Slimjim's journey to sustainable weight loss

I'm really a bit too sentimental I think....so many things I've kept over the years! Still I'll try this time!

I'm not sure that i can agree with you on 1 point, lie ins aren't evil....they're lovely, unless of course it's an accidental oversleep and it means rushing like crazy to work or such like!! :)

So yesterday was a definite write off day. I didn't run, but I did do another, but different session of Davina & I went for a long dog walk with my friend after lunch so that was good.....but....

B: 2 weetabix with skimmed milk, banana
L: half a pizza (with said friend)
Pub: 1.5pt
D: thin steak in ciabatta, McCain chips, salad, half a bottle of cava, large glass of red wine & chocolate.....I think I was a little tipsy/giggly!

Total = 2772 eek!
P:C:F = 18:54:28

Lovely day though with my friend & lovely evening with my husband celebrating our soon to be move! Well worth it! :)

So as much as I enjoyed yesterday I drew a line & have been much better today! Not necessarily eating the right things though!

B: beans on 1 toast
L: tuna & four bean salad with oil dressing
Sn: fruities, satsumas, apple & a little bit if sausage at work
D: veg, bean & cod stew/soup (early so peckish when I got home)
Sn: 1 toast & flora, velvet crunch, Czech beer & snack bar

Total = 1298 half of yesterday's total! :)
P:C:F = 25:56:19

Better!

It sounds like you had a lovely day and then quickly sorted yourself out the next day! I'm so glad that things are coming together for your long-term plans, it's great to have that to celebrate!

Yes I was pleased I got back on track!

Yesterday wasn't excellent, having a late on the weekend is much better for my eating, as it was last night I got hungry, watching too much tv!

B:banana weetabix & milk
Sn: walnuts (supposed be good at giving you a natural high!) & fruities....at the cinema no less, for work!! Sometimes I love my job!
L: tuna, bean & a little rice salad plus a frankfurter, just can't resist those things!
Sn: plum, satsuma, 1 nature valley bar
D: nasi goreng ayam, yoghurt & raspberries, Czech beer
Sn: half small glass of wine & chomp

The last snack....why oh why??? I couldn't even finish the wine! I felt so sick & had a really sore tummy.....although I woke up this morning with the same so I'm not sure it was the chomps fault! It's been bothering me most of today & I've eaten dry toast as a result as it stops the nausea. I'm feeling a lot better now but can't tell if the tummy spasms are tummy ache or hunger pangs!! I'm going with hunger!! My friends little boy who I saw on Friday hasn't been too well so it could be from him?? Didn't make Zumba today either, not sure I could've taken it!! :)

Oh, I like your dinner:D Just looking at the Air Asia website again actually... If I could be coming back to the UK soon, I need to fit in a holiday again somewhere if I possibly can! Where to go, where to go? Where to go that's cheap...!

Hope your tummy has settled though now and you're fighting fit again!

Tummy better thanks!

I would say stop off in China, India, Nepal or anywhere in South East Asia, most preferably for me would be Cambodia or Vietnam or both!! Or Malaysia again?! I want to go travelling !!! May be one day when I don't have to work anymore! :D

Monday was good about 1200 calories, toast, banana, cuppa soup, more toast & a proper dinner....not quite my 5 a day though!

Yesterday I was feeling much better & I had book club so it was a bit ott:
B: porridge & blueberries
Sn: apple
L: cous cous salad with left over turkey bolognese
Sn: snack a jacks
D: meatballs & pasta, some red wine! And a little late night chocolate!

About 1800 calories, I did do some Davina...keep thinking about early morning runs but unlike you I just can't face it at the moment :( It's so dark & getting up at 6am is difficult enough let alone 5:15 ish! The days are getting longer, so soon it'll be no excuse! :)

So new approach for this week, you've inspired me! I'm not tracking/weighing/calorie counting/obsessing this week.

I lost 1lb which is great but I pretty much maintained through Nov & until Christmas without being too watchful so it could be good?

I'm not planning in changing my food, I'll just aim to keep it the same & see what happens....next week will tell!

