Slimmer Of The Year 2007 Question?

LemonLegs

CDC - LIVERPOOL
Morning everyone,

I went along to the conference yesterday and when they announced the winner who they said was Tracey Murray, a picture of Tracey Broderick appeard on the screen. Tracey Murray went up for the award but Tracey Broderick was sitting behind me in fits of laughter?? So after reading this I'm very confused.

Can anyone else help?

Sam

The Winner was Tracey Broderick!

Are you sure because she was only on the row behind me and she definitely did not get up for the award? or did I miss something?

x Sam

This was from one of the semi-finalists -

After about 60 of us got our semi-finalist certificates, our own Trace (Tracey Broderick) was called up as one of 12 finalists, along with another lady called Tracey whose surname escapes me, for which I sincerely apologise - she had a fabulous story to tell and thoroughly deserved to be a finalist.

BUT... when it came to announcing Slimmer of the Year, the other Tracey's name was called, only to be accompanied by Tracey Broderick's photograph on the big screen. The other Tracey went up onto the stage whilst everyone looked confused but no one did anything about it, although the Tracey whose name that was called was quickly bundled off the stage with no certificate being presented and no photos taken, most unusually, and everyone was distracted by ticker tape explosions. The whole team of Cambridge staff looked panicked and suddenly all of them disappeared as if a bomb had gone off. The whole time, Tracey Broderick's picture was flashed on and then off the screen, as the Tracey whose name that had been called was ushered back to her seat with a minimum of fuss.

that must have been awful for that woman

The whole post on the Cambridge Forum by a semi-finalist -

"Just returned from the Cambridge conference and what should have been a lovely day, but which was spoiled by a cock up of MAMMOTH proportions that no one had the balls to rectify.

After about 60 of us got our semi-finalist certificates, our own Trace (Tracey Broderick) was called up as one of 12 finalists, along with another lady called Tracey whose surname escapes me, for which I sincerely apologise - she had a fabulous story to tell and thoroughly deserved to be a finalist.

BUT... when it came to announcing Slimmer of the Year, the other Tracey's name was called, only to be accompanied by Tracey Broderick's photograph on the big screen. The other Tracey went up onto the stage whilst everyone looked confused but no one did anything about it, although the Tracey whose name that was called was quickly bundled off the stage with no certificate being presented and no photos taken, most unusually, and everyone was distracted by ticker tape explosions. The whole team of Cambridge staff looked panicked and suddenly all of them disappeared as if a bomb had gone off. The whole time, Tracey Broderick's picture was flashed on and then off the screen, as the Tracey whose name that had been called was ushered back to her seat with a minimum of fuss.

Another semi-finalist that I had travelled with took it upon herself to ask one of the senior team what had gone on and was told 'don't mention it - the wrong name was put into the envelope' and another later confirmed that it had been Tracey Broderick's name that had been on the winner's certificate! Yet the MD then calmly got on the stage and started crapping on about planting an acorn to help the planet in the name of Cambridge and pretended it hadn't happened.

I haven't posted this message to diminish in any way what the other Tracey's achievements were - if you're reading this Tracey, your story and achievements were amazing and I apologise wholeheartedly for forgetting your surname. I feel for you and the way you were treated, bundled back to your seat with no fanfare and no photograph. It shouldn't have been allowed to happen.

But guys, the winner today was Tracey Broderick and the Cambridge management should be ashamed that no one stepped in to correct the mistake as it made a mockery of what should have been a wonderful day for a lot of people. If this post gets me barred from the board (or just deleted) I'll be gutted and will miss my online friends but someone has to say it!
mad.gif
"

Thank you SO MUCH for explaining everything. I think everyone who got through did brilliantly, all their stories were truly inspirational. A massive congratulations to Tracey Broderick, I thought she looked amazing, she must feel so proud of herself.

Thanks again STBG x

Sam

I had to travel back home to Liverpool as soon as the conference finished at around 5pm so didnt have time to hang around. ( I wish I did now) From reading the posts here and on the on the other forum it looks like there was a lot of confusion going on. I feel really sorry for Tracey Murray having to go through all that and I feel really sorry for Tracey Broderick missing her moment because a lot of people were leaving in their cars by 5.30pm We were all asking each other what was going on including Tracey B and no-one had a clue.

There was a hell of a lot of work that went into putting the conference together and it seems such a shame that it finished like this.

x Sam

Hi, everybody - i've just arrived home from the conference this morning. Yes, I can safely confirm that Tracey Broderick won. Tracey Murray's name was called out mistakenly. To be fair, they did announce the 'real' winner during the evening meal, and made the presentation. They also sat and talked to Tracey Murray for quite a while afterwards, and, as far as i'm aware, offered her a 'prize' as a goodwill gesture.

It was a shame that the announcement was messed up, as it was a really good day - very professionally done. However, the staff were suitably mortified, and did their best to rectify the situation.

