slimming world 4 weeks in

Hi all I joined slimming world on 17th june at a weight of 16 stone 6.5lbs
24 th june - 6
1st july - 2.5
8th july - 1.5
15th july - 6

however I am feeling a little light headed and weird, also according to my scales I have gained loads this week, any suggestions please I don't want to binge on chocolate or give up

Hi all I joined slimming world on 17th june at a weight of 16 stone 6.5lbs
24 th june - 6
1st july - 2.5
8th july - 1.5
15th july - 6

however I am feeling a little light headed and weird, also according to my scales I have gained loads this week, any suggestions please I don't want to binge on chocolate or give up

Have you been on plan this week? If you have, dont worry, you might get a bit of bounce back from the six pound loss, which is a pretty big loss.

You say you are feeling light headed, are you eating regular? Are you eating lots of fruit? You might be having blood pressure related issues. Go to your GP.

Before i started to lose weight i had pre-hyper tension blood pressure, after about a stone or so it went right down to what it should be, this can be a shock for some bodies though.

If you are sticking to plan, having your healthy extras and eating your syns you are doing everything correct.

yes I have been on plan, I have the doctors on Tuesday so will ask then, I am also retaining water this week, I know 6 last week was a lot so wont be too upset but will if I have gained lots

yes I have been on plan, I have the doctors on Tuesday so will ask then, I am also retaining water this week, I know 6 last week was a lot so wont be too upset but will if I have gained lots

If you are retaining water, its just, well, water, it will leave the body. Remember what we want to lose is fat. That's what's important. It might be a 'ladies thing', i hear that it can have an impact. Maybe you have not monitored your weight so keenly before, so you notice it. It isnt unusual for some to find the cycle of a monthly difficult week, resulting in a x2 loss the following week.

If you live in the Uk you might have had a big loss last week with the hot weather we had, as you sweat a lot more in the hot weather and body can become dehydrated. Then when temps cool the body rehydrates and you gain a little. Well thats what I told myself when this happened to me.

I assume it's * week if you say you are retaining water? This is almost guaranteed to have an effect on most of our lady members - with most having a STS or gain at WI. Don't worry it's completely normal, nothing you've done diet wise and soon rectifies itself the following week.

How often are you weighing yourself at home? Body weight fluctuates so much on a daily basis and your scales will not be calibrated like the SW ones so you will not get like-for-like results. I don't go to group any more but only weigh myself once a week, otherwise I know my weight would be all over the place.

Your WI's are really good so don't get disheartened at the first sign of a gain or STS you need to learn how to deal with these weeks as we all get them. Trust me having a choccy binge really won't make you feel any better, in fact it will be the opposite.

Good luck with your SW journey, you're doing really well! :)

Back