Slimfast vs tesco?

summer29

I am back after a blip but and ready and more determined. However looked at the prices of SF and they have all gone up!! I have had a look and tesco's do ther own version called ultra slim. has anyone tasted them? I can cope with most shakes (i survived cd for 2 months) also has any one tried the bars?

my hubby has tried the tesco strawberry and says its nice, we blend it with a few cubes of ice which helps get any shakes down! its also less cals than slimfast at 135 cals per strawberry shake.. havent had anything else of theirs tho but i think well be using that after our slimmfast has run out

i like the strawberry and choc shakes and theyre on offer at the mo at 3 for £2 so worth stocking up!

A lot of others have said they find the Tesco's ones sickeningly sweet but I imagine it's ultimately down to personal taste.

i started slimfast when it was on offer, got loads left cos i brought lots but i wont be buying them at full price, will happoly switch to the tesco one, i didnt even know they did one so thanks for the info u guys,

So far I have tried the tesco meal replacement bar the choc one tasted ok a bit like rabbit food would be better if it was dark chocolate rather than milk but however it was nice to eat something solid.

I tried these shakes (and ASDAs) back before I did calorie counting, nice taste, but just wasnt right for me as meal replacement.

hello i have had the choc, tesco on and it is nice i have also had the strawberry ones but the choc ones are better

so can we use this in stead of the sf ones ?

hey im using the tesco strawberry one its alot less cals and theres not much of a taste off it but it keeps me going! price is much better too! :)

yeh the tesco one is 2 packs for £6 so you are geting 24 meals as one pack is 12 shakes same as slim fast but alot cheaper, i got some more 2day and got some of the bars but i am so glad to read that we can have any treats as long as it is 100 cals woooo hoooo lol

good luck eveyone (just done 1st day xx)

I had the tesco ready made choc one and it tasted more of banana (ew) than chocolate however tried the strawberry ready made and I agree that it does taste sweet but I love it.

Tried the Superdrug chocolate powder and it tasted ok. very much the same as the sf powder.

Ooh thanks for the info ladies, off to Tescos tomorrow.

I did the Cambridge before but too expensive. Do you do the Tescos the same way ie 3 shakes or is it with food as well?:)

Ooh thanks for the info ladies, off to Tescos tomorrow.

I did the Cambridge before but too expensive. Do you do the Tescos the same way ie 3 shakes or is it with food as well?:)

Hi

its 2 shakes one meal and one or two snacks a day. ( and lots n lots of water )

they are 330ml ready made shakes with 215 cals in each one.

good luck with your weightloss

debs x

I bought the Ultra Slim 2 for £6 last week. The chocolate flavor is delicious and really thick. I'm defo converting to Ultra slim...hee hee

i am not a fan of milkshakes at the best of times so i dont use them.

But i have been using the tesco meal replacement bars, and i love the raspberry and yoghurt one! It is lovely!

I preferred Tesco to SF - and agree with the poster above about the bars.

However to an earlier poster - unlike Cambridge and the like which are nutritionally complete, these are NOT to be used as a VCLD, and it is highly unlikely they'll induce ketosis. They are just designed to replace one or two meals a day - not all of them!

Good luck with it. :)

Hmmm I shall look out for those. This is probably a silly question but are the bars in the same place as the shakes or in a different section, as I tried looking for the bars last time but couldn't find them :(

I keep an eye on Boots online for Slimfast offers and then order enough to get free delivery. Love the Cafe Latte one and stick to this.

Asda has them at £1.58 or two for £2 which is a massive saving. Bought 56 (everyone on the shelf) yesterday which made the (male) till assistant laugh. Just got to find somewhere to stash them.

I keep an eye on Boots online for Slimfast offers and then order enough to get free delivery. Love the Cafe Latte one and stick to this.

Asda has them at £1.58 or two for £2 which is a massive saving. Bought 56 (everyone on the shelf) yesterday which made the (male) till assistant laugh. Just got to find somewhere to stash them.

ooh yes, i cleared tesco out at the weekend too! lol

Back