Slimming my way to chief bridesmaid

Trisha10

I started slimming on 30th Novemeber ( last week). My sister asked me to be her bridesmaid a few months ago and it is exactly a year now to her wedding and panic has set in. There is one other bridesmaid which is her bf's sister and she is a skinny size 8 if not less. So you can imagine what I would look like a size 28/30 standing next to her:eek:
We have picked the bridesmaid dresses already and got measured sometime in August past and they didn't go up to my size, very embarrassing. Our next measurements are being taken in March and i would love to be able to feel proud and say it's ok Gemma we can definitely have the dresses you want. It's either me loose weight or loose the chance to be bridesmaid because I want my sister to have her dream wedding and I don't want to be the fat one in the photos.

First week was great, had to read my books a few times and spent loads of time looking on posts on here for recipes and food ideas. Had a minor slip up on wednesday night and had a chinese but all in all I lost 10lb so a great start to a long journey. Hopefully it continues well!

Well done Trisha! What a brilliant start! :D Good luck with the rest of the journey! I'm midway through week 4 so still a newbie as well but have to say it's the most satisfying diet I've ever one.........and i've tried a few! :p

Hi there Trisha, welcome to my Chief Bridesmaid boat! I'm being one in April for my best friend, who is 5ft 9 and a very willowy size 10, alongside her sister who is at least 5ft 6 and a very athletic size 8-10.

I am 5ft 1 and a very comfortable size 16 :-(

Its not going to look good unless I put some serious hard work and effort into it! The dresses are thankfully extremely flattering, with a good deal of internal corsetry and ties - our lovely male friend who is an honorary BM (gay as xmas!) said it gave me 'a bum like JLo' :)

Shame about the rest of me!

Have joined both gym and SW in a huge attempt to really get rid of this, I've lost approximately 10.5lbs since the summer including 4.5lbs at this weeks first WI. I am to lose around 30lbs by April which is do-able but I will seriously have to make a huge amount of effort and change in my life.

Come and have a look at my diary on this page as I've got some recipes and so on, we can be bridesmaid buddies!

Hey Jo, sorry I must have missed your post and only seeing it now. Well done so far, you have made a better start than me on the exercise front, I do very little but do vow to join the gym in January/ Ferbruary. Maybe let all the new year resolutions fail first then I can join lol

Our dresses our sweetheart one's and I have a very ample chest, so hope that as a loose weight I will loose it from there.

2nd week over and another 4 lb off so got my 1st award last night and slimmer of the week, woo hoo!

Oh dear I have been very bad at not updating this. :eek:
Anyway got another 1lb off and then put 2lb on over xmas. Weigh in has now changed until a wednesday morning, so will update again in the morning. x

Forgot all about this thread until now.
I changed to ww this week as I haven't been so good with sw. I think I need the structure and discipline of being told that i can only eat so many points and thats it, no free food!
We are going on friday for the dress measurements, which i am dreading and need to decide what size to order. They can take it in 2 sizes or so and a size 30 is really a size 26 according to the assistant, so decisions decisions. I have set myself a small goal of 2lb a week loss which would give me 4st off by the wedding.

Back