Slimmer of the week query

Jennyonaplate

Gold Member
How does it work in your group if there is more than one person who loses the same amount of weight for slimmer of the week?

At my club there were two women who both lost 3.5lb in the same week, both had lost the week before and both stayed to class both this week and last. When the slimmer of the week sticker and fruit was given to only one of the women I queried it and was told by the leader that if there's a 'tie-break' then they'll see who's lost more in the past to get the slimmer of the week sticker for that week. Now is it just me that thinks this is unfair as if it's slimmer of the week then surely they shouldn't work out the winner based on who lost the most weight overall - I understand about not qualifying if you had a gain the previous week, but if it's on a week to week basis for the award then surely it should be just that?!!

I thought it was a bit off that it couldn't be shared when both women had done equally well that week.

Anyway, rant over on that matter..........

....now, while i'm here - how long does your consultant spend with new members? Mine's been taking over 45minutes lately leaving everyone waiting for absolutely ages before she even begins the class!!!

Hi Ya,

Im doing CD, however did Slimming worls a couple of years ago. When ever we had two people winning slimmer of the week, we always shared it, both would get a certificate and share the prize. I think thats only fair, I would be a little dissapointed if they did it the way your lady did. i am not sure if things have changed in the last couple of years, I am sure some one else who is doing the plan can help more.

As for the time spent talking, to be honest is one of the reasons why I did not stay, our leader left us for about 45 mins as well then rushed through our results. The leader before her was absolutely lovely and would always do the new members at the end, she said that way they could see what they were letting themselves in for and did not have to join if they were not happy with what they had seen that night, they always stayed. She left to be area manager (she was good).

Is there another group in your area you could go to there are so many good leaders out there its just a case of looking around until your happy, its so important to have faith in your leader, your paying them to help you and it can make or break you as a commited dieter, they sometimes dont seem to realise that they lose a heck of a lot of customers this way.

Sorry to waffle I do hope you start enjoying group soon, until then there are so many wonderful people on here that will support you, I have lost count the times this site has helped me, there is so much knowledge on here its untrue.

Good luck and keep us posted Lisa xx

That seems mad having the new members bit before class. WW do it the other way, class first then new members stay behind, seems much fairer, theyre going to stay to class anyways so at least that way we dont have to wait longer than necessary, I wouldnt have the patience for that lol

I've never been to a class where they do the new members talk first. Likewise if 2 people have the same weigh loss and qualify then SotW is shared.

I've only been to one class so far but they shared the slimmer of the week between 2 people at mine and my c also sat with me when everybody else went so nobody had to sit about.... seems silly to do it before

Gail x

Our group always share SotW
New members get basic talk of about 20min at start while others weighing-in and then do rest after group finished.
Our consultant is very strict about new members turning up on time if they miss start of talk they have to wait to end to do whole intro bit.

Our group shares Slimmer of the Week too. Our class is also really busy so often the consultant does the new member speech before class and is still ready on time for image therapy.

Our consultant deals with the new members before image therapy, but makes sure she's finished by the image therapy start time, and tells new members they can speak to her afterwards if they have any further queries, which seems a fair way of doing it.

With Slimmer of the Week it gets split if two people have the same weight loss and have both maintained or lost the previous week.

I'm tempted to mention it to the area manager as I know a lot of people don't stay to class as they spend most of it waiting around and the consultant herself doesn't seem to take any comments on board - I've tried before!

What's image therapy?

At my class the c just went through everybodies weight loss and what they wanted to loose the following week and that was it.

Quite different to ww as we used to share tips and recipes etc

Gail x

At our group they share the sotw if there is more than one. Also we have 30 mins WI time and the new members talk is during this time. If any new members turn up too late for her to do it before image therapy starts then she will do it at the end. We never start late although some members are rude enough to turn up after this time and expect to get weighed!

We never start late although some members are rude enough to turn up after this time and expect to get weighed!

I think that's my biggest bugbear at the group I'm moving on from. There have been times when the weighing has taken nearly an hour becasue people keep 'drifting' in. I appreciate that the more people attending the group, the more the consultant earns and for many it is their only job, but it's bl***y irritating for those of us who do turn up on time.

I understand that not everyone can make the 'proper' start time, but surely they can slip in to the meeting and get weighed at the end?

Sorry for the whinge xx

I think that's my biggest bugbear at the group I'm moving on from. There have been times when the weighing has taken nearly an hour becasue people keep 'drifting' in. I appreciate that the more people attending the group, the more the consultant earns and for many it is their only job, but it's bl***y irritating for those of us who do turn up on time.

I understand that not everyone can make the 'proper' start time, but surely they can slip in to the meeting and get weighed at the end?

Sorry for the whinge xx
Yes and more annoyingly, when our class finishes there is another straight after so if they are late why can't they just wait?

Sorry for the whinge xx

I know I've only been to one wi :)D) but that really pee'd me off at my class... I'm always on time (even with new born twins I was on time everywhere) and my class wasn't busy but there were people turning up 45 mins late and getting weighed and I wondered what time I was going to get home. My class started at 7pm and I left at 9pm.... :confused:

My consultant runs 4 classes in one day but everyone is made to feel as if she has all the time in the world for you. Weigh in is for half an hour then image therapy follows on from that for an hour. I think finding a class with a great consultant is luck of the drawer and consider myself lucky to have mine. So many in my classes have lost huge amounts of weight and our class is in the top 250 in the country so she must be doing something right. If you can find another class in your area maybe you should try changing and see if you feel more positive at that one.

There aren't anymore in my area which is a shame, the majority of people there have said they're mostly there for the support of the other members as nobody feels they get anything from the consultant. Shame really as the consultant before her was excellent when I used to go a couple of years ago - I stopped going when she started then realised I still needed a class to stop scoffing!

Back