Slimming Down Thighs and Calves!!!!

loobyloo85

Louise
Is it possible to slim down my calves and thighs.
I have always been bigger in this department and i have lost 5st with Cambridge diet but still seem a bit bulky in this department!
Is there anything i can do to slim these down at all!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!:D

You can't target fat loss unfortunately - the only way to lose fat from any particular area is just to lose fat in general until it comes off that area (wouldn't it be lovely if we could pick where it went from?) :/

LOL it would be great! Will just have to keep trying to lose weigh but dont want to be really skinny on top and then look out of proportion on the bottom if you know what i mean!:confused:

When I lost weight, I upped the walking (having an Irish Setter to exercise) and my bum, thighs and calves really slimmed down. Walking really is the best exercise for those areas

I wish I could just target my outer and inner thighs (and stomach, hips, arms) ... otherwise my calves are still really small and so are my forearms... I'm getting all the weight in the middle. :(

Have you tried swimming? Not just a gentle leisurely back and fore, but say 32 lengths in 30 mins? I did this and lost weigh from everywhere, including my bingo wings!!!!

I've also got one of these, that I dust occasionally.

I've never really got on with mine - the DVD wouldn't work in my player and I find that my legs are like jelly after just a few minutes.

Does anyone have any advice for using it more efficiently? Eg, how many mins per day, how to build up, and how wobbly should I really feel?

Thanks

To lose fat at all, it really will take cardio and a reduced fat diet. In the meantime, while you're doing cardio and watching those pounds melt off, you can do leg exercises to tone the muscle underneath so that when the fat is gone, the legs beneath will be shapely and lovely. Bonus: Adding a weight training routine to cardio helps to burn more calories (aka, unwanted fat!).

i have toned my bum and thighs in 6 weeks just by increasing my walking...i started off with just 15 mins walk, i now do about 20 mins 3 days a week brisk walking...thats just walking my son to school and then going a longer route home.
If you have a dog or a pushchair you have an even better excuse....i felt a bit daft walking around and round the village as i dont have either. Enjoy the lovely autmn fresh air too :D

Back