slimmers with lots of stones to lose??

Just worked out that when I reach target I will have lost 43.5% of my starting weight! If I'd looked at it that way in the 1st place it would have seemed far too daunting. 36% gone so far which I find staggering.

sounds great when you look at it that way well done

i only lost 1lb again this week dont really know why expected a bit more keeping a diary again this week to make sure

Hi All, I have about 6 or 7 stones to lose. I have decided to set a mini goal which is to lose 4 stones by christmas. If I do my OH is taking me out for a nice meal :)

It's been brilliant reading this thread and is pushing me on to stick to SW, well done everyone on their losses! I need to lose about 9 stone and have lost 1 st 3lb so far (weigh in tomorrow) my goal at the moment is to buy a pretty waterproof in December, it sounds silly, but I've just moved to Scotland so i need one and all the ones in the shops only go up to a size 16 and at22/24 I either have to buy a plain one or a mans one. I like getting the stickers too, I've not set a target yet, I'm just going to collect them until I've lost a lot more :)

Well done everyone & good luck carrying on to all of us. ;)

I lost 1lb this week so reached my first stone off. Whoop whoop.

Here we go again & hopefully more losses next week. ( My birthday's on Tuesday so that might cause a slight hic up!! )

Xx

mrsthunderbolt said:
It's took me 58 weeks so far. I've been on Minimins more or less since the start, the support on here really helps.

Did you do exercise while on sw

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I started at 25 stones nearly two years ago, and now I've lost about 9 stones. Slowly, steadily - making real changes and not rushing it. I'm feeling good about my progress. I set myself small goals, like aiming for 2 lbs a week. I also weigh in every day now and log it on my calendar, which really helps. It takes the pressure off the once a week weigh-in, and I see trends much more clearly. I'm not obsessive about weighing in, get on the scales each morning, write down the number and forget about it. But it keeps me focused for sure.

I do think time makes a difference - I see so many people come and go, and to be honest, very few people are here for the long haul. Slow and steady seems to stick. I'm honestly prouder of losing weight for two years and keeping it off than the actual number. But yeah, I started with a HUGE amount of weight to lose, which was really tough. And I am still fatter than most people who start here, but - I feel good about my progress...:)

I started at 25 stones nearly two years ago, and now I've lost about 9 stones. Slowly, steadily - making real changes and not rushing it. I'm feeling good about my progress. I set myself small goals, like aiming for 2 lbs a week. I also weigh in every day now and log it on my calendar, which really helps. It takes the pressure off the once a week weigh-in, and I see trends much more clearly. I'm not obsessive about weighing in, get on the scales each morning, write down the number and forget about it. But it keeps me focused for sure. I do think time makes a difference - I see so many people come and go, and to be honest, very few people are here for the long haul. Slow and steady seems to stick. I'm honestly prouder of losing weight for two years and keeping it off than the actual number. But yeah, I started with a HUGE amount of weight to lose, which was really tough. And I am still fatter than most people who start here, but - I feel good about my progress...:)
That was really inspiring. Nobody sets out to gain it all back once they lose it, but it obviously happens a lot. You must get a pretty tremendous round of applause every week when your total weight loss is announced.So far I'm finding it is coming off disturbingly easy, but I am sticking 100% and have since I started. When I reach a point in which I am happy, I hope I can relax, but allow myself some of the pleasures that I have denied myself. Having pizza, kebabs, fish and chips, crisps and white bread like normal people, being able to do so in moderation. You don't get fat having the occasional take out, you do having it four times a week.I suppose it might be like alcoholism though, it isn't possible to satisfy your needs with one.There are certain lessons that are with me for life now, even if I part waves with SW. 1/3 superfree, lots of fruit n veg, fry lite, suger free drinks and lean meats are here to stay.

Please can I join the thread? I started out 6 months ago at 19st and am now 18st I have left group as I just got no support at all and have not stuck to it at all - am lucky to have not put it all back on.

I am starting today fresh over - its the start of a new me! It's so nice to see success stories and I want one of my own lol

My first mini goal is to be in the 16 stones by the 19th of August so just over a stone to loose. X

I'd like to join too - seems endless and impossible at the moment so I'm going for one little goal at a time! To see the 16s again is the first one.

I'd like to join too - seems endless and impossible at the moment so I'm going for one little goal at a time! To see the 16s again is the first one.

I unofficially weighed myself this morning. 16st13, the first time i have seen the 16s for fifteen years at least, and then it was only for a temporary period.

hi, i'm trying to break it down into little goals but not been making much progress recently. next goal is 1.5stone award/club 10 (half lb difference) though i've lost 2 stone in reality. i joined SW to keep myself motivated and focussed and although i've not lost anything for a few weeks i swore i wasn't going to stop going til i was done. i know i would have gained it back by now if it wasn't for the (currently humiliating) weigh ins. i'm also doing c25k. it's taken me longer than the 9 weeks due to taking 4 weeks off altogether throughout it :-/ but i've never repeated a day, taking 2 weeks off and then moving on to the next session and managing it has been fab for confidence. i am going to repeat week 8 though from tomorrow. i'm possibly the slowest runner on the face of the earth, but i can run for half an hour and i wouldnt have believed it of myself 3 months ago. time for it to start getting the weight off!

Hi, this is my first post on here :) I too have a lot of weight to lose, anything between 8.5 and 10 stone, seems like a very far off target!! I have been on the plan for two weeks now and have lost 6lbs. Which I am happy about, but it seems to be coming off very slowly considering how much weight I have to lose. I have stuck to the plan religiously, is anyone else noticing a slow start?

