slimmers with lots of stones to lose??

Lovespace said:
Thanks for all the advice guys, does anybody have any advice on keeping food costs down? My food bill over the past 2 weeks has been unbelievable and when I go back to Uni I won't be able to keep up this level of spending.

I use farmfoods and Aldi frozen meat and Veg and fish from farmfoods just remember to trim the fat on meat and dont get tempted by the junk fresh meat fruit and Veg at Aldi Is all cheap as Is their fat Free natural yog and only 55p a 500g tub i just buy that use it in currys dips marinades or just add coconut flavourings and sweetener for a syn Free treat they do low syn crisps too their versions of skips frenchfries are good and 1 pound a 10 pack eggs are a great meal option cheap and tasty ham and eggs with tomato are a fave brekkie and egg chips and beans and fruit salad are a good filling tea tatty ash and other stews are really good tasty cheap and give you a warm feeling in your tummy too (my ultimate comfort food)

Last edited:
I managed to lose 4.5 pounds today, and i was quite naughty over the weekend. am very happy!! 3.5 pounds away from my first stone!! :D x

I managed to lose 4.5 pounds today, and i was quite naughty over the weekend. am very happy!! 3.5 pounds away from my first stone!! :D x

Thats great weight loss, well done :) x

Congrats hon thats a great effort :)

Im now firmly back on plan and after losing 10lb last week (was my first week back so most of that was water tbh) i am 2lb down again this week so far so hoping for a good loss by saturday morning.

Fingers crossed for all of us :)

i lost 2.5lb this week only 1.5 away from my 2 stone hopefully next week :)

Paul_Farnham_uk said:
Congrats hon thats a great effort :)

Im now firmly back on plan and after losing 10lb last week (was my first week back so most of that was water tbh) i am 2lb down again this week so far so hoping for a good loss by saturday morning.

Fingers crossed for all of us :)

Paul you are going great.

Rachael_Murphy said:

Well done. 1st will be with you in no time.

I also have a lot to lose and I start with 2 targets at a time. My first goal was set the night before I joined, I wanted to lose 1 stone for my birthday on the 6th september. mY 2nd goal was to lose half stone which I done in my 1st week, losing 9lbs. this really spared me on. I have already achieved these, so Im now hoping to have 1.5 stone for my birthday. I want to lose 3 stone by november when my wee neice or nephew is due! Then by xmas I want 4 stone off.

I know im heading in the right direction. good luck to everyone!!!

not been on for a bit due to problems but since my last visit got my 2 stone and then today gfot my club 10 award lost 2st5 so far so still got a way but hope to get my 2 and 1/2 next week :)

NadiaH79 said:
not been on for a bit due to problems but since my last visit got my 2 stone and then today gfot my club 10 award lost 2st5 so far so still got a way but hope to get my 2 and 1/2 next week :)

That's fantastic, well done you!!!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Ok if I join you guys??

Ive got lots to lose but no idea what my final target will be :)

Kat. said:
I have a total of 9st 11lbs to lose. I am going in 10%'s

Is there an actual target weight chart that slimming world has? Say to get to your healthy bmi? How did you work yours out kat ?

Ok if I join you guys??

Ive got lots to lose but no idea what my final target will be :)

I was the same, I never really had a target until i was about three stone down. It was the first time i had dieted I had no idea what to realistically expect. I knew by the BMI charts what was considered a healthy weight, but it seemed so far away, an impossible sounding target.

To be bang on in the middle of a healthy BMI, 22.5, the calculator said I needed to be 11st 7. I was 21st 9. Ten stone seemed like an extraordinary and unrealistic amount of weight to lose. To set that as my target would have just been depressing, even with amazing weight loss it would seem just too far ahead. Setting myself up to fail.

My first real big target was to get myself under BMI of 40, and then 35, and then 30. 30 was great as I had passed obesity!!

Back