Slimmer of the week basket.

Glad it's not just me, the fruit always ends up being thrown...as it is soft and like you said on it's last legs! I always feel like saying I'll just have the certificate but that's just mean. Mind you haven't been on track for a few weeks so haven't won it anyway! ;-)

Some of those baskets sound amazing!
Ours is fruit only and I agree it would be great if there were some non perishables in there, fruit bowl in our house is always full anyway.

Ours is a fruit basket and some times people bring in eggs but 99% of the time its fruit and there's loads. If there are 2 or more slimmers of the week then it gets divided

Our SOTW basket is usually really good! It always has a mixture of fresh fruit and veg, mug shots, cereal bars, options hot chocolates, velvet crunch, etc.

I always like to put something a bit "different" in so I usually put things like measuring spoons, mesh chip trays, tupperware boxes, herbs and spices, etc.

Our SOTW basket is usually really good! It always has a mixture of fresh fruit and veg, mug shots, cereal bars, options hot chocolates, velvet crunch, etc.

I always like to put something a bit "different" in so I usually put things like measuring spoons, mesh chip trays, tupperware boxes, herbs and spices, etc.

that is quite a good idea with the spices :)

some times if i see .somethink thats new to slimming world .i might put that in.as it may be a thing someone might like to try .but fine that they couldent buy yet .lorna

Usually it's all the old and battered fruit that no one wants lol!!
i try to be different and put in something like mug shots, a low fat hot chocolate sachet or packs of low syn items etc.
I have even put in a bottle of syn free squash before x

I think it's great to have a variety in there and was pleased to get some non-fruit items one of the times I got SOTW as I'm normally very organised and will have my fruit ready for the week ahead before I go to group for weigh in so getting an enormous bag of fruit can make it a bit of a struggle to use up as there's just myself and my husband. Also I partly dread getting SOTW (apart from the certificate and sticker!) as I walk the 1.5 miles to and from group so lugging home a bag of fruit is a bit of a pain :sigh: - equally I'm often the only idiot who has bought a raffle ticket but is hoping not to win after I've seen the weight of the prize!

My favourite thing to put in the basket is a packet of passata - nice a cheap from Aldi but very handy for soups, which my group is very fond of making :)

One time when I visiting my Dad for a while I attended group near where he lives and felt very embarrassed winning SOTW whilst just visiting that group but my Dad was very pleased when I got home with my SOTW bag. He promptly started handing out the contents of the bag to other family members as if it was Christmas. He was very impressed with the variety in that one :) and it was the first time I considered putting other items in the bag apart from fruit as that one had onions, garlic, potatoes and passata in it as well as fruit.

Yes ours is meant to be syn free. I put in a muller light last time but could not afford to put anything in this time and did not have anything at home suitable. I was joint slimmer of the week though and can tell you there were nanas, a tin of tuna, chilles, mushrooms, a mango, a snackpot -cannot remember what else but I had the mango, chillies and a snackpot. Also a lady brought in a tray of yogurts (I think she works for the company) and we could help ourselves. I was pleased because unlike Muller light they are gelatine free.

I asked once about giving fresh eggs as we have chickens, I was told no..it has to be fruit really, quite disappointing to win the bag, not the slimmer of the week, that is fab but to receive fruit that looks a bit sad and bruised isn't nice! I thought eggs would be gratefully received! Especially as they are free!

I too have chickens, and put a half dozen in a week our C is a sensible person and would never stop people putting in anything as long as it's Syn free!

I got the fruit basket this week and I am amazed at what was in it - 5 bananas, 5 oranges (different sizes), 8 apples (different sizes), 4 pears, 4 kiwis, mango, plum & a red grapefuit

I put sardines in tomato sauce in ours today. Someone else put a bottle of water in. I think its nice to not have just fruit. We have so much here anyway. You could literally pick a bag of oranges just walking around!

Back