. Mint and coconut bars, both lovely. Water flavourings, unsure. The lemon one tasted like cystitis relief sachets and the white wine tasted strangely like Midori liqueur. Won't be ordering again.

Ah it sucks to get ill when on this, but seems like you're heading into ketosis which is fantastic. And you're powering through the hunger too.
Like I said before, it's hour by hour and day by day. Each hour you get past is soon another day ticked off.

Are you happy to try caffeine yet... Because coke zero, coke zero cherry and Dr pepper zero are allowed - I used to have one can in the afternoon as my treat - as its fizzy it kinda fills a hole too. Maybe that might help with the 12-5 hunger? Xx

Thanks Sammy, I'm avoiding caffeine as I have pcos and I've recently found out it can make the symptoms worse, including the insulin resistance. Might reintroduce one caffeine drink a day though. Took a sneaky jump on the scales again and i'm down another 2lbs. Can't believe it. I hoped for 6 lbs this week and I'm already there. I suppose what you go through on a VCLD you need big results to keep you going. Feeling crap still though, hoping it might dull my appetite haha!!!

Breakfast - chocolate shake
Brunch - half a coconut/half a mint bar
Lunch - Spicy Spag with peppers and Broccoli
Dinner - Chilli and Cauliflower
Drinks - peppermint tea, Ribena Plus, S&S orange flavouring
Water - 3 litres

Good day today, didn't really feel too hungry so hopefully that means I'm into ketosis. Still under the weather and poorly though.

Tried some new things. Not fussed on the shake. Meals were really nice, chilli was really tasty. Orange flavour is the best so far but will probably stick with Ribena in the future.

Didn't update yesterday. Had a day out.

Breakfast - Truffa bar, split into two over the morning
Lunch - Chilli and Cauliflower
Afternoon Snack - Half a bar (naughty)
Dinner - Cottage Pie Green Beans
Evening snack - half a bar
Drinks - peppermint tea, Ribena Plus, S&S orange flavouring
Water - 3 litres

Felt I needed two bars today as we were out for a few hours and I don't fancy the shakes. I wish there was more options for a meal on the go with this diet. Anyway, it played on my mind as it's not recommended so I did a live chat with S&S and they said the reason is purely because we don't live on chocolate bars once the diet is over. This is fair enough, but my problem is not that I don't know how to eat healthy, I do I just need to drop the weight first. So when I need to I will be having an extra cheeky bar if I'm on the go, to keep me from dropping. I just needed to know it wasn't going to kick me out of ketosis.

Breakfast - White Chocolate and lemon bar split into two over the morning
Lunch - Spicy spaghetti and broccoli
Afternoon Snack - Porridge
Dinner - Cookies and Cream Shake
Drinks - peppermint tea, S&S orange flavouring
Water - 3 litres

Good day, feeling better after a marathon sleep. Bit hungry in the afternoon but it passed at about 3 and I only had the shake to complete my packs. It was lovely though! The lemon bar was nice too, will order some more of them.

Weigh in for the first week tomorrow....EEK!

Good luck for the first weigh in! You've done fab xxx

So, the first result is in.........

7.6lbs off and 8.6 inches off around the body :D

Really chuffed with this as I was eating healthy in the 6 weeks leading up to starting Slim & Save so I wasn't expecting massive numbers but WOW. It took me 6 weeks at WW to lose this kind of weight and looking back, even though it's been a tough week it's been within my capability. I'm really chuffed, also means I'm back in the overweight not obese category and the 13's are in sight for next week.

Lets do this!

Breakfast - White Chocolate and Raspberry shake
Mid morning - half a truffa bar
Lunch - Spicy Spaghetti
Mid Afternoon - half a truffa bar
Dinner - Chilli and Cauliflower
Water - around 3 litres

Great day. Felt really motivated after weigh in, no more cold and got loads done round the house. Didn't feel hungry at all today which is great. Amazed how clear my head is without caffeine, I do miss tea and coffee but I realise now I don't need it.

