slimming on referal

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by abigail09, 20 October 2008 Social URL.

1. abigail09

abigail09 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(3.13%)
    i know this has been discussed a lot on the forum and most people are aware of it but at this weeks class our consultant told us there has been changes to the sw on referal scheme,

apparently it is to become more widely available and that all areas (of england at least) will be offering it.

your bmi has to be over 30 (i think) to qualify and that gets you 12 weeks of sw for free (including joining fee!) which tops up at £59 usually.

doctors can also now offer a continuation on the slimming on referal, this is offered if you manage to loose 5% or over in 12 weeks. as far as im aware this is a new thing and docs only used to be able to prescribe 1x12 week course.

for anyone who thinks they may be able to apply for this i suggest you go and speak to your doctor as it could save you a lot of money even if they have told you that they dont do it in the past :D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Louise24

Louise24 Gold Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    Thanks hun :D

4. ChristinaS

ChristinaS Full Member

Diet:
    Herbalife
    That is very interesting - hmmm

5. mod-karen79

mod-karen79 rainbows holiday buddy :)

cartwheels to GP surgery :D

6. Claire1981

Claire1981 Is so very nearly there!

Goal Weight:
    12st2lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thats cool aint it!

I just dunno if I want to go class :/
    x

7. mod-karen79

mod-karen79 rainbows holiday buddy :)

don't bother going if you don't want to. i have to go otherwise i don't stick to it, but if i could go it alone i would.

maybe if i wasn't living at my parents it would be easier - cooking in the kitchen, etc. can be a pain.

8. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(30.4%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    I am on my second lot of 12 weeks. It has saved me £100!

9. Claire1981

Claire1981 Is so very nearly there!

Goal Weight:
    12st2lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Nah Im not going to go - I have got this far and TBH I dont know if I need it kwim?
    x

10. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(30.4%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    It's not for everyone Claire and if you can go it alone then that's great and I see no reason to change that. I, like Karen, need the weekly class to stay focussed cus I am weak!

11. Emerald

Emerald Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Do you know if you can get it if you have already joined SW? It's just my BMI is over 30 but I've already been paying out of my own pocket....

Knowing my PCT though It'd never be covered anyway hmmm.....!

Emerald
    X

12. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(30.4%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    They don't need to know you are already a member. I stopped going to class for a month then rejoined using the vouchers

13. BIG BLOOMERS

BIG BLOOMERS New Member

Start Weight:
    17st1lb
    Current Weight:
    15st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st1lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(11.72%)
    Diet:
    slimmingworld
    hi could you tell me if i were 103.2kg and now i am 99.2kg have i lost the 5% to be entitled to more vouchers as my doctors seem to think if you loose less then 5% you can get more but if you loose more then your job as a slimmer is done because you have proven to yourself apparently that you can do it but do you think the support of the class is just as important
    from big bloomers

14. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(30.4%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    I've never heard of this. When I had the vouchers I was told that as long as the classes were working I could get more vouchers. As far as I know, they only stop giving them if you stop losing weight. But individual surgeries could have a different criteria. The best thing to do is go back to the practice and say that they have been working for you but you can't afford to continue classes on your own and really need the support of the class. Good luck x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.