Slimming World and calorie counting?

MetalMaiden

Has anyone doing Slimming World tried counting up their daily calories just to see? I'm curious...

I have always works out at about 1200-1400, however please please don't worry about calories while your doing sw you will drive yourself insane like I did!

Last edited:
It sounds like it would! But I loose weight so I figure I must be eating an ok amount :)

Yep must be working, I was obsessed with CCing for about month, and do you know what? For that month I gained, sts, gained and sts again! I think I was subconsciously limiting my food intake, luckily SW works in a different manner, however that may be lol

I tracked my calories for 7 months!! Using my fitness pal. I was curious lol but have given it up now ha ha. They were always between 1200-1600.....I have big portions and lots of roast dinners, fry ups etc etc....SW is perfect and there is no need to worry about calories! xx

I did it once just cos I was curious...think it worked out at about 1400. But either do one or the other, don't do both, you'll only end up frustrating yourself cos you think you can't have anymore syns cos you have had all your calories.

Ally89 said:
I did it once just cos I was curious...think it worked out at about 1400. But either do one or the other, don't do both, you'll only end up frustrating yourself cos you think you can't have anymore syns cos you have had all your calories.

I've been logging my food because I'm curious, I have got to target but was slipping so curious to see what calories I was eating and they were coming in at like 2000-2200 surely this is too much?? Like you said you should do one or the other but i'm panicking now that I'm eating too much, shouldn't have done it really as got obsessed with calories before :-( panic!!!!! Lol x

Personally I wouldnt recommend it - mainly because I did it myself using My Fitness Pal. I thought it was brilliant, knew I was eating around 1200 cals of 'food' and about 300 cals of 'syns' a day.

I also like big portions, and dont like to go hungry. :)

However i found tracking calories meant after a few weeks i tweaked slimming world more and more... i justified more syns if i had a lighter main meal. For example I make a healthy chilli and rice - full of veg (onions, mushrooms, lots of peppers, carrots, corgettes, 2 tins of tomatoes, pack of minced beef, tom puree - that might be it lol) - anyway even tho i devided by 6 portions when served with rice it was a lot more calories than say steamed fish, skinny sw wedges and veg (with ketchup)

dont get me wrong, its interesting but slimming world is uncomplicated, works so i dont recommend calorie counting as after a couple of weeks i didnt do that great!.

I know what you mean completely, I did it before and thought if I have a lower calorie meal I can have another glass of wine and consequently stopped enjoying my meals :-( but my portion control is way way out though and although I eat when I'm hungry I still end up eating the rest of the food of I make a Lasagne for example, I really have to work on that!! X

I use MFP to log food but I don't stick to any calorie limit and I still religiously fill in my Slimming World food sheets every week. I wish Slimming World would bring out an app where you could log food because this is the main reason I use MFP because it is mobile and I always have my phone on me, I don't always have my Slimming World pack.

Just looked over the last week and my lowest calorie day was 1200 and my highest was 2243 so it seems I have quite a large range, still lost 3lbs this week though!

Glad to hear that some days your having a higher calorie count and still losing :) really helps me out thank you :) x

Just gone on my fitness pal, had to guess weights ect. of some things but very shocked to see todays cal intake was 1,327... I think it's probably a lot more most days

I log mine every day. I use it to log my exercise too, that was actually what I joined for initially but it's handy because I can log food on the go then update my food diary on here at the end of the day without forgetting things.

I'm usually 850-1300, it really depends and can vary a lot. This number seems low but I'm always full and following the plan 100% so I don't worry. Most days I eat over 1200 but some days, especially red days, it can be under.

I do think it's quite interesting to log it actually, as long as you don't start worrying about eating too much or too little. I always thought I'd be way over on the cals to what people on here say they have but I've just logged my breakfast and what I will be having for lunch and its 612 cals, will be interesting to see what my snacks and tea make it up to

Just finished putting in everything I plan on eating and its come up to 1,567 ... that's on a red day as well

Last edited:
Quite interesting to see though, although both days I've been over the Cals my fitness pal says I need to loose weight, I've been under the fat both days

Calories are a thing of the past for me - I despair at the hours I used to spend counting EVERYTHING, and I mean EVERYTHING lol!

Interestingly, if it does work out around 1500 cals a day, if I was to switch to calorie counting and aim to have that, I would be starving - ie, I would fill up on things that probably taste naughtier but aren't so filling if that makes sense\?

I am happy to trust in SW x

I need to stop worrying about cals :-( that's my downfall, my calorie intake comes out quite high each day but if I eat any less I know I'll feel deprived and start binging so we will see what the scales say :) x

Calories are a thing of the past for me - I despair at the hours I used to spend counting EVERYTHING, and I mean EVERYTHING lol!

Interestingly, if it does work out around 1500 cals a day, if I was to switch to calorie counting and aim to have that, I would be starving - ie, I would fill up on things that probably taste naughtier but aren't so filling if that makes sense\?

I am happy to trust in SW x

Yeah I agree, I love not having to worry about cals and I would so be the same, I'd end up having loads of naughty things and cutting out all the good things... making me starving and unhappy. I love SW

Back