slimming world at home-is it possible?

Bettyboop23

Hi all,Im thinkin about leaving my group as it is way too full and i never stay to class anymore because i have maintaining and gaining the last 4 and a half months,see it as a waste of money just to stand on the scale to be told bad news,i have a few occasions comin up so Im determined to do it properly for the next few weeks and am thinkin of doing it myself at home,money is tight and group is not doing me much good! Anyone out there doing the same thing?any tips?i do not own a scale as i know i would be obsessing

Hi betty I've recently been trying to do it at home having done two stints at groups in the last two years. I am on mat leave at the mo so can't afford it really. I really struggled the first two weeks, gained on my second week, grim. But my hubby is really supportive and i decided to persevere. I think that's the hardest thing, there is only you to motivate yourself and if you go wrong its down to you to figure out why. Thankfully this week i lost 1lb. Not fab but its a start! This site is a lifesaver. I personally love slimming world and think it should be a government initiative to make it free lol! Xxx

Oh and i weigh myself on the wii every Sunday evening, i strictly do not weigh any other time. I feel that this way i don't obsess but i know whether I've gained or lost. Also try switching from stones to kilos or pounds, sounds weird but it must be some sort of psychology thing coz you're not used to the numbers it doesn't sound as bad if you know what i mean ha ha

Personally I know I can't do it without going to group... Yet! If I don't go I obsessively weigh and I'm addicted to getting my book filled up with stickers!

I think eventually I'd be ok following the plan online, but I'd like to keep up with Syn values so would definitely stay as an online member rather than doing it completely on my own.

Hi, I just joined minimins and I have been doing SW from home so it can be done but you need to kick yourself up the butt if you fall off the wagon as no group to do it for you! :)

Bettyboop23 I just had a thought- the group I go to is very quiet, send them all round to us!

PS if you are nowhere near Essex it could prove problematic...

lynzlou said:
Hi betty I've recently been trying to do it at home having done two stints at groups in the last two years. I am on mat leave at the mo so can't afford it really. I really struggled the first two weeks, gained on my second week, grim. But my hubby is really supportive and i decided to persevere. I think that's the hardest thing, there is only you to motivate yourself and if you go wrong its down to you to figure out why. Thankfully this week i lost 1lb. Not fab but its a start! This site is a lifesaver. I personally love slimming world and think it should be a government initiative to make it free lol! Xxx

Oh yeah id love if it was free you would have no problem going then! Sounds like you have good support doing it anyway! Im going to see how i get on for the next few weeks had a 100% day yesterday for the first time in ages,today however i baked a cake it should be within my syns though so its ok ;-) yeah i think ill buy a scales and give it to someone to weigh me with once a week!

lynzlou said:
Oh and i weigh myself on the wii every Sunday evening, i strictly do not weigh any other time. I feel that this way i don't obsess but i know whether I've gained or lost. Also try switching from stones to kilos or pounds, sounds weird but it must be some sort of psychology thing coz you're not used to the numbers it doesn't sound as bad if you know what i mean ha ha

Oh yes at least with kilos ill feel much smaller than pounds ha

hurleymurley said:
Personally I know I can't do it without going to group... Yet! If I don't go I obsessively weigh and I'm addicted to getting my book filled up with stickers!

I think eventually I'd be ok following the plan online, but I'd like to keep up with Syn values so would definitely stay as an online member rather than doing it completely on my own.

Yeah my stickers were great when i was gettin them too i just lost motivation somewhere along the way :-{ Im wasting my money going to group at the moment id prefer to save money and if i end up doing it right ill go back to group to keep motivated! How are you finding it anyway :)

Sharon82 said:
Hi, I just joined minimins and I have been doing SW from home so it can be done but you need to kick yourself up the butt if you fall off the wagon as no group to do it for you! :)

Hi :) how are you gettin on at home doing it? Any tips? Were you ever in a group? Yeah its quite hard to kick yourself up the backside ha ha

hurleymurley said:
Bettyboop23 I just had a thought- the group I go to is very quiet, send them all round to us!

PS if you are nowhere near Essex it could prove problematic...
Slightly problematic in that Im in Ireland :) but a nice thought!

Hi BettyBoop.....

I'm currently doing SW at home. I originally started it online, couldn't quite grasp the EE, O and G days, so decided 6 weeks of SW Weigh In's would help. Just like Sharon say, KICK YOURSELF UP THE BUTT. You can do this at home.

I'm tracking my food everyday online and my syns. I use another website to track my food, this tracks calories too which is quite useful as well as exercise.

You just gotta get yourself into the RIGHT frame of mind, make sure you're doing it for the right reasons. Yeah life gets in the way occasionally, but that's life eh? Don't beat yourself up about it. If you fall off the wagon, get back onto it... A good analogy is, if you drop an egg from a box are you going to drop the entire box to spite yourself????? No, so don't give up!!! Even if you ease yourself into it... just start somewhere and carry on going!!!

I am not a know-it-all but can usually give some good advice... so if you need a ear to listen, let me know!

:character00255:

Oh yes at least with kilos ill feel much smaller than pounds ha

Only trouble with kilos is that the number gets lower more slowly.... that's why I switched to pounds, 2 1/2 lbs weight loss seems like more than 1 kilo even though it isn't! *lol*

Oh, and I'm doing it at home as well as there is no group near me :)

Hi BettyBoop - I've just left my group aswell after 6 months of classes because we're going through some financial difficulties and it had become too much of an expense. Today was my first at home weigh in and I lost 2lb so really pleased :D but I really missed going along for the banter and the support.
I also track my food by writing it down and I have a good friend who I am going to email each week with the results of my weigh in: having to tell somebody makes me less tempted to cheat.
You can do it!

AndiKnott said:
Hi BettyBoop.....

I'm currently doing SW at home. I originally started it online, couldn't quite grasp the EE, O and G days, so decided 6 weeks of SW Weigh In's would help. Just like Sharon say, KICK YOURSELF UP THE BUTT. You can do this at home.

I'm tracking my food everyday online and my syns. I use another website to track my food, this tracks calories too which is quite useful as well as exercise.

You just gotta get yourself into the RIGHT frame of mind, make sure you're doing it for the right reasons. Yeah life gets in the way occasionally, but that's life eh? Don't beat yourself up about it. If you fall off the wagon, get back onto it... A good analogy is, if you drop an egg from a box are you going to drop the entire box to spite yourself????? No, so don't give up!!! Even if you ease yourself into it... just start somewhere and carry on going!!!

I am not a know-it-all but can usually give some good advice... so if you need a ear to listen, let me know!

:character00255:

Hi and thanks for writing to me, well done on managing to do it at home,have mixed emotions today was good all last week and blew it at the weekend as usual, "treating" myself when really i should be concentrating on protecting my weight loss. I also bought a scales that had me 10 lbs lighter than the slimming world one so now i dont know what i weigh! Really just need to cop onto myself! Mind me asking what websites you use to help you?

Alderica said:
Only trouble with kilos is that the number gets lower more slowly.... that's why I switched to pounds, 2 1/2 lbs weight loss seems like more than 1 kilo even though it isn't! *lol*

Oh, and I'm doing it at home as well as there is no group near me :)
Yeah lbs might be the best option i think! Quite a high number to begin with though!

At least i know there are others doing it at home we can motivate each other :)

Back