Slim, Save and Writing About It

Bananas

Gold Member
Hi Everyone

I have been following Slim and Save for about a week now and would like somewhere to record my thoughts, progress and pass the time!

Having done CD and Exante in the past I am here to lose the festive bulge plus finally get rid of that last stone thats been lingering. I always say I'll lose the last bit with healthy eating/calorie counting etc but it never quite works out...

SnS foodpacks are luxury compared to the others I have tried. The meals are actually tasty and enjoyable :eek:, no more having to force that disgusting soup down trying not to wretch.

Thoughts so far:

Choc Shake - Taken as a hot drink, lovely and chocolaty without that weird aftertaste from other vlcds

Banana Shake - Hmmm not so great, a very strong chemically taste to it, I think I will use more water next time though

Choc Truffa Bar - Delicious, very moreish, therefore only ordered 2

Lemon and Yoghurt Bar - As above

Cottage Pie - Lovely comfort food, yes a bit bland but I like thing a bit plain, jazzed up with some veg

SpagBol - Actually very pleasant, who would have thought it was a vlcd? Mushrooms added

Chili - Nicely spiced, tasty :)

I feel having the meals with veggies makes the diet sooo much easier to stick to than just 3 shakes a day, I dont feel like I'm depriving myself so much :).

Off to drink some water :rolleyes: and have a read of the other posts, Wish you all luck with your journeys x

And good luck to you too x

Good luck! I'm suprised how nice it all is too, I've never tried a VLCD before but was expecting to see it as 'medicine' to just try and get down. But I look forward to what I'm eating!

Hi! Good luck to you too...

I've had the soup today and yesterday, chicken one was ok, not great texture though. The veg soup I had today was awful! had to wash it down with gulps of water in between, and I didn't finish it all, only half the bowl!

After seeing so many positive reviews of the meals I think I will order some of the meals and have my veg with them!

Welcome bananas. I agree with you. Having done LT in the past and lived off chocolate shakes only for 4 months (ok so the weight loss was great) I knew that I couldn't go through that again. The meals with the veggies are what make this diet bearable for me. I actually don't feel like I'm being deprived as there is a lot of variety with this. Funny though that the shake you're not keen on is banana - that's my favourite :).

Good luck and keep popping into tell us how you're doing. I'm sure that stone will be off in no time.

Tara- I'm with you on the soups! Just had chicken, that was nice, but the veg was horrible. I filled it with black pepper and dry herbs and gulped! Glad I only had the one packet!

I'm not a lover of the soups but I thought that the vegetable one was the best one :)

Thanks everyone :)

I've used the tesco ultraslim bars in the past too. Loved the raspberry one but found the choc one had a strange taste to it. There are berry fudge (I think it is) BL bars in my local Tesco at 37p each, again they have a weird aftertaste and odd texture. Always good for a change though. I feel I'm best avoiding the bars as much as possible as I always want another one, yet rarely feel the need for another shake or meal.

Tonight's dinner is spagbol with mushrooms, very much looking forward to it :)

I think you can return some items and swap yeah, someone mentioned it somewhere before, thats a good idea actually! If I like the spag bol I may trade my (veg) cardboard and dust soup for them! Might ping rob an email and see!

Aren't the 37p ones snack bars? These are no good for meal replacements. The MRP ones are more like £1.50. I found they had a strange texture and aftertaste too but the mint in the one I quite liked sort of overcame that for me as I love mint.

S&S don't allow you to swap now I think - something about health and safety and being food products. I can see their point.

You're not allowed to swap on here either or sell or even give away but of course if you were to agree to it off site between yourselves then who's to know. You just need to find someone who likes what you hate :)

Aren't the 37p ones snack bars? These are no good for meal replacements. The MRP ones are more like £1.50. I found they had a strange texture and aftertaste too but the mint in the one I quite liked sort of overcame that for me as I love mint.

The 37p ones are the berry fudge meal replacement. They're on offer, so thats not the regular price! I did check whether they were snack or meal ones.

Borders girl. No they are the full meal replacement ones, they're in the clearance aisle reduced from £1.50 to 75p and now 37p. They had the mint and breakfast ones too but now sold out.

I wouldn't recommend swapping packs with someone on a forum (no offence ppl) but I know with cd you could exchange packs u didn't like. No idea if S&S do a similar service but may be worth asking if it helps make the diet easier

I'm not a lover of the soups but I thought that the vegetable one was the best one :)

I love the vegetable soup too! In fact, I enjoy all the MRP soups (now avoiding the dietimeal snack soups though some people like them). The shakes are good too. Choc shake is my favourite, made with ice cold water.....hmmm!

37p is a bargain! Shame my nearest Tesco is an hour away so I only online shop from there and get it delivered.

I wouldn't swap with someone on a forum I barely knew either but if it was someone I had built up a friendship with over a few months I would consider it. I'll probably just Ebay what I have left after I finish though. There are things I've bought and liked and then gone off so I'll no doubt have things left afterwards.

That's a good idea, to ebay it. I just spoke to Rob, can't offer swaps as they used to and someone kicked off about it and trading standards got involved. So it wasn't worth it for them to offer the swaps in the end. He did however offer me a good deal on my next order! Excellent customer service!

People will buy anything on Ebay :). Can't believe the prices that some of the CD and LL products go for on there (even though you're not allowed to sell them so people have to be sneaky about how they list them).

If you look at S&S's T&Cs it says that food products don't come under the distance selling regs and they don't swap. Wonder how people can swap CD products then because presumably they get sold to the next person who wants that flavour?

Back