Slimatee

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by happyland, 17 March 2008 Social URL.

1. happyland

happyland Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Good morning!

Does anyone know if you can take Slimatee on cd. It is a herbal tea from Holland and Barrett which makes you go to the toilet. I usually use it when I'm calorie counting so have some in the cupboard... I haven't been to the loo since I started cd (on day 5 now) and feel that is quite a long time to go...

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ClaireLR

ClaireLR Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2.5lb(1.08%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi Happyland,

Not sure on the tea but you can take Psyllium husks, also available at H&B - you can get them in a tablet/capsule form and they re basically fibre that helps to push everything through (sorry!)

HTH

4. happyland

happyland Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    This is what is in it;

Frangula Bark
    Senna Leaf
    Peppermint Leaf
    Hibiscus Flowers
    Blacktea
    Goldenrod Herb
    Mate Tea

I have no doubt this will work, but not sure if it will knock me out of ketosis?

5. kiran

kiran Member

Start Weight:
    12st7.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5.0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hi Happyland

I take slimates, that is the only way I feel a bit relax, and not discomfort, I have been taken it twice sine I have been on cd, that is been about a week, But the only thing is it makes you more thristy,

I am still in ketosis, But i made the tea very weak, just incase it kick me out of ketosis, but I have not taken it every day, But would like to know as well can I taken every day.

Thanks

Kiran

6. happyland

happyland Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    What's the rule regarding herbal teas again ?

7. Dragonfly

Dragonfly Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(24.14%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi you can have leaf teas, but not teas made with flowers

8. happyland

happyland Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Oh well.. there goes my idea then.. It has hibiscus flowers in it! Darn!

What about Dulcolax.. anyone tried that and is it ok to take on cd?

9. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

the fact you haven't been for 5 days does not necessarily indicate a problem ... do you feel like you want to go but are unable to? That is when you have constipation. We aren't producing much waste as we aren't eating very much so some people only go once or twice a week.

Before jumping onto the dulcolax wagon it is recommended you ensure you are drinking enough water - how much are you drinking a day? You may need to try drinking a little more (depending on how much you are drinking now) The next thing to try is the water flavourings available from your CDC as they contain a substance that acts like a fibre. Then you can try something like psyllium husks/fibre 89.

If none of these things work, and you have difficulty going, THEN try something like dulcolax.

10. Changing_In2_A_Butterfly

Changing_In2_A_Butterfly Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Dulcolax are not for the faint of heart!

Take them only if you haven't "been" for a long time because they are killers. If you haven't taken them before, start with one.

Lots of water can have a laxitive effect, especially with the water flavourings.

11. happyland

happyland Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I suppose I may be worried for nothing as I really don't feel the need to go at all... I am drinking about 7 litres of water every day so that isn't a problem. I might try the water flavourings.. Do you have to wait till week 3 to have them?

12. Sarette

Sarette Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Current Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st11lb(25.67%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    7 litres?! Omg, how do you manage that?!

13. happyland

happyland Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I just keep a pint of water besides me all the time and as soon as I'm finished it, I go and fill it up.. Speaking of which Im all empty again!

might invest in one of those caravan loos to keep beside me too :D

14. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

As far as I know you can have the water flavourings now ... someone will correct me if I'm wrong. Give them a try, it may be all you need. Good luck

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.