So today:
1 weetabix, shreddies & milk, yoghurt. Jacket potato with beans, tuna & salad. Low cal crisps, satsumas, walnuts. ZUMBA (hard hard work tonight, I was drenched :) )
Chicken in tomatoey sauce with peppers (veg drawer empty at home :( ) & gnocchi with a little cheese.
Jelly & snack bar

It looks ok but I've no idea of the amounts...I'm a little excited to see how it pans out!

Ooh, 1lb off again - that's great news! And well done with the zumba too :)

Good luck with not tracking this week, I hope it works well for you! The key for me wasn't so much the not tracking as not preparing quite so intensively. And only eating when I have a big break unless I'm very very hungry!

I think you're doing so well and have a very healthy approach! You helped inspire me to do more exercise!

I'm surprised I inspired you to exercise more, I feel like I'm really rubbish at it & can easily find a pathetic excuse not to bother!

Well I think it's going ok, my main idea is not to worry about how big my portions are but may be increase them even to discourage the snacking....can't stop the evening snacks though, I find it impossible!

B: drawn out over 2hrs! Yoghurt, apple & toast with spread & jam
L: healthy cottage pie & veg
Sn: satsumas
D: had taken a salad to work, but I cooked up a very healthy chicken curry so had that with rice
Home: crisps & chocolate!! Not loads though, a controlled amount!

Exercise, only my commute :(

I don't know, usually your snacks in the day are fruit-based, and we're supposed to eat at least 5 portions of fruit and veg. Maybe it's a good way of eating that. Perhaps try to change your evening snack and have a slightly larger dinner? And you still exercise more than I do!

Very nice!

Back on track yesterday
B: 2 granary toast with banana, apple
Sn: large handful of fruit & nuts
L: parsnip & squash soup...then 1/4 toast & spread & a fish finger (work pah!)
Sn: yoghurt & berries, a couple of leftover wedges with a little coleslaw (leftovers pah!)
D: chicken & chorizo paella with plenty of veg, 2 satsumas & a snack bar

Calories = 1553
P:C:F = 15:61:24 not great on protein

Did 1hr Zumba class plus 45min Zumba toning class.....yay me! :)

So today was ok, thought about a run but didn't go, rain & tired body from yesterday! Excuses excuses!

I was on a very late today! 1530-2300

B: weetabix, bran flakes, sultanas, chopped hazelnuts, skimmed milk
Sn: yoghurt & berries
L: (big) large jacket potato with meatfree meatballs & veg in a tomato sauce, spread on potato & soft cheese on top
Sn: WW fruities
D: parsnip & squash soup with bacon medallions sprinkled on top, a 'slither' of christmas cake!
Sn: trail mix bar, apple

Calories = 1483
P:C:F = 18:64:18 still not getting that right, hey ho!

Read a good inspirational story today that will hopefully put a bullet up ...... & get me running again! Tomorrow NO FAIL!

I also spoke to a friend today who's got some really really awful things going on at the moment - it really brings it home how lucky I am & that I should relish everything that's going on for me.....stop moaning!! :)

Yay me! Run done, only 3km as I didn't want to injure myself or put myself off it! So uninjured, definitely not put off & going out for 30mins on Friday :)

Yay you, indeedy! Well done on doing that run and definitely best to start off with a shorter one. Although I definitely wouldn't be able to run for 3km nonstop! Any exercise for me is completely out the window until next week, I'm getting better but still very grotty! Glad to see you're keeping on track!

I am pleased that even after not running for a couple of months I still have the muscle memory, just need to build my fitness back up to where it was but I don't think that'll take too long :)

So yesterday was 'date night' & my eating was a touch on the naughty side!
B: weetabix, sultanas, chopped hazelnuts & milk (loving this combo at the mo!)
Sn: apple
L: ham sandwich, low cal crisps, a ripple (so tasty!)
D: restaurant burger & chips, 2 bottles of beer, 2 glasses of wine
Little attack of the munchies when I got home, snack bar & cup of tea

Total = approx 2600 !!
P:C:F = approx 14:58:27 !!

Oops.....can't wait to see what today & tomorrow bring! It's a miracle I'm not gaining weight ;)

Back