Woo Hoo! I would say you are definitely on the Ketosis train!! That's great. It's still hard and you have to push yourself to make the right choices each day, but with the clarity ketosis gives you this shouldn't be too bad now!!
Great weight loss!! You'll find that you have big weeks then steady weeks and sometimes staying the same weeks, then a sudden big whoosh every so often. But keep on chugging along because it's all down down down!!
Glad you're feeling better too as it makes this diet s tad easier when you're firing on all cylinders!!
If caffeines a no go then maybe sparkling water - can always add a dash of flavouring or Ribena.
When you get the chance you should try making pancakes out of the porridge packs!! That was my turning point for me!! :)
Good luck with this week xxxxx

Thanks Sammy I will, and the cookies are nice too if you get them right I've read. A lady on the S&S forum who does the blog made swede crisps. Gonna try the too thought they might be nice with the Chilli pack. Have a good week x

Mid morning - Banoffee Porridge
Lunch - Cottage Pie and Broccili
Mid Afternoon - half a truffa bar
Dinner - Mild Curry and mashed Bombay swede
Evening Snack - half a bar
Water - around 3 litres

Another non hungry day yay! Didn't eat breakfast till around 10 which is good going as I'm up and about at 6 with the kids. Tried Banoffee Porridge, nice and sweet which is strangely what I'm preferring on this diet. The Mild Curry was really nice, cooked up some swede Bombay style to go with it and it was a really nice meal. As swede is so low I might add some peppers and mushrooms to the curry next time. Ordering some more stock soon, need to try more packs.

Sounds like a brilliant day. As soon as I saw 'mid morning' I thought yeah, she's in ketosis alright!!!!! :)

Glad you're enjoying the meals you're creating too!! Yes I forgot about the cookies. My fave was the caramel shake turned into a cookie. That with a cuppa was yum.

You'll probably find your taste buds go a bit squiffy and change through this diet. You'll be loving one pack for a month and then probably not stomach it again for a few months!! Ha ha. All part of the craziness. But hey we don't care do we-as long as the scales keep moving down!!!

Good luck today. Here's to another 100% day chick!

Xx

Sounds like a brilliant day. As soon as I saw 'mid morning' I thought yeah, she's in ketosis alright!!!!! :)

Glad you're enjoying the meals you're creating too!! Yes I forgot about the cookies. My fave was the caramel shake turned into a cookie. That with a cuppa was yum.

You'll probably find your taste buds go a bit squiffy and change through this diet. You'll be loving one pack for a month and then probably not stomach it again for a few months!! Ha ha. All part of the craziness. But hey we don't care do we-as long as the scales keep moving down!!!

Good luck today. Here's to another 100% day chick!

Xx

Thanks for the continued support Sammy. Can I ask, what do you do to maintain your weight loss? Since we all know that's the hardest part.

I actually started running... Something I never ever imagined I would do!!
Once I was let loose on food again, I did the 'couch to 5k' app on my phone that eases you in slowly. Sometimes I just did it round the house or the garden as its only for a minute at a time at the beginning.
Have had a few hiccups, injuries and bad days of running, but in general I really enjoy it and look forward to it. I only get to go twice a week when my LO's in nursery so I make sure I definitely do it on those days. I can manage 5k most of the time. Before Christmas I was up to 12k!!! Shows what can be done - I am honestly not a sporty person, nor have I ever been before!! I was poorly for a bit so lost my super power(!!) But carried on eating and the weights creeping up. Am trying to find a time to rein it in and curb it a bit.

My brain is still zero willpower though. Unfortunately although I can make good decisions I do still have bad habits and lots of naughty tendencies :/

Xx

Thanks Sammy, I'ts hard finding the time to fit in exercise around children isn't it? I'm not sporty either, I do like weight training though and my oh is a weight lifter so may start that again and try and stay low carb.

Back