Slim friends

katbls9

Is it just me or do are slim friends just NOT get the rules of dieting...fullstop lol
I went out yesterday and for the 1000th
time 1 of my friends said the phrase i hear so often " a few drinks wont hurt, just start again tomoz"
Anybody else's friends so ignorant about dieting????

lol yeh my mum is just like that, i was with her the other day at lunch time and she said 'oh god claire one sandwich wont hurt you' :D duuuuhh! x

I'm not on LT but my friends keep trying to give me sweets and bites of cake etc .
When i keep refusing they say exactly the same thing "It's only one sweet"
Not for me it isn't!! grrr
Sorry :D that sounded so angry i'm a happr person really
Daisy x

I am so glad its just not my friends lol
i love them but just abit more consideration lol....its all about willpower!!!! x

i think naturally slim people dont understand how hard it is for us who struggle with our weight :) but not only will we be lovely and slimmer at the end of our journeys but we'll prob be a lot healthier than our slim friends as we'll have learnt a much better approach to food...and drink...ok well maybe not drink hehe :D

friends/family

Im lucky as i have a friend doind the same diet and my mum knows a man who has completed the lipotrim diet and lost 6 stone so they arnt to bad! The rest do not get it though i feel like a science teacher constantly explaining ketosis!:sigh:

I think we've all encountered friends like these. You do learn to deal with it but it can be sooooo annoying, try and let it go over your head and stick to your guns cos sometimes friends secretly want you to fail. But no, you are not going to fail cos we wont let you, good luck we're all behind you all the way.xx

just chin em, job done x lol x

Ive only told my housemates and 2 other friends and they have been really good... one of my housemates was i bit suspicious of Lipotrim when I told her so she had to check it over before hehe but no, they are all being very good.... when my other housemate is cooking and i walk in shes like.. "dont look, then you wont want food" funny the first time.. but after the 10th time its getting a little tiring!

just chin em, job done x lol x

Haha!! Really feel like doing that sometimes!! And i agree with Fi, i think they want you to fail!

When i told one of my mates i was doing it, her response was 'not another fad!' which really p***ed me off! And made me more determined to do it. I also went out to town last weekend and before i was going i was really thinking of having 1 drink but decided against it before i got there and told them all this. They were still trying to make me have one and all offering to buy me em. They wouldn't have if i wasn't on LT!!

At the end of the day, everybody has there insecurities, even our thin friends..... they just dont get this diet cause not eating is so drastic but if they took the time to read up on it they would understand xx

Katbls9,
Oh my god, 1st 3 lb on your first weigh in, congratulations, thats amazing.

Katbls9,
Oh my god, 1st 3 lb on your first weigh in, congratulations, thats amazing.

I second that!

But my family are all natural twigs! Huge appetites and tiny (like borderline underweight). My sis in particular will sit there eating a large bar of choc with a cup of tea, telling me how much weight more I would put on if I ate this!!!!! This used to go on all day. Until one day after a lifetime of it, I took a leaf out of fattothin's book and politely asked if she wanted the said bar of choc shoved down her throat.

Never had problem again.

Same sister bakes a lot. She would bake for family occasions and then when everyone was sitting having tea, she would hand out cakes to everyone and then loudly say "Well you can't have any of these they are very rich and you'll be like an elephant". God aren't family great???

Lol nevermind friends try my oh!! He puts whole milk in my tea!!Argh!! xx

I second that!

But my family are all natural twigs! Huge appetites and tiny (like borderline underweight). My sis in particular will sit there eating a large bar of choc with a cup of tea, telling me how much weight more I would put on if I ate this!!!!! This used to go on all day. Until one day after a lifetime of it, I took a leaf out of fattothin's book and politely asked if she wanted the said bar of choc shoved down her throat.

Never had problem again.

Same sister bakes a lot. She would bake for family occasions and then when everyone was sitting having tea, she would hand out cakes to everyone and then loudly say "Well you can't have any of these they are very rich and you'll be like an elephant". God aren't family great???

LOL my mum lost her job a year or so ago and she lost over a stone with stress she wasnt exactly big before but she feels the need to keep telling me how little shes eaten and how shes never hungry! Which when ur sat with a shake and they are all eating pizza makes me want to slap her! She thinks she now has the authority on diets and shes clueless! Some people just dont understand how hard it is Ive just got my other half to take a photo of me in my underwear (not a pretty pic) so i can compare in a couple of weeks :sigh:

Just use their remarks and offering (that you refuse) to make you more determind... It'll be their turn one day...when mid life spread or a similar things comes ....they will balloon and then they will be asking you to remind them how you did it xxxxx

Just use their remarks and offering (that you refuse) to make you more determind... It'll be their turn one day...when mid life spread or a similar things comes ....they will balloon and then they will be asking you to remind them how you did it xxxxx
good advice nic xx

Evil arent i lol

Thanks for the advice all, you people are just fab!!!! xx

Back