slimming world and 30 day shred dvd

jasminescott242

hi everyone.after so many faddy diets i am going to embark on my slimming world journey tomorrow.im hoping with all the fresh fruit etc ill get a boost of energy.with having two young kids i cant attend a gym so im hoping to give the 30day shred video a go when my little boy is at nursery.has anyone combined sw and this keep fit dvd?and with what sort of results?many thanks x

I did it Aug 2010, it wasn't in conjunction with SW i just stopped snacking, that's it, still had fish and chips about twice a week etc!

Anyway, i lost 7lbs and 5.5 inches. I can't do anything like that anymore, my wrists get really sore when i bear any weight on them so i am doing Turbofire right now, it's great.

I did it this morning actually - every time i try to do it though (i.e. consistently every day), I end up spraining something or coming down with a bug. I'm only 36 but think it must be too intensive for me.... I did level 2 this morning after months away from it, and now I'm feeling it, ouch!

I loved my 30Day shred.

I did it before my wedding... I'd lost 2 stone and couldnt really loose any more as my dress was big enough as it was.. i was doing the shred 3 times a week and running twice a week but eating basic SW (As well as treats) I didnt loose any weight on the scales in the few months running upto the wedding, but ended up having to have my dress taken in 6 inches ... So i lost in inches rather than the scales!

I did the 30 day shred 3-4 times a week over the space of a few months, in conjunction with starting SW. When it started to feel like it was getting easy I bought a Jillian Michaels box-set and now alternate her DVDs dependent on what mood I'm in. It's helped me lose 2.5 stones so far and three dress sizes in 8 months.

I've done loads of DVDs and fitness classes over the years but Jillian's are the best by far.

I'm starting the 30 day shred DVD tomorrow and I am nervous! I do Zumba once a week and swim once so im not ridiculously unfit but I'm still dreading it lol.

Fingers crossed I can still walk on Friday! Xc

Well I started it today and can say I survived! Really felt like I had a good work out. Hoping not to be too sore tomorrow though! How long should I expect it to take until I start to see any results?

I really want to do this and a few people i know have had good results and they weren't on SW. I'm far to heavy to do it right now without doing damage to my joint so need to shift abit first.

The only thing that worries me is when I've seen people say that exercise has slowed down losses....my weigh in is tomorrow at 5.30 and will have done 30 day shred beforehand. I'm just gonna drink loads of water! Xx

i started 2 days ago and i can only get 10 minutes into it before i die! but im going to do it everyday on level 1 until i can do it al the way through and then start the 30 day shred properly. hoping to see some good results x

Oh god just did day one level one....its not as horrific as I was expecting but my my my is it touch!! I can do an hour Zumba class and not feel anywhere near as worked out as I do after 20 mins with Jillian!

Just done second day of level one. Was easier than yesterday. Can really feel my stomach muscles now though! I'm just going to persevere with it!

Iv done this in the past and its excellent!! Reallt tough but defo worth it... i feel like i do more in them 25 mins than i do in a 1 hour gym sessions... i really feel that if you cant see it to begin with on the scales & that you are doing the SW plan correct it will defo work... maybe not right away but eventually.... and you defo feel better in your clothes.... think ill give it a bash again :cross:

Does it slow down weight loss? I am more interested in losing inches rather than pounds but would still like to see a big move in the scales!!

Oh dear I am in pain today after only one day!! Don't know how I'm going to get through it today- it hurts to laugh! Xx

law3a3m said:
Oh dear I am in pain today after only one day!! Don't know how I'm going to get through it today- it hurts to laugh! Xx

Keep it up, it will be worth it!!! I'm gonna prob do it 5 days out of 7 rather than ever day though. Will post how getting on. Is anyone else seeing any inch loss on it.

Back