slimmers with lots of stones to lose??

This thread has been really useful - I start SW tonight so not sure what to expect but thing 1/2 stone targets sounds manageable!

Hi Chomp, How did you find your first meeting?

I'm in West Yorkshire too, have been to several different meetings in the past but have now decided to attend a Saturday morning group as then I have no excuses because evening groups weren't working out for me and this Saturday group is literally opposite my house.

I lost 5lb in my first week which I am happy with. I've lost bigger amounts in previous first weeks but then I've put too much pressure on myself and in the end failed so I'm just going to take it bit by bit this time and any loss is a positive.

I have 6 and a 1/2 stone to lose to get to my interim target, think my final target will be 8 and a 1/2 stone but mainly I want to be happy with my shape not my weight so only time will tell. Taking this journey one day at a time

Also 6 stone to lose here, although probably will be happier with 8 stone lost. It feels like a long way to go.

Hi Chomp, How did you find your first meeting?

First meeting was okay - I went to the later meeting (there's two for us on a Thursday) and this isnt the meeting I will usually go to as my family (it's now a family hobby) go to the earlier one but OH coulodn't make the early one this week.

I found the leader tolerable, but that's no backhanded slur on my part, I was never going to LOOOOOVE something like group therapy ;) it's a best case scenario.

Really enjoying the challenge coming up with different meals for me and OH actually!

Hey guys,

ive just joined few days into my first week so trying to get my head around it. I've a lot to loose so will take it a step at a time.

Hi, I have joined up again and have set my first target at just over 3 stone that will take me from 23st 3 to 19st 13. If I can get to under 20 that would be a good incentive to carry on. I lost over 5 stone on it last time so I know it's do-able.

Hi folks, I started SW on 12th Nov and have lost 23 lbs (as of last weigh in) which I'm fair chuffed with. I'm currently 17st 4 so heading towards my Club 10. I will then have at least another 6st to target so in it for the long haul. Hopefully we can help spur each other on.

I'm going for half my body weight - 12st 2lbs and yes it sounds like a huuuuge amount but it'll be so worth it!

I've got just under 11st to loose. I lost 3st last year but put about 2 of it back on again. I went on a shopping spree every stone for new clothes, sadly they don't fit me anymore, but they will!! I'm going to punish myself by not buying any new clothes until I've got back on track and caught up to where I was last summer, I'm nearly halfway there. Then I will celebrate every stone with new clothes. My first BIG target is 20st, my weight before I got pregnant with my daughter 3yrs ago. Then my next big target is 17st, my weight after I had my son 13yrs ago (to think, back then I was ashamed and embarrassed of my weight, and look at me now). Then my next goal is my weight before my son was born 13st, and finally my ultimate target of 12st. I was probably 12yrs old the last time I weighed 12st.

Hi All, can I please join you? In August 2014 I weighed in at my heaviest at 20st 2lb. By January 2015 I weighed 17st 2lb having lost 3 stones. Since then I have been enjoying my food a little too much :oops: and on 4th January this year I weighed in at 19st 3.5lb.

So mad with myself but, hey, I know what I need to do so have dug my heels in again and this week have managed a 5.5lb loss.

I do have a really long way to go but I found it helped me to just set my sights on 7lbs at a time rather than looking at the big picture as it can look a mammoth task all together.

Anyway good luck everyone lets all stick to it together.:)

Agree that the shorter term goal setting helps, I concentrate on getting that next certificate. If I look at the bigger picture, I can get overwhelmed!!
I also prefer to reward myself with non-food treats like a piece of jewellery or something I've had my eye on

Well done on the weight loss ohhowiwish. Its nice to have a diet break every now and again, just didn't mean for mine to last so long lol, but heads down and we can do it

Well done on the weight loss ohhowiwish. Its nice to have a diet break every now and again, just didn't mean for mine to last so long lol, but heads down and we can do it

Hi Jhsax, thank you very much and well done on your loss too, keep it up :)

I started 2 years ago weighing 22stone exactly. I made myself a spreadsheet up with LOADS of different goals - 5% of my body weight, half stones, BMI ranges, big chunks (25lb 50lb 75lb etc) and it worked a treat, I always had a small goal to aim for.

BUT when I got to 5 and a 1/2 stone off I told people I was half way there and it all went wrong, I think because I just couldn't cope with having such a distant target. I've wobbled for the last year, I got half a stone more off and since then have gained 2! I'm now at a 4 1/2 stone loss with no real end target in mind and have gone back to looking at the next little success - at the moment the next one is to regain my 5stone award. Hope that made sense!
That is when I start to struggle when people tell me I'm half way there or almost there, it's as though I then find my old habits more acceptable xx

I need and WANT to loose OVER 1/2 my body weight I had lost over 4 stone last summer but gained some back again. Back on SW and need to stay focused :) xxx

uh I love this ! so many tips :) I started Sw 4 weeks ago and hoping to hit my first stone mark Monday . I decide to set my goal for 4 stones ( makes me 16 st) then maybe tiny goals like 10 lb a month ..

Back