Rachael x

6lbs in two weeks is an excellent loss though - slow and steady is the way to go. Anything from 1-2lbs is good, to be honest.

3lbs a week would be an almost eleven stone loss in just twelve months, think of it that way. You didn't put those eleven stones on in just a year!

Hello all a newbie here! I joined slimming world last week after finally breaking down and letting my PCOS diagnosis sink in. My PCOS has been trying to be diagnosed for the past 3-4 years and finally was confirmed by the gyno at the hospital in May. My boyfriend made me a deal that if I lost weight every week he'd pay for my slimming world classes and it's been my first week and I've already lost 7lb which is amazing I never thought the diet would work for me as PCOS makes weight loss more difficult. I have a lot of weight to lose but I have my goals in sight as my boyfriends parents have invited me to go to China with them and I do not want to be 22 stones while trying to squeeze into a plane seat and walk around the narrow streets in China. My main goal however is not to be fat on my graduation pictures so that gives me a good 2 years to lose the weight. Feeling very positive have been eating better than I ever have since becoming a student and feeling much better for it too.

I aim for the stickers as mini targets. My main interims at club are Club 10, 14st to get me to 'overweight' range, 11st to get me to 'healthy' and then 9st 6lb to my goal...I might increase my goal though if I get to the size I want before then, though!
I'm also part of two challenge groups as you can see from my signature.

I think it helps to have lots of different kinds of targets for yourself and different rewards for yourself. I've had SotW and half stone so far but haven't really rewarded myself! I must talk about this to the bf, hehe.

Hello all a newbie here! I joined slimming world last week after finally breaking down and letting my PCOS diagnosis sink in. My PCOS has been trying to be diagnosed for the past 3-4 years and finally was confirmed by the gyno at the hospital in May. My boyfriend made me a deal that if I lost weight every week he'd pay for my slimming world classes and it's been my first week and I've already lost 7lb which is amazing I never thought the diet would work for me as PCOS makes weight loss more difficult. I have a lot of weight to lose but I have my goals in sight as my boyfriends parents have invited me to go to China with them and I do not want to be 22 stones while trying to squeeze into a plane seat and walk around the narrow streets in China. My main goal however is not to be fat on my graduation pictures so that gives me a good 2 years to lose the weight. Feeling very positive have been eating better than I ever have since becoming a student and feeling much better for it too.

You can do it. I started out at 21st9 at first weigh in on march the 7th, now, a few months later I am 17st3. SW does work. I have been 100% for the entire time. Have your sync etc, but dedicate yourself to it.

Hi, this is my first post on here :) I too have a lot of weight to lose, anything between 8.5 and 10 stone, seems like a very far off target!! I have been on the plan for two weeks now and have lost 6lbs. Which I am happy about, but it seems to be coming off very slowly considering how much weight I have to lose. I have stuck to the plan religiously, is anyone else noticing a slow start?

Rachael x

Build in some exercise. Because you are carrying so much weight the calorie burn off is much higher than a leaner person. Think of it as a "buy one, get one free", if you want to speed yourself up, don't skimp on the food, it doesn't work. I do find I have better losses when I cut down the big staples like potatoes.

I up my superfree quite a lot. For instance today I had a couple of sausages (half fat from morrisons, not s good as tescos reduced fat ones), a third of my plate with salad ( lettuce, tomatoes and pickled cabbage) a this of the plate with fried mushrooms and an onion, and just under a third of the plate with baked beans. Beans + Sausages equal 1/3 and 2/3 superfree.

You can do it. I started out at 21st9 at first weigh in on march the 7th, now, a few months later I am 17st3. SW does work. I have been 100% for the entire time. Have your sync etc, but dedicate yourself to it.

Thanks for the encouragement :) I'm feeling very excited about the diet. As I have such a hectic life at Uni I think this plan will fit in better with my lifestyle where as WW didn't and ultimately I failed as I didn't have the time to clart about weighing every little thing that touched my lips. Thankfully SW is more forgiving and I only need to weigh the important stuff. I'm eating risotto, turkey burgers and chips, rice, pasta all the food that seemed ridiculously high points on WW and out of bounds. I am balancing it out with a lot of fruit and veg so I'm not overloading on the carbs which as a PCOS sufferer I should be careful of. I love the reward certificates/stickers it gave me a huge boost and made me feel great. I am looking forward to see how my weight loss goes the next week or two as I am very close to my time of the month and I feel very bloated. I really need to slowly work on exercise. What exercise would you recommend to start off with at this larger size? I'm lucky to not really get pain in my legs or back but I do get out of breath faster and take a few stops when walking.

Last edited:
Thanks for the encouragement :) I'm feeling very excited about the diet. As I have such a hectic life at Uni I think this plan will fit in better with my lifestyle where as WW didn't and ultimately I failed as I didn't have the time to clart about weighing every little thing that touched my lips. Thankfully SW is more forgiving and I only need to weigh the important stuff. I'm eating risotto, turkey burgers and chips, rice, pasta all the food that seemed ridiculously high points on WW and out of bounds. I am balancing it out with a lot of fruit and veg so I'm not overloading on the carbs which as a PCOS sufferer I should be careful of. I love the reward certificates/stickers it gave me a huge boost and made me feel great. I am looking forward to see how my weight loss goes the next week or two as I am very close to my time of the month and I feel very bloated. I really need to slowly work on exercise. What exercise would you recommend to start off with at this larger size? I'm lucky to not really get pain in my legs or back but I do get out of breath faster and take a few stops when walking.

Again, similar to you in terms of fitness. I started couch to 5k programme, sponsered by the nhs,
at the same time as SW.

Back