Slimming Down Thighs and Calves!!!!

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by loobyloo85, 22 July 2007 Social URL.

1. loobyloo85

loobyloo85 Louise

Start Weight:
    17st11lb
    Current Weight:
    16st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(9.64%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Is it possible to slim down my calves and thighs.
    I have always been bigger in this department and i have lost 5st with Cambridge diet but still seem a bit bulky in this department!
    Is there anything i can do to slim these down at all!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!:D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Kate

Kate CDC/PT/PITA

You can't target fat loss unfortunately - the only way to lose fat from any particular area is just to lose fat in general until it comes off that area (wouldn't it be lovely if we could pick where it went from?) :/

4. loobyloo85

loobyloo85 Louise

Start Weight:
    17st11lb
    Current Weight:
    16st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(9.64%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    LOL it would be great! Will just have to keep trying to lose weigh but dont want to be really skinny on top and then look out of proportion on the bottom if you know what i mean!:confused:

5. Redpam

Redpam Living the Life

Start Weight:
    0st0lb
    Current Weight:
    0st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    0st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(NAN%)
    When I lost weight, I upped the walking (having an Irish Setter to exercise) and my bum, thighs and calves really slimmed down. Walking really is the best exercise for those areas

6. uptowndoll

uptowndoll Member

Diet:
    low fat meals, exercising weekly
    I wish I could just target my outer and inner thighs (and stomach, hips, arms) ... otherwise my calves are still really small and so are my forearms... I'm getting all the weight in the middle. :(

7. Mrs V

Mrs V Loves Life!

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st2lb(42.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Have you tried swimming? Not just a gentle leisurely back and fore, but say 32 lengths in 30 mins? I did this and lost weigh from everywhere, including my bingo wings!!!!

8. Daisydee

Daisydee FAT CELLS HAVE MEMORY!!!

Hi

I have a mini-stepper(Lateral thigh) which is great for slimming legs - makes them look really toned and very aerobic too.

Daisydee xx

9. lozzers_losing_weight

lozzers_losing_weight Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st10lb
    Current Weight:
    21st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Contemplating WLS
    lateral thigh trainer is definatly the way to go!!!

10. Amber34

Amber34 Full Member

Diet:
    Briffa/Atkins
    I've also got one of these, that I dust occasionally.

I've never really got on with mine - the DVD wouldn't work in my player and I find that my legs are like jelly after just a few minutes.

Does anyone have any advice for using it more efficiently? Eg, how many mins per day, how to build up, and how wobbly should I really feel?

Thanks

11. TwoPoundsPerWeek

TwoPoundsPerWeek Full Member

To lose fat at all, it really will take cardio and a reduced fat diet. In the meantime, while you're doing cardio and watching those pounds melt off, you can do leg exercises to tone the muscle underneath so that when the fat is gone, the legs beneath will be shapely and lovely. Bonus: Adding a weight training routine to cardio helps to burn more calories (aka, unwanted fat!).

12. dairylea

dairylea Member

i have toned my bum and thighs in 6 weeks just by increasing my walking...i started off with just 15 mins walk, i now do about 20 mins 3 days a week brisk walking...thats just walking my son to school and then going a longer route home.
    If you have a dog or a pushchair you have an even better excuse....i felt a bit daft walking around and round the village as i dont have either. Enjoy the lovely autmn fresh air too :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.