Slimming at Uni

VicLouGray

Are there anyone trying to loose weight at uni?

I'm a first year at Cardiff Uni and doing weight watchers. I'm finding that I'm struggling a bit because of my flatmates/friends attitudes towards food and alcohol. They appear to be able to just eat what they like without putting on weight (lucky them!) and obviously I can't.

I'm looking for fellow uni slimmers who I could possibly share stories with - don't have to be weight watchers.

Many thanks x

I'm no longer at uni but I found it so, so difficult to lose weight. The food onsite wasn't great and the culture of binge drinking and eating kebabs was hard to get away from. However I did lose some weight, when I moved away from halls it was a lot easier as I could pick flatmates and had more privacy...it can be done though!! It helped that I went teetotal for a bit at uni (seeing all these idiots puking everywhere and sleeping with ransoms put me off drink, funnily enough!!) good luck :) x

Thank you :) I'm not a massive drinker myself so it does make it slightly easier. I'm hoping that moving out of halls will help as I'm part catered so don't have the chance to make the most healthy choices at dinner. Determined to do it before graduation so will just have to bite the bullet

I'm trying to lose weight at uni too. Its the drinking that's my problem - Not that I drink a lot of alcohol but when I do, the first thing I reach for is the crisps and I always get pizza or McDonalds on the way home after! The big greasy fry up the next morning for the hangover cure doesn't help either. Its hard to stay motivated when all my skinny friends eat chips all day but you have to keep the end goal in mind :) Good luck xx

Thank you. I'm quite lucky most of my trips out are for a couple to the pub. But hopefully I've gone public so my friends who take me out can try and steer me away from the takeaways when I'm doing the classy stagger home.

Good luck to you too :)

Back