Slimalisious for Christmas!

Thanks Princess. I too am craving a cake or biscuit or choclate. But my son and his girlfriend have supported me in not keeping any junk food within my eyesight so have had to do without :( But I am super scared that tomorrow will prove extremely hard as I will be with a client and carer for 2 hours and they have pasta and cream sauces for lunch and slabs of cake and coffee afterwards. :eek::( I just feel like crying! Roll on Friday!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Think of how well you're doing and your goal for Christmas! You can do it!!!! Think of the pictures xxxx

Well done for reigning yourself back in Dolly! You can do it too :D

Afternoon.
Thursday is a bit of a blur but I know it went well food wise and on Friday weigh in I lost 2lbs. I was expecting more as I was eating a lot of salads and drinking mainly water. Disappointed but a loss is a loss and it is a good loss so I am going to stop complaining!

Hiya Tiger-lilly - here to subscribe and cheer you on from the sidelines :)

Ok so I'm back home now after house and dog sitting. My weigh in today and I lost 2lb. Very happy with taht as food was a challenge while I was there. Sometimes I won and other times I lost but the result if glugging loads of water and my homemade soup must have done the trick. Missed my babies so much though. Cried myself to sleep a few nightsJust felt so lonely in bed with no dogs fighting for space. But am home now and have loads to do as my son's girlfriend is away as well and he has turned into a caveman! Mountain of washing up to do ( I'm sure he ended up eating out of pots! ) bath looks like the dogs had a party in it and I have no idea how to explain the living area! Well work to do so hope you all have a great Easter weekend

Sods law! I hope he's helping you my lovely and that things are picking up for you :) Well done on your loss!! xxx

Had the most amazing roast dinner. I say amazing because it's the only one I've had since Christmas I believe.
Just waiting for the sponge cake to cool then will have some of that with a cup of tea. I did actually make some scan bran carrot cup cakes but want them for during the week as a sweet treat at less than 1 syn each. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Attachments

• 1398014472487.jpg
    1398014472487.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 65
  • 1398014486342.jpg
    1398014486342.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 61
  • 1398014505192.jpg
    1398014505192.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 66
My, my, my,. Had a big binge early hours this morning after being rudely awaken by the noisy neighbour upsatirs. It's was bad enough listening to his bad taste in music word for word 2 days running during the day but to be woken at 1:55am to some form of folk music was just too much. I so wanted to go up there and telling him about himself but knew I would get hurt. So instead with my blood boiling I dived into the cake and piled in the fluff and then devoured it without it touching the sides going down :(. I was then woken again this morning by his squeaky bed lol. The thought of eating now has made me feel ill lol!
Very disappointed with myself but have found that I maybe an emotional eater! :eek::eek::eek:
Now I will have to try and reign it in this morning and the rest of the week :mad:

Attachments

• 1398059911538.jpg
    1398059911538.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 55
I am defo an emotional eater. I eat when I'm happy/sad/depressed & any other feelings you can imagine.

I really need to stop it.

Dxxx

I agree but how?! I have no idea where to start. I have already given up smoking! Which doesn't help. Maybe play computer games again. That used to keep my hands from going to my mouth lol.

My, my, my,. Had a big binge early hours this morning after being rudely awaken by the noisy neighbour upsatirs. It's was bad enough listening to his bad taste in music word for word 2 days running during the day but to be woken at 1:55am to some form of folk music was just too much. I so wanted to go up there and telling him about himself but knew I would get hurt. So instead with my blood boiling I dived into the cake and piled in the fluff and then devoured it without it touching the sides going down :(. I was then woken again this morning by his squeaky bed lol. The thought of eating now has made me feel ill lol!
Very disappointed with myself but have found that I maybe an emotional eater! :eek::eek::eek:
Now I will have to try and reign it in this morning and the rest of the week :mad:

I am defo an emotional eater. I eat when I'm happy/sad/depressed & any other feelings you can imagine.

I really need to stop it.

