Slimjim's journey to sustainable weight loss

Well the weekend was a total write off, no surprise! BUT went for a run Saturday, 4km....slowly building up again. Attempting 4.5-5k tomorrow, if my legs support me! :)

Oh, you're great with your runs! I haven't got back into the cycling yet - only the commute - not yet feeling completely recovered. By the way, how did weigh-in go after not tracking?

Well I stayed the same that week but tracked on the last 2 days as it was another naughty weekend...pesky weekends! Although last weekend was very very naughty & I was working! Thankfully not until 2:30pm on Sunday as the cava, rum, cava, beer combo wasn't so pretty! Poor liver!

So I'm expecting a gain tomorrow, was 137.5 this morning which is 1lb & damage limitation is NOT working!

Monday I went for 5k run & ate about 1700 but that's probably due to the run!

Today no exercise as had a very busy morning then work. 1600 today, did my usual cycle though.

Hoping exercising will help, eating healthily is really troublesome at the moment :)

A little bit of overindulgence, probably 2200 calories, but zumbaed my socks off so hopefully it'll be ok! Lost 0.5lb this week, every half counts! :)

Zumbaed your socks off eh, love the new verb! You're back on all the exercise and shaming me again! And another half pound is definitely good and in the right direction!

By the way your Sunday combo sounds very very dodgy!

It seems that both of us are managing to keep it under control touchwood - have bad days but manage to compensate on other days... Don't want to get complacent though, know how easy it is to get into bad habits and put on weight...

Hope you're having a good week :)

Last edited:
Yes we are! A pound off this week, which is a miracle, so 135lb....nearly back to 134 which is good considering I'm not tracking/paying much attention to my eating habits. Although I havent exercised since Friday, away over the weekend, too much snow on Monday for a run & yesterday the lurgy hit. Off tomorrow so taking it easy then hope to be out running on Friday again!

In other news, we found a lovely little terrace house to rent in York so it's all go go go! Can't wait to have my own front door & not share it with a shop/anything up to 200 tennants! Yay!! :)

Sounds like things are really working out for you too, brilliant! I really do think that maybe by tracking to start with, we got into some good healthy eating habits and now we just need to stop worrying about food so much! We just need to keep an eye on it to make sure we don't start eating junk again and the scales jump...

I heard about the snow in the UK, was on the webcam to friends and they showed me what it looked like outside! But central heating, that'll be nice!

Sorry you've got the lurgy, hope you're feeling much better soon. Cold wet nose - good on a dog, bad on a human... And I know the feeling!

Great news about your house in York - are you moving soon? This is going to be your year too, everything is so exciting!!:D

Hey there! Hope all is going well, and that you're getting over your cold. It's all systems go with you too at the moment, so hope that's working in your favour and not making you feel too stressed! How's the snow in your neck of the woods?! :)

Hello....I'm back....I think!!

Well things have changed. I now live in York after 2 weeks of madness & mayhem! We have a lovely little house with a little yard that gets a few meters of sun during the morning. Which is especially nice seeing as it's a whopping 19 degrees, lush!

So I went out for 3km today, at 7min/km with very tired legs!! So out again thursday, may choose an easier route & see if I can up my pace before I up the distance...we'll see!!

So not sure about the eating yet, need to input it into my fitness pal, but it's been atrocious recently so it should be an improvement!!

I also need to find a job as I'm officially unemployed as of Monday, eek! Not a nice feeling. The problem is I'd like to do a job I like, so hopefully I can temp until I find my dream job!

What's going on with you fit4hols? Where are you on operation uk?? :)

So food for yesterday

B: oats, yoghurt, apple, nuts & raisins
Sn: banana
L: 1 bread with houmous, rice & tuna salad
Sn: some Pringles & 2 biccies
D: Thai green pork curry with noodles & light coconut milk & 3 Lindt chocs (!)

Not the best.....and then today.....

