Slimmer Me

Kayjay1809

:wavey: Hiya from a very rainy Lancashire. I've been a member of Minimins for a few months now but got seriously off track, seriously depressed and seriously overeating :eek: So I'm starting a new diary to mark the new me.

I went to see a friend on Weds, who I met at WW a few years ago. We both lost a bit of weight and she managed to stay the same and I have since gained another 3 stone. Anyway she's doing 'Alizonne' and I haven't seen her for about a month and she's lost so much weight I came home and cried and cried and cried :cry: Having discussed at length with my hubby he's persuaded me that losing weight rapidly on a very low calorie diet is not the way to go (apart from the fact we don't have the £200 a week it costs :eek:). Deep down I know he's right so I have rejoined the Boots site to measure my calorie input but this time I'm going to focus on healthy eating and the calorie counting is just to make sure I'm not overeating on the healthy stuff.

I've gained at least 7 stone over the past ten years, it's badly affected my self esteem and confidence, my relationship with my hubby (he loves me whatever size I am but I don't love myself), my health is suffering and my general enjoyment of life. I watch from the sidelines as everyone enjoys the beach, or the dancing, or ... well you get the picture. I've reduced my target to a weight loss of 3 stone, to be 15 stone would be incredible and I can set another target if I want then. 3 stone seems achievable (just), 7 stone is just plain old scary.

I'll list briefly what I eat each day, I am counting the cals on Boots so won't repeat that but I'm aiming at around 1600 cals per day.

Exercise - I have fibromyalgia and also being the size I am find exercise hard and painful. But I am determined to increase slowly, today I'm plucking up courage and going swimming with my son. I feel appalled at the thought of putting on a swimsuit in public but we're going later on today when it will (hopefully) be quieter. And he's thrilled I'm taking him. Swimming is perfectly ok for me to do, walking is painful somedays but I'm thinking if I start with ten mins a day and build up. And my son says he'll set me up on his Wi Fit when he goes back to school in Sept. And I know each 1lb off will make exercise easier.

So here goes :)

Breakfast - cereal
Lunch - jacket pot, tuna, salad
Dinner - fishcake, new pots, baked beans, raspberries
Snacks - apple, French Fries
Drinks - tea, decaff coffee, water

Last edited:
hello and welcome to the world of diaries :)

thankyou for reading mine, as you'll have noticed i can relate to everything you've said..and more! :rolleyes:

my weight restricts my life so much, i don't actually have a life!!!!..but i feel one emerging from the flab now :D My main reason was health issues, i could feel my weight 'disabling' me and affecting my frame of mind.

You are planning and doing all the right things, making the decision to do it sensibly and long term etc..you are half way to success already!

My goal is very daunting too, and like you, i try to think of it in smaller 'chunks'...seems more achievable that way..and it seems to work...yippppeee :)

Keep posting, i look forward to chatting with you, i understand, we all do..we are all in the same boat...and doing it for the same reasons!

Good luck, keep focused :)

Thanks Rose :) I feel my weight is disabling me now, I can't believe how I let myself get like this but I guess here is where I am and I need to face it. I've been like a reverse anorexic, in my head I'm still a size 16 and when I get a glimpse of myself in a mirror or shop window I'm horrified but have been successfully blanking it out. But now I'm 43 I think weight does start to affect our health more and I want to deal with it now not when I have my heart attack in my 50's like my dad did.

We're continuing to decorate our son's bedroom today so plenty of arm exercise to be done. I always find weekends challenging food-wize as my hubby is stick thin and my son is 11 and constantly hungry and I tend to match what they eat. But I'm determined to plan the food better and snack on fruit (need to go buy some more, my son's eaten the fruit bowl since I went shopping).

Righto better get out of bed and get started ;)

Hello again, things are going well, I'm sticking to three meals a day plus one nice snack and fruit. And increasing exercise, I'm aching like mad but a good ache. My friend gave me a yummy salad dressing for dinner tomorrow and showed me how to make it, so I'm off to the market tomorrow for some nice salad stuff, feta cheese and olives to make a Greek salad. Just had sausages and mash, low fat sausages but not the healthiest but yummy!

I'm still here, have been on holiday for a few days, back tonight, so I temporarily suspended the dieting although both me and hubby have had a tummy bug and we've done a fair bit of walking so I'm hopeful I've stayed the same. We've been to Saltburn on Sea - lovely place - and are going to Robin Hood's Bay today before coming home. Am dreading the hill there, we got engaged there so it's a special place. But the last time I went I swore I wouldn't go back until I had lost weight and could walk up the hill without looking like I'm going into cardiac arrest :eek: Well I'm a few lb lighter but I need to be a few stone lighter for that to happen!! Hubby says he'll bring the car down for me at the end of the day so we'll see.

:wave_cry: Well I've been up and down the past couple of weeks, not been very well but managed to lose another 0.5lb this week. Total loss only 4lb but at least it's moving in the right direction! Am going to try to update this daily to help with my motivation levels. I've not had chocolate for a whole week, but gave in last night and had a Flake but one bar a week is so much better than one (or two) (or three) a day!

I was persuaded to go to a new Slimming World group last week, which proved to me for the last time that slimming groups are just not for me. I went back second week, having ate well all week to find I'd lost only half a lb. As it was a new group the weight losses were massive, someone lost 8 and a half lb :eek: but as I only lost half, I got disheartened and have had to give myself a good talking to that I'm in this for the long term and am determined to get to a healthy weight for me. I've readjusted my target to 12 stone which I know is a good weight for me. 6 stone seems an awful amount of weight to lose but I can see from other members on here that it is very possible to do. So much more motivating than sitting in a slimming club watching people less than my target weight say how 'fat' they are :( Onwards and upwards as my school motto used to say, well onwards and downwards is the new motto. I have an appointment today with a dietician and I feel I'm in a better place with eating than I was when I was first referred. My eating is a lot more regular and planned and definitely more healthy.

Breakfast: Toasted teacake, butter
Lunch: Ham Salad with egg and coleslaw
Dinner: Chicken and Bacon pasta bake
Snacks: Fruit, Yoghurt, Skinny Latte

Last edited:
Well the dietician was pleased with me, I've lost half a stone since I last saw her. She reinforced the need to make permanent lifestyle changes and not "diet". My next appointment is November and I said my goal is to lose a stone my Christmas.

There I said it. A STONE BY CHRISTMAS... can I do it? I hope so, it's perfectly possible, it would be the most weight I've lost in the past ten years. A Target. I've never made a Target before and it feels scary to put it out there in public. I'm 17st 12lb today, to be 16st anything would be amazing. So here goes. A Target to Achieve.

Back