Slim Fast Beforehand

Davey1984

Hi all,

I have my taster session on Sunday with the counsellor and I have pre-booked the appointment with my doctor for 23/01/2012 so I am looking to start LL (if all being well) at the end of January.

Do u think I should follow Slim Fast or something beforehand to gradually get my body used to the plan rather than diving in at the deep end and experiencing all the bad side effects or would this hinder my weight loss when I start LL?

I so badly need to see quick results but worried that if I start something before LL the results will be small?

Any advice?

I didn't do anything much before starting, except started getting used to tea without milk and cutting down a bit on carbs.
I wouldn't do slimfast, looked at the ingredients years ago and it wasn't a proper nutritional meal replacement like LL.

Yeh I read that SF is really high in sugar so prob best avoid that! I just cut down on bread & pasta and high carb foods before I started and tried to have more chicken n veg etc x

I only had a week to wait before I started. I cut down sweet things, and probably halved my potato/bread/pasta/rice. Nothing too drastic, I didn't want to feel deprived the week before starting cause that first week is easier if you aren't thinking about food.

Okay, so glad i asked now! I want to make this work! I'm determined! I have 6 stone to lose and I will get there with LL! I'm sure of it!

Did any of you suffer with the bad breath?

When I first went into ketosis my mouth felt fuzzy. Drinking water and brushing teeth helped and did have an allowed breath spray for work just in case. But after about 3 weeks didn't have to worry about it.

hi as everyones different (well done mimz pointing out the obvious!!!) i didnt cut anything out and ate soooo much before i started that i gained 6lbs in 3weeks!!! i didnt have any probs with ketosis no headaches etc, but its worth cutting carbs and upping the water as peeps above have said! the breath spray you can use is retardex i think its called, i just buy one a cheap one from asda where the toothpastes are, anyhooo well done for taking steps to a new you and good luck with your first week!

breath spray that is sugarless and no citric acid

Thank u all so much!

I will look out for some breath spray that's sugarless and has no citric acid!

So excited now - how r u all doing on the programme?

Hey dave - I was like you and desperate to get started. So I did a few days of Exante before i started at LL. it is an online meal replacement company. Similar calories and nutritional breakdown to LL but no counselling.

So I lost a few pounds before I started. So this meant that my first week's weightloss was smaller than might have been expected, but the transition was a breeze.

I wanted to do that because i felt worried that i would have a blow out and be in an even worse position. I just wanted the weight off ASAP and really hated the thought of having to leave it, even for a few days.

I say strike while the iron is hot and while you motivation is high.

Hello, the breath spray i know your allowed to have is called "retardant" or something like that lol. It takes about 3 days to go into ketosis, normally you wake up on the 3rd day and u realise, headaches etc are to be expected whilst ur body is going into ketosis, due to carb withdrawles, hunger etc but a couple of paracetomol will help. And the reason your breath smells when in ketosis is because your body has to find a way to excrete the keytones, this is done through urine (hence why we pee on a stick) and through ur breath, its not to bad though, i think brushing ur teeth morning and night helps, and drinking water to x

Thank you all so much for your help ad advice on this.

I am so looking forward to starting now, bit nervous and apprehensive but really excited.

Do any of you regret following LL? x

Davey1984 said:
Thank you all so much for your help ad advice on this.

I am so looking forward to starting now, bit nervous and apprehensive but really excited.

Do any of you regret following LL? x

Hi Davey,
I don't regret doing LL at all as you can see!:):)

I used 'spot' breath freshener,you can still get it online.

Good luck when you start your journey,it will so be worth it!!:)
Sexy xx

Hi,
My only regret is that I didn't know about LL this time last year, and start it earlier. I was invited to a wedding last august and didn't go cause I knew I'd be the biggest person there. Now I'm hoping to be invited to events when I'm at goal so I can dress up and have fun.

Back