Slim for September!

Jennykndy

I've been messing around doing atkins since November but kept losing/gaining the same few pounds due to days off and LOTS of wine!

So I've got and read several of the atkins books, have been a serial lurker here for AGES and have stopped the wine (still have vodka and pepsi max twice a week because I like to join hubby for a drink and my kids occasionally drive me crazy ;)).

Me and hubby are going to Spain in September for his brothers wedding so I really want to finally do this by then! I already have the mindset just need the rest to follow now!

I don't know if I'll remember to write everyday but thought a diary could help if/when I encounter stalls or identify what helps me lose best. So far I've been on induction for nearly two weeks and have lost 6lbs.

Feel free to write whatever and suggestions are always welcome!:)

Welcome Jenny and well done on the 6lbs lost... Great start!! Post often and get to know us... I love this forum - it helps to keep me sane(?) and focused xx

Thanks :) I must admit this forum has been a life saver in the recipe and MIM ideas. I lost about 2 stone on atkins after I had my first son 9 years ago and I think I got bored as I was eating eggs, chicken, cheese and bacon with a few greens chucked in. Looking back now it's mental I stayed long enough to lose anything!

Trying to read everyones diaries - so confusing, it's so much easier being a lurker!

Im going to start with yesterday

B - coffee n cream, ryvita + cheese with butter

L - curry powder with chicken and mayo, baked aubergine

D - chicken (again) mixed steam veg

W - Loads, about 8 pints I think

A - yes, too much (vodka + pepsi max) but first and only drink of the week.

Today Ive already had a MIM and cheese and two coffees - shall get guzzling water and eating veg later.

On the plus side I weighed myself this morning and am back in the 12s!!! Goodbye 13 I shall never see you again!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had a lovely day today, took my youngest to the beach and then picked up oldest from a party. They both had ice - creams while I guzzled the water!!! Lucky me lol

B - MIM toasted with cheese

L - chicken, curry powder + mayo with round lettuce

D - The AMAZING pizza-from-chicken creation with garlic puree and cheese with Round lettuce

W - Not enough but am working on it this evening

A - Not tonight

The pizza usually fills me up nicely and I don't tend to snack when I have it for dinner.

Hi Jenny:). Welcome, well done so far and keep posting:D

Hi Jenny and welcome love, are those ryvita's legal then?

Hi katie, thanks :)

Hiya Jim, I hope so! I get the sesame ones which work out around 4 net carbs, when I did atkins a few years ago I swore by them as a "crunch fix". Are they not legal then?

Today

B - Ryvita, mayo, beef

L - babybel, pork scratchings (not the best lunch but been on the go all day.

D - crustless bacon and leek quiche

A - possibly later as hubbys day off (I know, tut tut)

W - working on it, so far about 3 pints

Hi Jenny,

im on my 11th day (i think) of induction . . . finding it easy! i was doing Slim Fast and a VLCD beforehand so eating to me is just amazing!! lol

will be keeping an eye on your diary! looks like you have good meal ideas ;) xxxx

Thanks emma - my amazing meals, you mean the vodka and pepsi max haha.

I tried slimfast and lasted a day - I still have two tins in the cupboard! I don't know why I drifted from atkins in the first place tbh!

haha yep the vodka and coke ;)!

i know, now im on Atkins and i feel amazing, not bloated, feel really healthy too. i think why the hell did i drink all of those horrid shakes! and then even to go on a VLCD honestly what was i thinking!!! just glad i only wasted 7 weeks of misery rather than longer! lol

Atkins is the way forward and to me isnt a faddy diet! it works and can easily be a lifestyle!!

xxxx

Ok today

B - leftover quiche from yesterday

L - chicken, mayo, tikka seasoning on a savory MIM

D - aubergine, leek, cabbage and mince fried in olive oil

A - not tonight

W - Lots and lots

2 coffees with a dash of cream and 1 sweetner, one glass pepsi max with my lunch - trying to cut down on the sf drinks but I find they give me a sweet taste if I want one

Morning Jenny, I thought they were quite carby see:

TYPICAL VALUES PER SLICE (APPROX 10G) PER 100G
Energy (KJ) 148kJ 1477kJ
Energy (Kcal) 35kcal 350kcal
Protein 0.9g 8.5g
Carbohydrate 6.7g 66.9g
Carbohydrate (of which sugars) 0.3g 2.9g
Fat 0.2g 1.7g
Fat (of which saturates) Trace 0.3g

Morning Jim - yeah the original ones and most of the others are but the sesame ones work out at 4.8 which I don't mind using a quarter of the allowance on :)

Today

B - mim, 2 beef slices, butter, mayo + coffee n cream

L - 3 egg mayo salad, round lettuce leaves

D - leek, bacon, aubergine, chicken all stir fried in olive oil - yummers

A - nope

W - lots so far around 5 pints!

If Im hungry later Ive got a few cheesy things to snack on and some pork scratchings - although Im going off them pretty quick! I wish discos were carb free, I actually could live on them! Cant complain when I have all these yummy things to eat though.

I had my first grrrr moment though - I have a husband and two children who eat crap, lots of crap, so its always in the cupboards (they have meals but obvs I get packed lunch stuff and nice snacks for them) anyway rolos were on offer 4 for a quid so I got them some and fr some reason the rolos have really gotten to me.
Its soooo bizzare they werent even my favourite sweet and weve had loads of other stuff in the house since Ive been on atkins that I cant have. Im not even tempted to eat them theyre just...bothering me LOL, anyway they are being fed to the boys after dinner phew!

Morning Jenny, hope you resisted the rolo's. Ah, I see you were adding in the carbs for the ryvita, that's OK then. :)

Morning!

Yes I resisted, had a coffee with cream instead while watching masterchef - food torture!

Hubbys day off today so hopefully a nice day out. Im taking a packed lunch with me and have also decided to cut out the pepsi max during the week so will grab a bottle of water.

Its bloomin foggy here so not sure which way the weather will go yet - Im hoping sunny and warm and a day on the beach!

Have a good day xx

TOTAL IDIOT ALERT

Mrs "I know how to do atkins" has been deducting fibre from carbs, SH%T.

So my leeks and aubergines and MIMs are probably going to mess up my WI this week.

Arghhhh oh well at least I know now eh?

Today

B - 3 egg mayo, round lettuce

L - 2 sausages 0.8c and 2 bacon 0.0c

D - 2 leeks, 100g aubergine, 2 bacon, 50g chicken in olive oil - probably 20 carbs all on its own bleurrghh but at least I know now!

A - nope

W - working on it, a few pints so far

Well had a nice early start today 3am - my 3 yr old being sick :(. We had a letter home from 9yr olds school saying about a bug going round yesterday (3 yr old goes to playschool there) and low and behold I have a poorly little man.

So today Im guzzling water and going to try the meat and eggs thing mrs S has been doing to counteract the extra carbs I must have been having due to deducting fibre (duh)

Morning Jenny,

Leeks aren't that bad really :)

Back