Jo x

I agree with justjo the day in my view was really well organised apart from slip up at the end. The situation was rectified in the evening due and apologies were made but at the end of the day it was a terrible mistake but we are all human and occasionally we all make mistakes. Hopefully Tracey Murrey will enjoy her trip that she has been promised as a goodwill for Cambridges mistake and next year will be entered back into SLimmer of the year 2008 when she completes her weightloss Journey.

Congratulations to Tracey Broderick, you looked fab and hope you enjoy your trip to Vietnam.

It was lovely meeting some fellow minimins and you have all done soo well and are great inspiration to many.

Our own Rita and Alan on minis were runners up in the final and looked fab. Well done xx
julesrush
cdc norwich

Hello, I am Nicky, Tracey B's counsellor.... we had a long talk with the Cambridge team about how the error occured.

As other posters have said it was a genuine mistake, although a big one, it was a mistake and as Jo said all the Cambridge staff were genuinely upset at what happened. I think you will agree with me that Cambridge is a brand we all love & trust and they will do their best to put things right for Tracey Murrey, she will be going on a trip to Europe & hopefully next year will complete her weight loss journey & be able to enter the competition again. Tracey if you read this we are all thinking of you & hope this does not hinder your weight loss journey any, you are doing fantastically.

Tracey B is delighted at winning & we are looking forward to our trip. Although she missed her presentation in the daytime she managed to stand on the stage in her beautiful evening dress (Trace you looked georgous girl!)

It was great to meet so many of you. I had a wonderful day & my feet are hurting from so much dancing!

Nicky

As Nicky said it was such a massive shame but it was a mistake and I always say mistakes happen and it is how you deal with them that counts. The fact Cambridge are so upset and are going to do "whatever" it takes to help out is all they can do, and I for one look forward to seeing Tracey at next years conference where I would expect her to be pushing for a title :)

BIG congrats to Tracey B, you deserved it and did very well.

Also BIG congrats to CD Counsellor (Linda) who not only got her 20 year service award but she was also announced as Sponsor Of The Year, Linda is my sponsor and has always been there to support me and I thank her for that and congrats.

And!! Another BIG congrats to Katie Perks who has post on here who was Slimmer of the Year 2 years ago, she was announced counsellor of the year and has done brilliantly.

And!!! To Laurence and his wife who were both voted new counsellors of the year you also deserved it and your enthusiam towards the diet is fantastic and well done.

AND!! To the four winners of the inspiration awards, your stories moved the room and your strength and courage should be a light for all.

It really was a great day apart from the mistake and the success of so many (including both Tracey's!!) is what really matters and I look forward to next year where we at Cambridge can continue to make the world a smaller place.

To be fair, they did announce the 'real' winner during the evening meal, and made the presentation. They also sat and talked to Tracey Murray for quite a while afterwards, and, as far as i'm aware, offered her a 'prize' as a goodwill gesture.

That's good to hear :clap: I'm glad they didn't make a big thing of the error in front of everybody...that would have been even more embarrassing for Tracey in my opinion.

Well done t'other Tracey :clap:

Glad to hear you all had a fab time :)

It was a great day and I just wanted to say a massive well done to both Traceys, you have achieved so much !!!

It was lovely to meet a few of you over the weekend - nice to put real names to faces and you all looked great.

A special thank you to both Traceys who have been absolutely amazing and understanding about the mix up......we cannot apologise enough and thank you both for your understaning - you have both been unbelievably great.

Tracey Murray and her husband will be going for a long break to a European destination of their choice and she is more determined than ever to finish her weight loss journey and enter next years competition.

Congratulations to Tracey Broderick - you have done extremely well and looked amazing at the Gala dinner.

Many thanks, Kerensa

Hi Everyone,

Tracey Broderick here :D I don't think I have posted here before although I do ALWAYS read your FAB posts, I just wanted to Thank all you lovely lot for you kind words regarding Slimmer of the Year.

I had a FAB weekend got very Drunk but hey :D

Anyway just want to Thank you all again, take care guys and maybe I will be brave enough to post a bit more on your FAB site.;);)

Lots of Huggles to you all

Trace xxx:king2:

Not that I am stalking you Trace but I keep checking to see what everyone is saying!

You did fantastically & I am so proud of you!

Nicky
(CDC to Slimmer of the Year!!!!!!!!!)

Hee hee, How funny Nicky - I thought I should Thank everyone for being so NICE to me:party0011:

As I've said in other posts I think we should all give ourselves a Big Pat on the Back cos we are all WINNERS:happy096:

Thanks again Nicky you Loon:gen144:

Think I might have gone a bit over the top with the smilie's Tee hee:talk017:

Hi Trace,

You looked every tiny little inch of you a complete winner on Saturday night and I have the photos to prove it! I am very pround of my photo with you , and it was an honour to share the dancefloor with you , and unfortuantely a hangover on Sunday morning!
I will tell everyone I meet look this is me with the Cambridge Diet Slimmer of the year ! Shes famous you know! And shes fab!
You were a true star on Saturday night ,complete;ly at ease, your smile was just permanently there and you glowed with absolute happiness,, it was lovely to see you get your well deserved award looking sensational in your evening dress, PERFECT!!!

Back