slimmers with lots of stones to lose??

Cycling is good exercise, you can build up how far you go very quickly. My aim is to go from about the 6 miles I can comfortably manage now to 20 miles by the end of the school holiday - that's with my kids!

only a 1lb loss again this week but didnt stick to it 100% due to being Ill since last thursday but im a muslim so will be fasting the month of ramadan from friday so not sure how my lossses will go but wish me luck

Good luck Nadia! I have no idea how fasting affects weight-loss. Will you have big meal when you break your fast or can you have smaller meals over a number of hours?

Good luck Nadia! I have no idea how fasting affects weight-loss. Will you have big meal when you break your fast or can you have smaller meals over a number of hours?

you can but to be honest u fill very easily and if overeat can be sick so just tend to have smaller poriton sizes during the week cos of hubbys work we will be going to bed only 1 hr after eating which i know u shouldnt but we have to but then eat at 2 am but at weekends we tend to stay up so then can eat a bit more if need to between them hpurs

Walking was my chief form of exercise - I got a pedometer and aim to walk 10k steps every day. It's a lot and means for me about 80 minutes of walking. Would recommend that for people who have a lot of weight to lose as a starting point, because it also makes you feel better being out and about. Also it's easy - just wear a good pair of walking shoes and away you go :)

Thanks for all the advice guys, does anybody have any advice on keeping food costs down? My food bill over the past 2 weeks has been unbelievable and when I go back to Uni I won't be able to keep up this level of spending.

I second this, everything is so expensive when you have to buy things fresh. My wine bill has been significantly reduced though :)

Thanks for all the advice guys, does anybody have any advice on keeping food costs down? My food bill over the past 2 weeks has been unbelievable and when I go back to Uni I won't be able to keep up this level of spending.

It is more expensive. I try to eat simple unprocessed foods quite a lot (eggs, beans etc). Also 'eating the seasons' - eating whatever fruit/veg is in stock. The other thing I do is to cook a casserole/slow cooker meal at least once a week which will give me four or five helpings. I like a sweet potato/black bean chili dish, which is very cheap.

You can do it, it just takes more planning and thought, I think!

Only 3lb from my stone and 4lb from a new number! I really want it this week! x

I have 8st to lose and am setting targets of 5lbs. I know it isn't much but it's small victories that will keep me going :D

So many inspiring people on here! Really keeps me motivated!

Only 3lb from my stone and 4lb from a new number! I really want it this week! x

I am excited for next week, I need to lose 3lbs to get my 5 stone award which equates to 70lbs. I can already visualise my next targets, 77 for 5 1/2 st 80 for the round figure 84 for the six stone and then it's the countdown to the big 100.

Lovespace said:

Under the menus on the actual slimming world site you can choose to do a 'student' week. Gives you a meal plan for three meals a day for a whole week and the cost comes to around £30 from tesco...you could probably reduce that with shopping at aldi and stuff.

I am excited for next week, I need to lose 3lbs to get my 5 stone award which equates to 70lbs. I can already visualise my next targets, 77 for 5 1/2 st 80 for the round figure 84 for the six stone and then it's the countdown to the big 100.

Thats brilliant weight loss, cant wait till I can feel the benefit of losing 5 stone. My big target is next year to be in a bikini for holidays! lol, small targets are 2 stone by october 1st. and 4 stone by december 1st!! :D

I feel really motivated this week, am determined to lose 2.5lbs at least so I get my 2 1/2 stone award. The stickers do really motivate me!!

I'm only 1lb away from my first stone, MrL got his last week, that's spurring me on!

Honey39 said:
I started at 25 stones nearly two years ago, and now I've lost about 9 stones. Slowly, steadily - making real changes and not rushing it. I'm feeling good about my progress. I set myself small goals, like aiming for 2 lbs a week. I also weigh in every day now and log it on my calendar, which really helps. It takes the pressure off the once a week weigh-in, and I see trends much more clearly. I'm not obsessive about weighing in, get on the scales each morning, write down the number and forget about it. But it keeps me focused for sure.

I do think time makes a difference - I see so many people come and go, and to be honest, very few people are here for the long haul. Slow and steady seems to stick. I'm honestly prouder of losing weight for two years and keeping it off than the actual number. But yeah, I started with a HUGE amount of weight to lose, which was really tough. And I am still fatter than most people who start here, but - I feel good about my progress...:)

I have found very few are in for long haul i had 3 st to lose so not a mega amount got 1 st left been on it since jan and at my Group only a few of the faces stay the Same but im sticking with it even when i get to goal .... Why not its Free once at goal well done so far we will get there

Back