Dxxx

Me too my lovelies! My "grandad" is a nasty spiteful man who it is impossible to please. My mum, myself and my gran have all been domestically abused by him, emotionally, mentally and physically too. I don't know how the hell my gran put up with it (she died in 96). In those days you really made your bed and lay in it :(. To everyone outside the family he has always been such a 'nice man' but pfft. I mean, he even admitted to a vicar that if he saw something he wanted - wherever it was/whoever it belonged to - he would steal it for himself.

He's always been a horrible man and we ended up caring for him since my gran died and then 8 years ago it became 24/7 pretty much and then we ended up seriously depressed/stressed/eating real **** to make ourselves feel better. in 2010 he was diagnosed with dementia (and trust me, it got worse :() but thankfully he's now been in a care home for 18 months and it's calming down - we've made our visits once a month - for two hours only - just because we have to (because he needs things or the lady is going to cut his nails (who is a SWEETHEART!!!)

But yes. It's set in the way that a) food needed to be convinient (takeaway/sandwiches/crisps/pop) and junk to fill in the hole. It's a hell of a habit to break isn't it!

I agree but how?! I have no idea where to start. I have already given up smoking! Which doesn't help. Maybe play computer games again. That used to keep my hands from going to my mouth lol.

I think what we need to do is maybe have a little support thread for emotional/comfort eating where we can sound off without reaching for food and try and make ourselves feel better?

We also need to get out the habit of rewarding ourselves with food (used to be 'gone to see twatbag, have a bag of sweets!' 'ugh, he hasn't washed (even in the care home it's not great - he still doesn't wash his hands after being to the toilet either end (sorry!) - mum ended up with D&S in January from him because of this) so lets get straight in, shower, and then a sandwich will do. It's all so emotionally draining even now... so we need to plan ahead.

When we know there's going to be some form of stress we shoul dmaybe prepare something in advance? Or if we really do need a reward maybe get the healthiest way of doing it possible? Like weightwatchers bread at 50cal a slice for a sandwich? Salad stuff? Lighter cheese? Weightwatchers bacon? (70 cals a medallion?) etc etc.

Buy something non-food based for a treat? Shoes? Handbag? Top? Pyjamas? Magazine? What do you fancy that is a proper treat? :)

We can dooooo it together :D

Wow, Sparklepants! You have been through hell! I can't believe what he said to the vicar :eek: I do agree that maybe planning ahead for these incidents that crop up is a good idea. I refuse to have any sweets and biscuits in the home. But then I'm from a different generation than the kids and the baby. My son know the score though! His girlfriend on the other hand doesn't. She will not cook but order takeaway most nights and when I stroll in at night from work expecting a home cooked meal ( as my son is a very good cook. I taught him!) I end up with nothing and have to either go to the shop and get a ready meal or order take away or starve till the next morning. It's a nightmare at times. But I have done some planning for this week and have made mince and pasta and kept it in the fridge for tonight and tomorrow night. Breakfast was potato cakes and beans and I have enough left for tomorrows breakfast too. I'm in the office tomorrow for lunch so when I get home tonight ( still in the office ) I will take out my homemade soup and leave that to defrost for lunch tomorrow and leave some for another day.

Awww lovely, that's not very nice at all :( Surely when you're living in a house together the way that you do then you even just offer to cook for others? I bet you do! :(

Planning is always good :) I batch cook and portion and freeze a good 50ish meals of various types and we work our way through them with the odd fresh meal (ie - made that night) added here and there (and homemade curry every saturday night! :) We do love a curry!). Lasts over a couple of months, sometimes into three months if we get carried away on the 'fresh' meals :)

ETA: only have to think about him once a month now, we're mending :) (typically it doesn't end up like that though, the week before we go is always full of ':( gotta go... gotta go...' type thoughts, but we're getting there :) thanks love x

I give up! What is the point in batch cooking for myself only for them greedy lazy kids to eat. Leaving me again with no dinner when I come home late from work! I was so upset with them yesterday. How dare they! Well I demanded money from them today so I could get myself a meal before I got home. But now I have done that and enjoyed the meal, I feel a little guilty! I know I should but I do. Anyway, pay day tomorrow. I will go shopping and buy some food that they don't eat. Maybe I won't fail on my food intake next week. Hope I haven't done too much damage for tomorrow's weigh in. Oh well!

Back