B: 2 biccies, branflakes & 1 weetabix with skimmed milk, nuts & raisins
Sn: satsuma & Lindt choc
L: bread with houmous & bread with tuna (open sarnies) & cucumber & pringles....someone needs to finish that tube!! Strawberries
Sn: small toast, cold baked beans & mini eggs PLUS 2 more biccies
D: chicken risotto with soft cheese & a little cheddar, can of lager

DEFINITELY not a good day....I blame the stress of being attached to the computer searching & applying for jobs....sigh! Still first of hopefully many interviews tomorrow & I'm hoping writing this all down will shame me into stuffing my face less, we'll see :)

Ok so I've been off again!!

So started yesterday AGAIN....well tracking anyway!

Food:
B: 2 satsumas, hot cross bun with jam
Sn: special k bar
L: 2 new potatoes, tuna & 4 bean salad, cheese puffs, melon
D: chicken Kiev (low fat), orzo pasta with veg & soft cheese, salad
Sn: chocolate cup cake nom nom nom!!

I also started the 30 day challenge on EA Active for Wii ..... and it hurts today! And did some gardening & walking

Totals: 1540 calories all good if you factor in the exercise!!

Right, made it through yesterday as well, not fantastic but OK....!

B: Apple, branflakes, 1 weetabix, sultanas & skimmed milk
L: 3 x weight watchers bread & snackpot beans. Fudge!
D: Cottage pie made with lean beef mince,veg & tomatoes & sliced new potato top with a little cheese!
Sn: Cupcake....1 more left!

Total = 1607 calories

I also spent approx 3 hours making flat pack furniture (should have bought it ready made!) & unpacking a little, so I'm sure that burnt me few extra cals!

I got 2 interviews today as well, 1 at Waitrose (think of the food & discount!) & another as a senior support worker...but I really just want an admin job again. I have 3 years in admin straight plus other experience from previous jobs but my last job in care seems to put people off. SO I have rejigged it for the job I applied today & put the admin job at the top under 'relevant' experience & will re-write the job role for each application. It's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO boring though !! :)

Hellooooo!!! I'm back now too - back on here and in the UK since yesterday! Glad the move to York went well, and I know you will get a job soon. Good luck with those interviews, it would be a good stopgap until you get something you really want. If you're really serious about getting out of care work though, it might be better to take the Waitrose job rather than the senior support worker as a stopgap, unless you are temping? You have the 3 years experience in admin, so push and push until you get what you're looking for.

Sounds like you're back on track with the running too. I'm looking forward to moving into my own flat in a few weeks time, so that I can buy a bike and get started on that again.

Still, at the moment, I seem to be maintaining quite well, so provided I don't change my eating habits...!

Hello, welcome home :) hope things are good & it's not too much of a culture shock or otherwise being home!

Just a quick update, totally off track & back to starting weight of 143lb d'oh! Took the waitrose job & have since been slack about looking elsewhere, but really must. A 22 yr old at work made me think 'what would 22yr old me think of 33yr old me'.......'disappointed'! I mean that from a career/job perspective more than anything, so not wallowing in self pity don't fret!

New plan of attack, no weighing but inching! Plus no massive amounts of counting & logging!

Basically I can have 3 meals a day, 2 fruit snacks between b&l and l&d plus a non fruit snack if I'm peckish. The meals & proper snack should be under 10g fat each. I need to be active (anything up from a waddle!) for 50 min/day.

It's not that restrictive though, I will explain further if anyone wants but you start with 5 pts/d & lose pts according to what you have/haven't done eg over 10g fat or missed fruit snack or excess booze = loss of points. Gain exercise points 1 per 10 min max 5.

So max you can have at end of week 70 (35 food & drink & 35 exercise) if you follow it to the letter. For my height to lose inches I need to be aiming for 54 minimum, ie, only allowed to lose 16pts.....

Making sense?? Probs not I'm dog tired & writing this on my phone in bed! :)

It's been a very long time and I can see that you haven't been updating either... I hope that everything is going well for you in your new life :)
Don't know about you, but I reckon it's time to get motivated again to lose the Christmas weight (plus some..)! Happy New Year!

Hi ive also been doing sw but can't seem t get my head around the syns.I did sw in 2011 and lost just ove 2st but the syns have changed and can't get back to a group so i think il just eat heathly and hopefully have some good results. :rolleyes:

Back