Slim down before the end of Uni

sophie1

Hi,

I have been calorie counting sticking to around 1500 a day for the past few weeks and have lost 6lb, so im now 16st. I would love to be 9 stone which was my pre-college/uni weight. It would be great to achieve this by the end of uni which is 7 months away! I can imagine this will be near impossible but im going to give it my best shot!

I have been struggling with calorie counting especially at uni, as soon as it is a night out I end up ruining my diet day even when sticking to vodka and diet coke. I figured the updd diet would work better as i can have my updays the days i am going out and then a down day when I not!

Today i had the dentist, and had to have a couple of fillings so luckily i wont be eating much! Im going to try and stick to 500 on my down days!

Welcome to the best diet there is :)

Good luck post often and you will get lots of support here it is a great board.

Hope the dentist is not too painful. Soup is a great dd food I make my own but people love the skinny soups you can buy or ww soups.

Teresa

Thanks Teresa, I have just stocked up on a lot of soup in preparation!
I have worked out to be at my goal for the end of uni I need to lose 3 pounds a week, which sounds impossible! Hopefully if i try and get in as much exercise as possible I will get close.

It is good to have goals but be careful you don't set yourself up failure as on anything but a VLCD 3 pounds every week is quite ambitious. Would hate for you to be disheartened if you don't acheive those goals.

Even at 1 to 2 pounds a week you would be closer to where you want to be by the time you leave uni .

Good luck your first few weeks on Judddd (or sticking to any diet) can be very good losses to get you off to a crackign start before christmas

As Derbynanny says, be a bit careful about setting tough weekly targets, as you will get disheartened if you miss them. You will see a steady weightloss if you stick with this, but its not always rapid, it's more a way of life than a quick fix. But remember that you will feel fabulous well before you get to your pre-college weight!

well done for trying to get things under control while still at uni. I went up a couple of stone at uni and it never came off....wish I'd done what you're doing!

good luck and keep posting

Thank you everyone for your encouragement! I know my targets are ambitious but I will be happy with a 2lb a weel weight loss. It is just nice to see that it could be possible to be 10st for the end of uni, even if it is a slim chance. I forgot yesterday was my friends brithday so I was good all day and ended up going out for a chinese, so today I am going to have a down day.

I am in the library all day as I have a huge assignment in tomorrow so i have brought myself 5, 100 calorie ish snacks to have spaced out throughout the day:
yogurt
banana
2xgraze boxes
a packet of oddities

Hopefully if i have one every 2 hours and drink lots of water it will get be through!

Well done everyone on your weight loss so far.

Hi Sophie welcome to the forum. Its very friendly here :) Good luck with the fasting, which version are you following? some on here are doing strict JUDDD and some are doing other versions such as 5:2 (like me :)). Calorie counting really does suck and I'm happy to have left it behind, I can manage it for 2 days a week on my dd but no more!

Good luck X

Thank you Louise, well done on your weight loss so far! I am trying to do alternate days, im quite bad at staying on track with diets, so i figured if i have a bad day and the next day is a dd it should help! Good Luck!

Hi everyone, havent been able to JUDDD properly for the past few days because it has ended up being a busy week since Thursday. I had the uni ball on friday which started at 2 in the afternoon and went on till 4 in the morning and then my friends came up saturday afternoon and we ended up all going out.... today was recovering!

I have tried to be good with eating but I have had a lot of drink! Tomorrow is my first weigh in so hoping for a sts as I have been so bad! Im determined to stay on track now as I feel so rubbish after the past few days drinking, need to eat healthily for a few days haha! Hope everyone is doing well!

Just weighed in and it was 15 st 13.5lb, not great but still 1.5lb off and at least im back in the 15's. I am going to aim to be really good this week and get another couple off. I do have my sisters 18th at the weekend but hopefully if i stick to water it wont be too bad haha!

Well done! It's not an easy time of year to be trying to introduce a new way of eating, so you've done really well! Better than just thinking 'I'll diet after Christmas' then having to deal with the extra half stone it's so easy to put on....
good luck for this week

Back